Friendzone, or Does she like me?

Hi,

I posted some time ago about a girl that I thought might like me. For a while I thought I was totally in the friendzone and wasting my time. However some recent things that have happened have really made me wonder.

Ok, As I said earlier I am a college student so I spend quite a bit of time in the library. After a while everyone eventually develops a "spot" where they usually go to get their work done, the other day I randomly happened to pick the same spot as the girl I like (I got there before her), when she came in we talked for some time and I ended up not getting much done (mostly small talk, etc, pointless stuff), recently I have sort of migrated to a spot somewhat close to hers and almost every time I am in the library she comes and talks to me. I know this sounds lame.

This week is midterms week so pretty much everybody goes to the library to study, needless to say my usual spot was taken, so on the other side of campus there is a student center, where it is also convient to study. I went there, this is where it gets intresting... about 30 min after i got there, she texted me and asked me where I was and I told her. Soon after, she came over to talk to me (the student center is on the opposite side of campus as the library, and it was cold outside), she claimed that she needed to get a bottle of water, however there are about 5 other places much closer to the library where she could have gone, she never bought the bottle of water.

Today, I went back to the library and I saw her there with the guy i think she might be seeing, from the distance I looked at her and she looked like she was bored, tired, etc. She saw me and Immediatly called out to me and brightened right up, asking me how my tests were going etc. The guy she might be dating gave me a simple hi, and sort of a dirty look.

As stupid as this sounds, her and this guy she might be dating are not "In a Relationship" on Facebook. Usually if your going out with someone you would put it on there, Facebook is a common way for college students to keep in touch.

This girl always lights up to me when she sees me, waves, and when I see her in the quad (unless she is in a hurry to get somewhere) almost always stops and talks to me. She remembers what I tell her about what I have going on, I dont remember what she tells me :p

I think we are pretty good friends, however I really like and care about her quite a bit. Do you think I am in the friendzone or could this girl like me? Any respones would be greatly appreciated and thanks for reading my story

• Author

Also, most of my guy friends origionaly thought that this girl totally didnt like me and it was friendzone for sure. However, recently her actions have left me and my friends scratching our heads as to weather she likes me or not. She is also flirty (somewhat) when she is around me.

If she did like me, how do I make a move without knowing the situation with the other guy? I dont want to steal someones girl, even if I really like her.

Dragon Guitarist

I'm assuming you talk to this girl so if you get a chance to talk alone to her, just ask her jokingly what her relationship is with the guy.

I would say your still in the friend zone. How long have you known her?

If you have known her awhile and you have not made a move to ask for a date, if she did like you before she would not be as friendly towards you now because you have not shown an interest in her. The fact that she is still friendly tells me that she views you as a friend. Unless she shows something more aggressive than you have posted I wouldn't pursue her.

well there is a guy I like but he's really shy and its taken me weeks for him to feel comfortable around me.... so perhaps this is the same in your case.

It sounds to me (and I'm a girl) that she is interested in you. Perhaps she wasn't before or was seeing someone a while ago but that's all finished now. The other guy probably looked pissed off because he likes her and sees that she is more interested in you than him.

I'd say you need to find out of if she is single or not, though it sounds like she is and then listen to what she says if its something like 'there's this movie I really want to check out' then say 'yeah, I'd like to see that what to go together?' try to invite her somewhere sort of casual to start off with and see if you can get to know her better alone.