Girlfriend has been married 3x. and.

I’m seeing a girl right now. Fairly smart and, in no small degree, has her act together. She appreciates me.

I know has had a history of attaching herself to jerks and losers, guys that treat her like garbage, mentally or physically, or total screw-ups.

And she’s been married three times.

At present, one of her ex-hubbies is currently living on her couch! It is platonic. I believe her. I think. But he is the father of her daughter.

The louse is a chronic alcoholic and on criminal probation for robbery. Her daughter loves him, so she tolerates it to keep the peace. I've voiced my opinions and concerns on this matter more than once. Last time she got defensive and even appeared to gaslight me some. 

Recently he got a DWI while on probation. So he’s in potential violation and facing jail time. She has filled me in on her past life, and it has been tragic, to say the least.

Is she just drawn to this drama because that’s the norm for her? Like all she knows? Anything better she feels undeserving of? 

Gut instincts all over the place. Need neutral advice. Thanks 

Red flags all over the field my friend. If you were a buddy of mine I would stage an intervention. 

• Like 10
  • Author
25 minutes ago, schlumpy said:

I think that her EX has to go before you can get any closer. 

Yeah I've brought that up. When we first met she told me he was in the process of looking for his own place. Then the supposed DWI happened so now he's going to have legal expenses. I know....a mess. 

• Like 1
  • Mad 1

No! Do not keep seeing her! She doesn’t have a boundary that keeps her safe/keeps the crap at bay and she doesn’t know how to DO what’s right!

she brings a known criminal in and keeps him in her home. She is a huge enabler. It doesn’t matter that he’s the father - HE SHOULD BE setting a GOOD example of what a father looks like! Instead he’s sleeping at her place and getting drunk and a DUI. This drama probably always will be normal to her.

you do NOT want that in your life! How long have you been seeing her? How many kids does she have?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, nubsty said:

Yeah I've brought that up. When we first met she told me he was in the process of looking for his own place. Then the supposed DWI happened so now he's going to have legal expenses. I know....a mess. 

She is HELPING him be a loser!

he needs to get a job and support his child and set a good example for a healthy/happy man!

Edited by S2B

If it wasn't during the pandemic her ex would go back to jail but not necessarily for very long. I doubt they jail him now though. I don't see why you would want to stay in this situation.

simpycurious

That would be a Major NO for me dog...............sometimes the first down (the goal) is just too long to go for it so you do what....................PUNT.

• Like 1
  • Author
1 hour ago, S2B said:

No! Do not keep seeing her! She doesn’t have a boundary that keeps her safe/keeps the crap at bay and she doesn’t know how to DO what’s right!

she brings a known criminal in and keeps him in her home. She is a huge enabler. It doesn’t matter that he’s the father - HE SHOULD BE setting a GOOD example of what a father looks like! Instead he’s sleeping at her place and getting drunk and a DUI. This drama probably always will be normal to her.

you do NOT want that in your life! How long have you been seeing her? How many kids does she have?

2 kids, with the youngest being the offspring of the ex in question. Seeing her a couple months. 

• Author
1 hour ago, S2B said:

She is HELPING him be a loser!

he needs to get a job and support his child and set a good example for a healthy/happy man!

Agreed. Thanks

• Author
1 hour ago, preraph said:

If it wasn't during the pandemic her ex would go back to jail but not necessarily for very long. I doubt they jail him now though. I don't see why you would want to stay in this situation.

Yeah, what's more interesting is that DWI arrests are usually pretty accessible online. At least where we live. I can't find a notification of his arrest. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, but strikes me as a bit odd. Either he is conning her or her me given the fact that she said he was planning to move soon. Even did the online background check. Nothing

She’s bad news. Why do you want to waste any more energy on her? He is never going away - they have a child together. She likely has another guy to contend with for the other child.

why not date a gal without all this baggage?

22 minutes ago, nubsty said:

Yeah, what's more interesting is that DWI arrests are usually pretty accessible online. At least where we live. I can't find a notification of his arrest. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, but strikes me as a bit odd. Either he is conning her or her me given the fact that she said he was planning to move soon. Even did the online background check. Nothing

It often takes a long time for the municipality to get around to posting things as well as filing reports and arrest records. So I wouldn't expect to see it immediately. 

• Author
11 minutes ago, enigma32 said:

For a guy to put up with all this, his girl has to be dynamite in the bedroom or something.

She is that. Which is why I'm seeing things through the rose pedaled glasses only. However the elephant in the room not getting any smaller. 

• Like 1

A gal with this much crap going on HAS to be good for sex! Otherwise you wouldn’t stick around!

it won’t last. I’m wondering what she’s gonna use you for.

you better be wearing a condom EVERY time!

do NOT believe her when she says she’s on birth control!

Edited by S2B
58 minutes ago, nubsty said:

the elephant in the room not getting any smaller. 

No, he’s sleeping on her sofa... ;)

• Author

Oh yeah, she's hot to trot. But she's always set off my radar. That's why I'm posting on a relationship forum for the first time in my life. Very first time. AND, just tonight, she came over to my place, her car was missing he took it! She didn't know where he was. I inquired 'well howcome you are over here? Shouldn't you be trying to get to the bottom of this?' Acting very nonchalant about it. Hour or so later, her daughter calls her cell phone, F-head returned home and passed out again on the floor, stoned cold drunk. Paramedics were called and now he is in the hospital. More on this tomorrow....

Fairy story.
Beautiful girl with tragic past meets our white knight hero.
Evil black knight has kidnapped her.
She wants to escape but he has put a spell on her.
Our hero formulates a plan and ousts the evil black knight from the kingdom.
The beautiful girl thanks our hero and tells him she has fallen in love with him.
She accepts his hand in marriage and they live happily ever after.

• Like 1

Has her act together? Must be biggest joke of the year so far.

Red flags all over the place.. too many to even know when to start.

Run.

• Like 1

It’s insane when grown men date lunatics like this just for the sex.

her drama isn’t worth it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
deepthinking

3 Weddings?! Not just 3 LTRs that didn't last, but 3 attempts to settle down. I think she likes variety, and the celebrations, but lacks substance.

• Author

The Ex spent part of the night in the hospital then 'checked himself out' approx 3 am or so. According to what I'm told. They can't hold you that long for that. Came into her bedroom upon return and asked where the vodka was. 

It'll be an interesting day for sure.....

Snow_Queen
1 hour ago, Mystery4u said:

Has her act together? Must be biggest joke of the year so far.

Red flags all over the place.. too many to even know when to start.

Run.

That was my thought, too.

This woman has been married a total of 3 times. That’s 3 marriages she couldn’t work out. If she’s so smart, why couldn’t she learn from the first time around? Not only that, but she’s not done with her last marriage. No matter what she says, she is still emotionally tied to that relationship.

Her life is an absolute mess. You also don’t know what these men in her life are capable of doing. I’m willing to bet she’s surrounded by people who are shady because of her exes. The most recent one has a criminal record and recently stole her car! This aren’t red flags, this is entire forest blazing right before your eyes.

• Like 2