Need confirmation

i met this girl a while back through a friend of mine. she's like 4 years younger than me though. we are in our teens. so i never thought that i would like her and we barely knew each other. we chatted a lot, and had a lot of good times talking together, except that we chat online mostly coz we live several hours away, and are quite busy and cant meet often. so i began to like her, and i told her that a bit too early.

she wanted to be friends and i agreed. i waited and waited...i told her my feeling, so i should hear from her right? but she never said anything. i had some mixed signals from her.. and i wasnt sure if she likes me or just friends. recently, i asked her we'll just be friends right? and she said yes. so, i made this decision. i decided that we'll only be friends and never cross that because it seems this is what she wants unless she's hinting me to ask her.. but i don't really see the hint. i like her, but i think we cant cross the friend line. is my decision right? just to be friends?

Yes, just friends. You can't be more than that becasue 1) she doesn't seem to want it and 2) because of the age difference and you're teens, you could get into trouble with her parents and/or the laws of your state.