She signed the papers...now what?!

As some may know, I broke up with my MM about 10 days ago after 27 months of unfulfilled promises. I haven't spoken to him since.

So ten minutes after my first emotional breakdown on my way to work (had to pull off the road and cry for a bit) he calls me and tells me he has something to tell me. Can we talk? I put him off until tonight.

I just got off a 2.5 hour phone conversation with him. Apparently, after I broke things off with him, he finally had the courage to dig the separation papers out of the drawer where they have sat for 3 months and ask her to sign them...which she did.

And now he wants me to give him another chance. "I can just park my motorcycle in your garage and move on and pretend that the last 10 days didn't happen."

And the absolutely crazy thing is- I'M CONSIDERING IT. No, I am not considering letting him move back in. I am considering allowing him to have contact with me as a friend. But as I told him, allowing him back in my life in any fashion is a huge risk (one that I've taken 3 other times only to wish I hadn't because he never did get the paperwork moving...until now).

He swears he is the person I want him to be and that he was in a depressive funk that kept him from taking action, even though he knew it was destroying me, us, and my belief in us.

I don't know how to put in any faith in this man again. I don't know what questions to ask myself to figure out if I want to have any contact with him.

I am so confused.

scarletletter

Considering what you have been through already with the broken promises, I would probably tell him to contact me when she signs the DIVORCE papers!