I don't understand why she's doing this

iridealone

At work, I became a close friend with one of my female colleagues. We talk a lot about things, and we call each other on the phone. I found her easy to talk to and a friendship developed between us. Four months ago, I started having feelings for her but I never told her because I was afraid she didn't feel the same way and I would have been embarrassed. I have such a great fear of being embarrassed that it has prevented me from doing many things. She now has a boyfriend and they seem to spend a lot of time together. The problem is that my friend appears to flirt with me. For example, she likes to play minor practical jokes on me, gets pretty close to me when she talks to me, and gives me a sly smile and sometimes winks at me. She also likes to say things to get me to blush because I'm kind of shy. What I would like to know is if what I described is in fact flirting and if it is, why is she doing that to me if she already has a boyfriend? This does not make sense. What hurts is that I have fallen for my friend but I can't have her because she is taken. Because she is a coworker of mine, I have to see her everyday and be reminded of that and I just want to get the hell out of there. This sucks.

Not_That_Innocent

Perhaps she is flirting with you, but keep in mind that flirting is a natural tendency for some people. I have to admit that I am a flirt and flirt with men all the time. It doesn't mean that I want to be with them, it just means that I like being the center of attention.