Following members

I decided to post this here instead of starting a new thread since the new features of LS are a hot topic. But has anyone tried using the 'follow' feature yet? I've been around the block with a few popular internet forums over the years but we weren't ever notified if they had posted new content or not. Is that feature working for you? 

• Author

I'd only think it if they were legit responding to anything and everything you've posted. Or liking everything. 

I wonder how it works. Maybe someone else knows. 

Hey! Maybe they just like you and your posts though. Is that creepy? Uh oh. 

Edited by K.K.
  • Author

I'm just curious if you're notified of any new content they post. With any thread I've started, I have to look and see despite changing my preferences. With any post, I get the notifications. 

I don’t know.  there’s probably not one person following anybody else here! I think it’s probably creepy or awkward? I mean don’t get me wrong, I’d be a following mofo if they didn’t KNOW I was following them. ;) 

• Author

I've been here for a long time and I really don't think anyone would care too much if anyone follows their activity. Everyone seems so laid back. It's definitely a welcome change where I came from when I signed up. High strung and trolls. 

Edited by The Outlaw

I haven’t been here nearly as long as you so I don’t know but I’ll take your word for it. Seems like to me though (and correct me if I’m wrong) that there was a lot more posts and traffic say back a few years ago.  Sometimes i sit here and just wait and wait and get all excited when someone makes a new thread or posts something! ( ok pathetic whatev lol) Very slow traffic. That can be a good thing though. Yea I remember the trolls omg. There would be pages of crap before you got to the posts.

I’m rambling again ... 

• Author

I think some just faded away when the old LS had an outage from time to time and just thought it was gone and didn't log back in. LS is 22 years old. I was just a kid when it launched. 

Maybe there are different options, like notify me if they post anything or notify me only if they start a thread.  I haven't done it.  But I don't think it's creepy.  

One can find content following options here:

https://www.loveshack.org/notifications/options/?type=follower_content

I'm not seeing an option to parse posts versus threads as far as notifications are concerned. In the primary menu in the member's profile, I did note a pre-checked option making one's following of another member visible by default. That can be un-checked. IMO, experiment with stuff and see how it goes.

Here's the main management page for that:

https://www.loveshack.org/followed/

Member area:

https://www.loveshack.org/followed/?type=core_member&change_section=1

46 minutes ago, alphamale said:

don't follow me

As a test since I have never followed anyone before I decided to follow you.. don't panic as I will unfollow you shortly

1 hour ago, Robert said:

As a test since I have never followed anyone before I decided to follow you.. don't panic as I will unfollow you shortly

ok

18 hours ago, alphamale said:

don't follow me

17 hours ago, Robert said:

16 hours ago, alphamale said:

ok

HAA HA ! 

- Nelson Muntz