Stop me from breaking NC!!!

BenThereDunThat

Please! Every time I have a couple beers, I think it's ok to contact him. And I know it is not.

Please! Every time I have a couple beers, I think it's ok to contact him. And I know it is not.

DON'T DO IT........ Alcohol is a depressant and make all emotions run wild and will make you want to call but trust me you will regret it. Don't do it. If you feel that way when you drink, then maybe you shouldn't drink if you can't control the urge...

Have a couple more beers. You won't be able to dial.

stoopid_guy
So far so good.....

Throw the phone(s) out the window, or in the toilet... The your car keys...

• Author
BenThereDunThat

LOL - if only I could put one of those breathalizers on my computer.

Don't worry, though, I haven't sent anything.

But, DAMMIT, I want to!!!!

Fluffyllama

Delete his phone from your mobile's address book. It'll be nearly impossible to either a. dial the phone while drunk or b. remember his number. Works for me... other than that, the motivation not to talk to him has to come from deep within you. There's no other motivation that works better.

• Author
BenThereDunThat
Delete his phone from your mobile's address book. It'll be nearly impossible to either a. dial the phone while drunk or b. remember his number. Works for me... other than that, the motivation not to talk to him has to come from deep within you. There's no other motivation that works better.

Fluffy - you are so right. His # has been out of my phone for a while now so no worries there. It's just that his email address is his name so I have no hope of forgetting it!!!

But, like I said earlier, so far so good.

Thank god for this site!!!!

ooops... Yeah... when you've had a little wine, and the music is playing... definitely a recipe for a 'weak moment'!

I remind myself, before the evening even begins, what my goal is. And, because I'm like that, I write something on my hand in biro (!)... something along the lines of 'don't blow it!', etc. JUST in case I forget where my head is supposed to be :lmao:

Hope you mananged to avoid calling!

• Author
BenThereDunThat

Made it through the night!

(man, I'm so glad I found this site....)

Thanks guys!

LakesideDream

Do your calls make him happy, then sad because he can't have you? Does that make you feel guilty?

He might get so much happiness from your calls that it's worth it to him. Don't be so hard on yourself that you can't feel your heart anymore.

• Author
BenThereDunThat
Do your calls make him happy, then sad because he can't have you? Does that make you feel guilty?

He might get so much happiness from your calls that it's worth it to him. Don't be so hard on yourself that you can't feel your heart anymore.

Thanks, Lakeside. That's the problem. I know he would be happy to hear from me. The thing is, I'm the one who gets sad because I can't have him. And I'm tired of being sad!

:confused: not so good advice...i see your point, dont become hard, but, this is a mm, who has probably sent her head and heart all over the place. being hard on yourself is allowing it even more...being nice to yourself is not putting up with it any longer.

• Author
BenThereDunThat
:confused: not so good advice...i see your point, dont become hard, but, this is a mm, who has probably sent her head and heart all over the place. being hard on yourself is allowing it even more...being nice to yourself is not putting up with it any longer.

Newbby - Exactly. Staying away is the best thing I can do for myself. He's extremely manipulative and knows exactly what buttons to push and as long as I don't allow him to do that, I'll be fine.

Sucks that I work with him though. I don't have to speak to him, but we're on the same floor and I can hear him. I consulted an online therapist who said that while it may be a relief for him to see me at work, he still gets to go home to his W. Meanwhile, for me, seeing him just pokes at the wounds.

So far so good though. Feeling better and stronger (de-programmed is probably more like it! :laugh: ) every day. Thankfully, he agreed not to contact me anymore so if anything were to get said again, it will be my own fault.

• Author
BenThereDunThat
good, you are being strong, this is great!

Thanks....so far, so good. Yesterday was a whole lot easier. He was traveling. Today he's here and while he's done a good job of staying out of my line of sight, I can still hear him. My anxiety level is much higher today than it was yesterday.

(not to mention, I haven't gotten a damn thing done at work today!)