My 1 year relationship w/ boss's married daughter is over... Clean up begins

I was in a relationship with my boss's married 30yo daughter for the past year. She ended our relationship 2 weeks ago because she told me she was overwhelmed by guilt and has no "peace" in her life. She told me that she was on the verge of a breakdown because she just couldn't take what she had been doing anymore. It was difficult for the past few months because I tend to be the jealous type, always questioned her relationship with her husband. I know it was probably the best thing for her to do but I do hurt a lot and I do love her intensely. But at the same time I feel as though a weight has been lifted off of me too. No more sleepless nights thinking about her and him, no more holidays alone, no more uncertainty. But the bad thing is, we work together and it is proving to be much more difficult than I thought it would've been. She is trying to keep our friendship but at the same time it comes across as if she is trying to block out everything that happened with us and that's painful. It's just SOOO hard! I can't block out my emotions and I want to respect her decision. I have a great job but I have been forced to begin searching for something else. Does anyone have any advice for me in this bizarre situation I have gotten myself into?

Finding a new job is the best thing you can do for yourself. Seeing her IS going to be too painful and also it weakens your inner strength to not let the affair start up again...It would still be some sort of an emotional affair.

I'm sure she is in pain too, but it's best that she doesn't show it, especially at the workplace.

...it was probably the best thing for her to do... she is trying to block out everything that happened with us and that's painful.

It's just SOOO hard! I can't block out my emotions and I want to respect her decision.

It's very hard when you've had a relationship with someone at work or amongst a group of friends and then it ends.

I think you could ask for help for this problem in a lot of forums on this site. I expect a lot of people on this site (and amongst your own friends) have been through this. Maybe put it in different words (not stressing the fact she was married) and you'll get a lot of input.

hello....you must be so hurt especially if you still love her, i am sorry for your pain.

its not a good idea for you to keep seeing her at work its too painful !

married men and women hey , nothing but trouble

ive been seeing a married guy for 5 months and everything on this site is telling me......walk away...finish it ...i wish it was that easy

have some time for yourself right now

ps at least i know now that guys hurt too...sorry x

• Author

Thanks Lolax! Everyone is telling you the right thing to do. If only I had listened to my friends a year ago I wouldn't feel like this now. But only you can decide for yourself. Either way I hope the best for you!

Thanks Lolax! Everyone is telling you the right thing to do. If only I had listened to my friends a year ago I wouldn't feel like this now. But only you can decide for yourself. Either way I hope the best for you!

thanx phily

lifes a bitch hey!

hope you feel better soon, time heals

hope you learn to love again x:laugh: