Is she ashame of me?

JoeyArnold

As Facebook friends she has commented on things I posted but then she will delete her comments later.

• Author
Maybe she is not sure of her opinions so she deletes the comments.

Agreed. We usually talk for hours on the phone but she's been trying to limit her time spent on FB (Facebook). One time she posted a comment in a debate I started about abortion. Me & her both are against abortion but maybe she just wanted to stay out of the debate that is still going on past like 200 comments these past few months or so.

• Like 1
FredRutherford
maybe she is not sure of her opinions so she deletes the comments

Have done the same, commented on another friend's political post.

Then realized it may not be something I want others to see... a political discussion.

That wasn't anything "heavy," BTW, just a light political comment.

Am sure the OP sees the posts deleted, but the reasons may not have anything to do with you.

If it bugs you, ask her why she does that.

Don't sound accusatory. Just tell her you notice different friends have diff. ways of posting on FB and see hers. Why do you post your way?

However, don't assume it's anything to do with you. More likely something about her and the way she expresses her opinions in public like that.

• 1 month later...
  • Author
JoeyArnold
Don't sound accusatory.

My ability to ask questions is both a curse and a blessing.

FredRutherford
Originally Posted by FredRutherford

Don't sound accusatory.

My ability to ask questions is both a curse and a blessing.

Yeah, asking a lot of questions can seem "prying."

Many feel uncomfortable with someone probing like that.

Gotta be careful if you ask too personal questions. Have seen guys do that in public settings.

As my career had me asking a lot of questions to my clients, you'd think being comfortable in conversation would've translated into my personal life.

However, the shy and introverted guy I was in my early 20s, had to learn how to become more conversational and use my inquisitiveness to my advantage in dating.

Figured even if my date "clammed up," as often happened, I could keep the evening interesting by focusing all my questions on her.

Not personal questions about her dating and sex life, but about her likes, interests, activities, career, what she likes about what she does for a living, where she's from, what college she went to, her favorite songs, TV shows, movies, etc.

Observe some of the good interviewers, like Larry King, and notice the questions they ask to keep things moving when the guest isn't so interested in talking... May help you with your conversations with women.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
JoeyArnold
Observe some of the good interviewers, like Larry King, and notice the questions they ask to keep things moving when the guest isn't so interested in talking.

Perspective plays a factor in conversations, in relationships, in interactions, in attitude, behavior, because perspective influences the way we talk and respond to others. I am really good at making friends with girls because my perspective is in eternity in making an impact in others, and not just in a limited perspective of wanting to have sex with women, you know, one night stands, like Barney from How I Met Your Mother.

FredRutherford
Perspective plays a factor in conversations, in relationships, in interactions, in attitude, behavior, because perspective influences the way we talk and respond to others.

A person's background and world view affects nearly everything about them.

I am really good at making friends with girls because my perspective is in eternity in making an impact in others,

That's good.

If you desire a mate, should put those people-meeting skills to work.

Don't date just anyone, but use your skills in your interactions with women, particularly Christian women in Christian settings such as church and singles groups.

Of course, don't make it so obvious and act like a Barney from How I Met Your Mother or a Hawkeye from M*A*S*H... always coming onto women, making advances, etc.

You don't want to become known as some kind of "player," but do what you need to do to advance the chances of landing a relationship with a good sweet Christian girl.

.....and not just in a limited perspective of wanting to have sex with women, you know, one night stands, like Barney from How I Met Your Mother.

Don't use those skills just to seek women to have sex with.

As a Christian, I know you're not wanting to go down that path.

Of course you have physical needs, but like many of us did in our 20s, best to focus first on finding a relationship with the right person.

If it was a long discussion, going over a long period of time, she may just be tired of the notifications, so by removing her post, she stops getting them.

I know there are times that I just don't want to keep getting emails and texts about something I spoke on a month ago.

As Facebook friends she has commented on things I posted but then she will delete her comments later.

LOL... I used to do this. It's just me being unsure about my comments :p

• Author
JoeyArnold
I know there are times that I just don't want to keep getting emails and texts about something I spoke on a month ago.

you know you can tell facebook not to email you anything about anything? and you can also ignore notifications too, you know? some people feel like they have to read every email, message, notification, comment, but you know you do not have to be a slave to those things? you can tell facebook to leave you alone. you can ignore notifications.