Why are guys are ok to kiss in the pandemic?

rainbow12

Why are guys are ok to kiss in the pandemic where viruses are killing people? It's like the way they talk, they are ok with risking their life in order to release their sexual urges? They give wink faces and say I can keep the distance, but then I can't kiss you wink wink. I just don't get it? Why do they seem less bothered about it? Don't they care about their life? I do want to kiss on the 1st date, but I do the right thing in not doing it, why is it so hard to stop yourself from the other part of the gender?

• Shocked 1
Blind-Sided

Different regions are at different risk levels.  I happen to be in a low risk area.  I'm not openly "Dating", but I am kissing one person. (Kiss my kids on the head or cheek)  I'm not saying there is zero risk there... but there is a risk in every aspect of life. 

BUT... it's simple.  If you aren't willing to risk your health... then you need to not be dating.  SIMPLE !  If you are dating... then you should expect to kiss someone if there is a connection.

Edited by Blind-Sided
  • Like 4
  • Shocked 1
1 hour ago, rainbow12 said:

Why are guys are ok to kiss in the pandemic where viruses are killing people? It's like the way they talk, they are ok with risking their life in order to release their sexual urges? They give wink faces and say I can keep the distance, but then I can't kiss you wink wink. I just don't get it? Why do they seem less bothered about it? Don't they care about their life? I do want to kiss on the 1st date, but I do the right thing in not doing it, why is it so hard to stop yourself from the other part of the gender?

Viruses are always killing people. Are we really going to stop living just because of another pandemic? Besides, the regular flu has killed more people in this time, so I'm not too concerned.

I've been kissing plenty during this time lol

• Like 3

Pretty basic stuff... men are genetically wired, socialized and programmed to take risks, suffer pain, disease and death in silence, and do what needs to be done. If one lives in a free country, men, mostly, have given the ultimate sacrifice so one has the choice to kiss, hug, fist bump, whatever, in public and private with complete autonomy. We risk our lives daily to maintain that freedom and to create all the really cool stuff humans take for granted, some of us literally in science, industry, law enforcement, first response, whatever. . By comparison, kissing a lady we like, or our spouse, is nothing to us, as a risk. Pretty much not even on the risk radar.

• Like 5

hormones > reason

(I do include myself.)

Do you really think this only applies to guys, and not women, too? I beg to differ. For evidence, look no further than this very forum. No need to turn this into a gender war thing.

Edited by Giovane
  • Like 3
manfrombelow
1 hour ago, rainbow12 said:

Because why not? The risk of getting Covid-19 (and even die from it) is just roughly the same as the risk of getting onto an airplane that'd crash. 

Do people stop using airplanes just because there have been arial accidents? NO. The same for your question.

And if you plan to go to the next dates already knowing you won't kiss (even if you do want to), I suggest you stay home to not waste your (and his) time.

• Like 4
amaysngrace

My bf kissed me knowing my daughter was positive and she lives here with me.  He also had no problem coming into our home, hanging out or using a bathroom.  

I guess for him it was a risk worth taking especially because he didn’t catch it from all those chances he took.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, rainbow12 said:

Because  they're ignorant and desperate. End of story.

I mean im personally keeping a social distance from others. Its annoying to say the least when i hear about people no longer social distancing and full on dating and exchanging saliva with others. Keeping the virus at bay should be a collective effort. 

I had a guy making fun of me because  i said im at the local park on my own. While he's being totally desperate and inviting women he barely knows back to his flat. 

Do whatever you think is right. If you don't  want to kiss someone, don't. If they  cant handle it, then bye 😂

Edited by Roswell91
  • Like 5
amaysngrace
1 minute ago, Roswell91 said:

Because  they're ignorant. End of story.

Not exactly.  There’s another side to the story as well.   

My 21 y.o. daughter is a covid RN living at home while finishing up her BSN online.

She tested positive and I tested negative.  Nobody in this house got it despite me even going as far as sharing a beverage with her or hitting her dab.

My son didn’t get it, the dogs she kisses on all the time didn’t get it, and no my bf who kisses me didn’t get it either.

Some might consider dismissing someone’s firsthand experience and instead following a herd as ignorant.   Just sayin.

• Like 4

There are 5 basic needs all humans have:  air to breathe, water, food, shelter & sex.   It's hardwired. 

These men who want to kiss during a pandemic have done a risk reward analysis -- even if they didn't know they were doing it.  They determined that you are low risk & they want to kiss you. 

If you have concerns about the virus, stay of dating sites & stop acting like you are down to meet up -- take a risk -- when you are not willing to take that risk.  Understand that if you meet a man for a date, even in this pandemic that man will conclude that you are open to kissing.  Since you are not, take a break for a while until you feel more comfortable with the risk.  

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
16 minutes ago, amaysngrace said:

Not exactly.  There’s another side to the story as well.   

My 21 y.o. daughter is a covid RN living at home while finishing up her BSN online.

She tested positive and I tested negative.  Nobody in this house got it despite me even going as far as sharing a beverage with her or hitting her dab.

My son didn’t get it, the dogs she kisses on all the time didn’t get it, and no my bf who kisses me didn’t get it either.

Some might consider dismissing someone’s firsthand experience and instead following a herd as ignorant.   Just sayin.

Tests are inaccurate btw. You may test negative one week but then later actually have the disease, so i wouldnt be that confident if i was you.

From what ive heard, families are dying of covid eg. A father and his daughter simultaneously (30 plus year age gap).

Im not following a herd im using my own common sense, if you look around the world and the lack of compliance to lockdowns and social distancing guidelines a lot of people are not.  Scientists barely have a clue about the pattern of this disease, no one is exempt or safe.

But each to their own. 🤦‍♀️

Edited by Roswell91
  • Like 4
7 minutes ago, Roswell91 said:

Tests are inaccurate btw. You may test negative one week but then later actually have the disease, so i wouldnt be that confident if i was you.

The tests are not inaccurate.  On the day the test was negative, the person was not infected.  At a later time the person was exposed to the disease & became infected.  Life progresses.  

• Like 1
Just now, d0nnivain said:

The tests are not inaccurate.  On the day the test was negative, the person was not infected.  At a later time the person was exposed to the disease & became infected.  Life progresses.  

Nope.

What about the Brits who went to New Zealand and basically  increased  their covid numbers from zero? 

Im sure they tested negative initially. 

5 minutes ago, d0nnivain said:

And about the previous poster. I simply mentioned that she could still get covid or have it now. Even if shes a 100% confident her daughter didnt pass it on to her at the beginning, when tests were  taken. 

Edited by Roswell91
  • Like 1

The antigen test is dependent on the swab coming into contact with virus. Too early not enough virus, too late not enough virus.. Poor swab technique not enough virus. All may lead to false negatives, so tests need to be repeated if Covid is suspected.

Antibody tests are very variable in accuracy with some being more accurate than others, and the timing of the test can be critical too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, Roswell91 said:

What about the Brits who went to New Zealand and basically  increased  their covid numbers from zero? 

Im sure they tested negative initially. 

When the Brits decided to travel they were negative. Then then moved through an AP & came into contact with lots of people.  They picked up the bug en route to New Zealand & infected others when they landed.  

amaysngrace
37 minutes ago, Roswell91 said:

And about the previous poster. I simply mentioned that she could still get covid or have it now. Even if shes a 100% confident her daughter didnt pass it on to her at the beginning, when tests were  taken. 

Enough time has passed to know she didn’t infect any of us.  She’s even been cleared to get back to work and has been working for the past two or three weeks now, might be even longer than that. 

2 minutes ago, amaysngrace said:

Enough time has passed to know she didn’t infect any of us.  She’s even been cleared to get back to work and has been working for the past two or three weeks now, might be even longer than that. 

Maybe so. 

But people can carry the disease and show no  symptoms i.e asymptomatic.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, d0nnivain said:

When the Brits decided to travel they were negative. Then then moved through an AP & came into contact with lots of people.  They picked up the bug en route to New Zealand & infected others when they landed.  

They were not tested until they  had symptoms.
They were allowed to leave the quarantine facility early without a negative test on compassionate grounds
They then subsequently tested positive having already travelled through New Zealand in a private car.
They infected no-one else.
The infection was presumed to be picked up in the UK before travelling

• Like 1
1 hour ago, carhill said:

Pretty basic stuff... men are genetically wired, socialized and programmed to take risks, suffer pain, disease and death in silence, and do what needs to be done. If one lives in a free country, men, mostly, have given the ultimate sacrifice so one has the choice to kiss, hug, fist bump, whatever, in public and private with complete autonomy. We risk our lives daily to maintain that freedom and to create all the really cool stuff humans take for granted, some of us literally in science, industry, law enforcement, first response, whatever. . By comparison, kissing a lady we like, or our spouse, is nothing to us, as a risk. Pretty much not even on the risk radar.

please don't change a pandemic into freedom and human rights.

Your rights stop when you start hurting others and endangering others; there is a contagious disease that will go on for 2 years with no vaccine, so you better love the country enough and love its people to stop risking others life by  turning this debate into a political game. Don't waste the efforts of the people who helped this country exist.

Edited by Noproblem
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
amaysngrace
1 minute ago, Roswell91 said:

But people can carry the disease and show no  symptoms i.e asymptomatic.

Personally I believe it could become worse with it mutating the way it has and so you’re right in that we should still be cautious but if we’ve already been exposed to somebody and haven’t gotten it then we’re probably okay.  That’s how I think anyway.  I’m not gonna live my life in a state of paranoia over it though. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Noproblem said:

please don't change a pandemic into freedom and human rights.

Your rights stop when you start hurting others and endangering others; there is a contagious disease that will go on for 2 years with no vaccine, so you better love the country enough and love the people to stop risking others life by  turning this debate into a political game.

It is interesting that I'm seeing people here argue against the virus as if it was "just another flu" or "that you can die from it as easy you can die in a plane crash" Funny how I'm not seeing these same people in the actual Covid 19 thread.

Chances are these are the same idiots that decided to join the other lemmings at the local bars, and then...a flare-up happened, shutting down the bars and getting a liquor license pulled.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1
2 minutes ago, amaysngrace said:

Personally I believe it could become worse with it mutating the way it has and so you’re right in that we should still be cautious but if we’ve already been exposed to somebody and haven’t gotten it then we’re probably okay.  That’s how I think anyway.  I’m not gonna live my life in a state of paranoia over it though. 

Fair enough. 

I think overall if everyone was strict with themselves and concerned about their country as a whole and the people in it. We wouldnt have had the astounding death tolls we have had. 

Not about you specifically but just in general. 

Im still young in my years but have consideration for others. 

manfrombelow

Let's not make this thread about Covid-19 please. None of us are virology experts so please don't try to act like one.

@OP: Now you have got the answer: Men risked kissing you despite the pandemic because to them it's worth it. Call it ignorance or stupidity or whatever, that's the answer for your question.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, QuietRiot said:

It is interesting that I'm seeing people here argue against the virus as if it was "just another flu" or "that you can die from it as easy you can die in a plane crash" Funny how I'm not seeing these same people in the actual Covid 19 thread.

Chances are these are the same idiots that decided to join the other lemmings at the local bars, and then...a flare-up happened, shutting down the bars and getting a liquor license pulled.

Most likely. 

Unfortunately people who think like them are not going to change their views anytime soon.