Work Place Affairs

portableversion

i don't put blanket judgments on affairs....except for ONE

The WORKPLACE AFFAIR!!!

if there ever is a time to call someone a stupid f*cking idiot, this is the time.

Why would you people jeopardize your livelihood for some sex and 'love?'

i go to this thread, and its all the same "i slept with my boss" "i slept with my married co-worker"...and now it's unbearable"

The sex and 'emotional' connection CANNOT be that wonderful to justify this RISKY behavior. And RISKY it is.

The phrase "don't s*** in your own nest" is applicable.

Originally posted by portableversion

The phrase "don't s*** in your own nest" is applicable.

Haha, I love that expression.

I hear you all the way, but I do have to admit it's tempting. Still, I've been able to resist, even if I think about it from time to time. Some of these girls are totally hot, too, and I can't help but undress them with my eyes, but as long as I keep my mouth shut, I'm okay.

Right now I'm feeling a lot of sexual tension with this new girl from an adjacent department. We exchange glances from time to time, or I'll catch her looking at me and vise-versa. I still don't know her name, marital status, nationality, etc., and I really don't want to. I would like to know if she'll do me, but every guy wants to know that. Regardless, I'm keeping my distance.

She's not the only this happens with...

A Fly onThe Wall
Originally posted by westernxer

I still don't know her name, marital status, nationality, etc., and I really don't want to. I would like to know if she'll do me, but every guy wants to know that.

W,

If you don't really work hands on with her would you still consider it such a taboo ? Some places are so large and have so many employees that it doesn't matter if 2 people got together

StillHurtin

I agree! Getting your honey where you make your money is very risky. My H had an A w/ a co-worker. He was her supervisor and yes, she knew he was M and had children. She even tried to be friends w/ me. I couldn't go see H at work w/o her running after me to talk. During our separation the A started but there was an EA going on for awhile b4 that. After he broke it off w/ the OW she continued to flirt w/ him, talk about sex, blah, blah, blah. He finally put a stop to it. A few months later she turned him in and got him fired. He lost his job he loved w/ good pay, great benefits, and went to work whenever he wanted as long as he put in his time. For some fun and sex he lost all that. It's not worth having workplace A's.

I was also dated a co-worker when I was in college and he broke it off. It was he!! working with him. I tried getting on w/ my life and it was extremely hard seeing him at work all the time. I finally quit (but not b/c of him) for another job and it was much easier on me to be away from him. I woulnd't recommend dating in the workplace, especially if the OP is M.

Originally posted by A Fly onThe Wall

W,

If you don't really work hands on with her would you still consider it such a taboo ? Some places are so large and have so many employees that it doesn't matter if 2 people got together

Gee, I don't know...

I guess anything's possible if you really feel strongly about someone, but I'm not at that point yet, and I don't plan to be anytime soon. I don't really like this place too much, and I don't want to make it any worse than it already is. A soured romance would certainly do the trick, plus I see these girls all the time, so it's better to enjoy the tension for what it is, that way I won't have to walk on egg shells down the line.

My other job is better... fewer chicks, lesser pay, but much more comfortable overall. Newspapers are like that. If I had to, I'd hook up with someone over there, not here in this corporate wasteland.

By the way, I meant to say vice-versa, not vise-versa, even though it feels like I'm being squeezed by a vise right now. Guess it's just too quiet in here.

• 4 weeks later...
Marshbear32

I know people who have gotten together where I work. Sometimes it works but I think you need to tread carefully in this area because you two can be very uncomfortable if things go sour. I think it depends upon the maturity of both parties involved.

If you can't live without them then I would go for it but otherwise keep it a work place relationship.

whichwayisup
Originally posted by westernxer

I hear you all the way, but I do have to admit it's tempting. Still, I've been able to resist, even if I think about it from time to time. Some of these girls are totally hot, too, and I can't help but undress them with my eyes, but as long as I keep my mouth shut, I'm okay.

Right now I'm feeling a lot of sexual tension with this new girl from an adjacent department. We exchange glances from time to time, or I'll catch her looking at me and vise-versa. I still don't know her name, marital status, nationality, etc., and I really don't want to. I would like to know if she'll do me, but every guy wants to know that. Regardless, I'm keeping my distance.

She's not the only this happens with...

See, that is the healthy way of dealing with it. Look, think but do not act upon. That is the norm.

Where I used to work there were SO many office affairs - Funny thing - They weren't shy at all about it!! Everybody knew wtf was going on too. Unbelievable.

It's OK to date people you work with IF you're single and can put up with the gossip factor and/or if there's a breakup...but being with somebody who is married is just plain stupid - I agree!

My advice is to never mix business with pleasure. It often ends really ugly. I've experienced it firsthand and have had friends that have gone through it as well. Just not the thing to do, IMO.

For all those who desperately lust for that co-worker though would rather avoid the discomfort of having to work with them after laying them. Get headhunted by a better company on the friday, then proposition that person on the very same day (be very direct about what you want), and then quit on the Monday. All true, a lovely mix of cooincidence and fate, could not believe my luck!

For all those who desperately lust for that married co-worker though would rather avoid the discomfort of having to work with them after laying them. Get headhunted by a better company on the friday, then proposition that person on the very same day (be very direct about what you want), and then quit on the Monday. All true, a lovely mix of cooincidence and fate, could not believe my luck!

Originally posted by MadameB

For all those who desperately lust for that married co-worker though would rather avoid the discomfort of having to work with them after laying them. Get headhunted by a better company on the friday, then proposition that person on the very same day (be very direct about what you want), and then quit on the Monday. All true, a lovely mix of cooincidence and fate, could not believe my luck!

You actually did this? Wow!

The co-worker attraction had been sizzling for a while on both sides, I posted that a few months back as at the time I was utterly confused regarding the situ, though I was quite hesitant to take the next step (we had completely cooled it back to a half functioning "professional" relationship before it "developed"), fate kind of stepped in and helped things along and it was merely for one night, you only live once... and I did not regret it ... it wasnt as good as I thought it would have been though, no, we were never "meant" to be together and I am happy that at least now I have that certainty !

With more than 90% of affairs starting in the work place there are too many not so smart people out there. Just think how much more productive the world would be with less flirtation going on at the work place! Wouldn't that be money well spent for large corporations? Instead of team building seminars etc...they should be gving classes on preventing work place affairs, then productivity would really go up!