losing friend over her husband. Please help.

butterfly29

Hello,

I have a situation here and I need some advice. I have this really good friend and we go back to college days. I really like her but it's hard for me to stay friends with her. The problem is her husband.

The guy is a scum, crackhead loser who used to cheat on her and was verbally abusive to her. And after all the crap he's given her, she never had the guts to leave him. I know it's her problem, not mine but it went too far. She would pull herself away from all her friends, including me and whenever she'd reapear all I heard from her is complaining about her husband. Last time I saw them both together, just after I was almost convinced that he was getting better and even mentioned it to her, the bastard got really drunk and made a pass on me while she was just standing around the corner. I never told her what happened and I really don't know if I should. I do love her and I don't want to lose her as a friend. But I feel like if I say something, she'll be mad at me, start a big fight with him but won't break it off with him anyways, just because she didn't before and not only her, but both of them will hate me and I will never see her again. On the contrary, if I don't say anything, I will slowly disintegrate and lose her friendship anyways. That's the path we seem to be going now. She called me a couple of times recently and we planned to go out but I can't go anywhere with her if he is there too. I don't feel comfortable. By far, I've managed to come up with lame excuses as to why I can't go, but she's not stupid and she'll eventually figure out that something's wrong.

mopar crazy

UGH! What a jerk!!! I wouldn't say anything about him hitting on you, it may cause more problems. Don't let your friendship go b/c her H is a jerk. You seem like you really care and she needs a friend like you right now. Try to find out b4 you tell her no if her H is going to be there. If he makes you uncomfortable I wouldn't go.

When I was in HS my BF got M. I was her maid-of-honor. At the reception she had me sit next to her new H. The stupid jerk hit on me! I felt sick he would do this to my BF on her wedding day! I never did tell her about it, it would of hurt her so bad. I just ignored him. I got out of there ASAP. I felt bad for leaving early but the guy gave me the creeps. I should of stayed and avoided him but it made me sick b/c he kept looking at me.

I hope things work out for you and your friend. It's too bad she is still M to someone who treats her like this.