Ex agreed to go on vacation with me...What does it mean? She broke up with me..

My ex-girlfriend who broke up with me about a month ago, has agreed to go on a trip with me. I got a trip to mexico from work as a bonus and i am able to take one other person, well being that i have been before with friends and not really thinking of going with anyone else who i trust will appreciate it, i asked her to go with me and she agreed. I asked her because she has never been out of the country and i know its something she has always wanted to do, so i figured why not ask her, i am not doing it to get her back as the trip is not for another 3 months but i am doing it because i know as friends we would have fun. I am however just wondering if most people out here would do something like this, would any girlsd here agree to go on a trip with an ex? We still talk often and even when i ignore her she contacts me right away to say hi and that she loves me. She says she is very excited about the trip and is looking forward to it, anyways what to you guys make of this. I would just like some advice as my friends would probably think i am nuts or crazy for taking her so no one else knows she is the one going.

i don't know, my guy broke up with me a month ago, we've been talking and hanging out once a week, he said he needs his time and space to feel capable of having a relationship and dealing with what comes along with it, and we are going away for next weekend...i kind of threw a bone to him last week and he seems to think its a great idea. i tried cancelling it, too, after changing my mind yesterday, but i find out today i can't. so we are going. if anything it can't hurt, it will just give us clarification as to should we/shouldn't we be together. i don't plan on trying to figure out our future by going, i fel he's a freind TOO, so at least i know we'll have a good time. whatever i don't know what to think, at this point we are going and i hope he appreciates it. good luck...at least things may become more clear for you!

Olivia_19742004

Who said that you can't remain friends with your ex-lover and go on vacations with them? As long as your current girlfriend (if you have one) doesn't mind, I don't see a problem with it. I'm still friend with my ex-boyfriend and if I were single and he asked me to go on a vacation with him I would! Why the hell not? You still care for each other, you're still friends.

Have a great time!

• Author

Thanks for your advice, but what about the fact that she is seeing someone new. The trip itself is not for another 3 months but she has told me she is very excited and looks forward to it, i understand also if i get into a new relationship i will tell whoever i am with that i have a vacation planned with my ex, it would not be cool to hide it from her. Now as far as my ex, i know she has not told anyone she is going with me to mexico, what do you make of that? I really have not told anyone either except for 1 friend who i know will keep his mouth shut. I just was wondering if this was a good idea? I am afraid old feelings may surface from myself or her, since we will be together for 7 days at a nice romantic resort. What should i do?

Woodstok,

Firstoff, what possessed you to ask a recently ex-girlfriend to go on a trip with you? You say it has nothing to do with trying to get her back, but I don't buy it.

I agree, some exs you can stay friends with, but I highly doubt that in such a newly broken up relationship that the two of you are able to go on a vacation together. Especially if she is seeing someone new.

Why the secrecy you ask? Well, you're not going to like my answer - but here it is.

She is using you for the trip - you are using the trip to get to her.

IMO, both of you need to gain some self-respect.

• Author

Well what possessed me to ask her was the fact that, i got the trip as a bonus from work. I had to pick someone quick because my employer wanted to purchase the tickets (i am sure they got some sort of deal for buying them right away). I can not think of anyone else i would like to spend 7 days with, who would appreciate it and who i could have fun with. She has never been out of the country, always wanted to go though, this opportunity was given to me and i thought why not ask her. Sure maybe some part of me would like to get her back but that is not why i asked her, if i wanted her back i would be trying to get her back right now, but i am not, i am going out, meeting new people as is she. We are also best friends so i figured why not ask my best friend, i know we will have fun together and even if we are both seeing people at the time, why could we not keep it plotonic? Am i just talking out of my a**, i dont think so, but i have had some people tell me temptation is to easy for the both of us being that it is a romantic type thing to do together.