Needs space, I'm a distraction... define distraction?

Should probably change Needs Space to distancing herself...

Long time friend... confessed her love for me and was suppose to get a divorce this time last year.... ended up going back to her husband. (cutting me off) Couple months back, we started talking again... turns out, nothing changed for her marriage and she decided to go through with a divorce. Started the process, moved back out again... Was talking to me just about everyday (long distance) before the 'move out' but has slowly distancing herself... (phonecalls everyday down to every two weeks) Says' she's keeping her distance because "I'm a distraction... and she doesn't want any distractions or influence's during her transition..." Please define "distraction" in this case... Why am "I" the distraction but no one else? Other friends, coworkers...etc... just curious.

travellingman

distraction = she can't make up her mind, and you're a fool for sticking around while she tries to

imagine how quickly she'd be forced to come to a decision if someone else came into your life

• Author
and you're a fool for sticking around

Little harsh, no?

I'm dating someone else...

I've been friends/close with this girl since 98'. Six years longer then her marriage lasted.

I didn't say I was 'waiting' for her... just wasn't sure what she meant by my being a distraction... we have a history... but I do my thing...she does hers.

OH!, I getcha now... she doesn't know I'm dating someone else... but if she did, she'd probably make more of an effort?

It means that she is in a huge change in her life right now and that she feels like she needs to distance herself from things that might influence her to go one way or another.

• Author

Thanks Tiki... I think I understand. But if I'm only a 'friend' now... (was, don't think I'm gonna talk to her anymore) but if I was only EVER a friend with her, how would "I" be an influence on her decision to go one way or another? Normally she would call me up to talk about everything, other times, she would call to talk about nothing. :laugh: But then she said she must distance herself... I guess I didn't realize I may be an influence. I told her plenty of times... "Find yourself, spend time with your son gaining a new closeness with him and gain your own independence as well... no crutches...." Just didn't realize she would be shutting me out during her transition.

I think that this whole thing might just be super scary for her and maybe cutting ties with everything that maybe had something to do with it might be her way of coping with it all :)