I'm in love with somone I shouldn't be

I'm in love with my boyfriends Dad, i know this is wrong. Nothing has happened between us. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Anyone who can offer me any help? or who has been through something similiar?

I always find it funny how quickly and easily so many people fall in "love".

How old are you? What exactly is it about your bf's dad that you are in "love" with?

Don't confuse infatuation and lust with love.

• Author

I'm 20. I've been with my boyfriend for 3 and a half years so ive known him a long time. My feelings started for him before christmas last year.

I don't know really there is just something about him, and I am really attracted to him.

??

Winnie

Okay, so 3 1/2 years. Are you sure it isn't being comfortable having known him that long. Perhaps it is little more than caring about someone who has been a part of your life for a long time.

LucreziaBorgia

Why are you still with your boyfriend? Are you using him to be near his father? Does his father know how you feel? If you have not told him, then you still have a chance to walk away with a minimum of damage to all parties involved.

Perhaps you should cut your boyfriend loose. You are hurting him far worse in the long run by staying with him when you are in love with someone else. Put the very last shreds of respect and love you have left for him to good use and let him go so that he will be able to find a chance for love and happiness elsewhere. Don't doom him to a life of "happiness" as your backup plan and security blanket. I can't think of anything more horrifying than the idea of being with someone who secretly wishes that they were with someone else (particularly if its someone close). It is grossly unfair to your boyfriend for you to keep him when you don't really want him, and in fact want his father.

If you break up with your boyfriend, he will not be happy about it. As good as honesty is, in a case like this it will do no good to be honest with him about how you feel about his father - you have no idea on how many levels that will affect him.

Do not 'go for' his father. There is a zero chance of anything good coming of it, and a 100% chance that you will f*ck things up for yourself and for that family on so many levels.

• Author

I really do love my boyfriend and deep down it is him I want to spend my life with him.

Maybe its not love I feel for his Dad, I think I just lust after him. I am really attracted to him. Maybe its the excitement i don't know. I've never said anything to him about it but sometimes I think he knows because of how we look at each other. I sometimes get the feeling he likes me and feels awkward.

I really don't want to hurt anyone, thats not my intention, I cant help the way i feel. I do love my boyfriend, I just have strong feelings towards his Dad (which I know are wrong).

I am confused tho because deep down I cant really imagine anything happening even though I would like to just see what could happen, but at the same time as wanting this to happen; i dont want to hurt my boyfriend as I do love him and feel awful for feeling this but I cant help it. Its confusing me so much.

please just come here and vent,

do not do anything,

think

have u ever watched jerry springer ??

its his FATHER

u will hurt this boy/man so much

that is way too close to ur boyfriends home life

goodluck

that kinda creeps me out...I guess since my bf's fathers have always been so unattractive. Is this man married to the bfs mother???

Does he ever come onto you?

VirginiaBob

I have some good advice. Tell both the father and the bf that you are interested in a 3-some with them. Don't worry, guys like this kind of stuff so it will be cool for them. You never know until you ask them.

• Author

I know it does. It took me 3 years to feel this way, and I dont think I really thought of him in this way until 7 months ago.

No he never has, its just the way we look at each other, its like he feels the same. I cant describe it but you know when theres an attraction between two people the way you look at each other. Its like that.

I know its wrong, but when theres something between two people, what can u do?!

I know its wrong, but when theres something between two people, what can u do?

u can leave it alone ,

u can not go over ur boyfriends house so much when u know his dad is there,

u can break up wh ur boyfriend &forget them both

u can look at this in a adult way & know it wouldnt be right

even if ur feelings are real ,

do u know how many times u will fall in love ??

there is not just one man for us our whole life

if we dont end up wh that one Never again will we fall in love ??

no its not like that at all

• Author

I know your right, it knocked some sense into me now i've come on here to talk about it.

Do u reckon i want him for the excitment then?

I enjoy the chase to be honest, the flirting between us.

Well i don't know if he even likes me, (i think he does, but there are a few times when I don't think he does) but how would I know? out of interest

I swear though I have no intention of hurting my boyfriend.

Do u reckon i want him for the excitment then?

I enjoy the chase to be honest, the flirting between us.

for me,

i know its over when i start to have interest in someone else ,

are u bored wh ur boyfriend?

as for the chase do u really think hes interested ?

u are his sons girl ,

he may think of u as a kid (i hope anyway)

Maybe it is exciting 4 u ,

if something is missing in ur life look within urself ,

not someone else to fill ur voids

If u have no intention of hurting ur boyfriend ,

do nothing about these feelings& dont ever tell him!

The Dad is flirting with you?

Please consider stopping this now! That is plain disrespectful, on his part and on your part.

Its okay to have fantasies and attractions. But you have to be careful not to act on them!

Lusts and infatuations not acted upon can create longings...and you can't stop thinking about it until you go through with it.

If you really LOVE your boyfriend please do anything you can to CURB your desire for his Dad

I mean really, would you want someone you loved dearly to DO YOUR MOM?

You are young, and you have your whole life ahead of you. Don't create a bad situation that you will regret later.

Is just isn't right

There are rules you know

Just 'cuz the folks on Jerry Springer do it doesn't mean you have to

love YOURSELF enough to not go down that road

and thank your lucky stars you have the boyfriend you have

try something new and special with your boyfriend, something to look forward to, and listen to your heart

your heart won't steer you wrong

lust will.

good luck to you

if I sound like I'm being harsh and in your face please don't take it that way

I'm 38, I've experienced a lot of things, and young lady please LOVE YOURSELF FIRST.

good luck to you!

and p.s. don't take VirginiaBob's advice. 3-somes may sound like fun but in the end someone's heart always gets broken.

and men do like that, yeah, and there's nothing wrong with fantasies

it's rare that a 3 some works out you have to have 3 willing parties and you have to have trust and you have to make sure nobody's feelings get hurt.

just wanted to comment on the 3 some thing because you have to be responsible acting out those kind of fantasies

I do speak from experience

focus on your HEART first

RecordProducer
Originally posted by VirginiaBob

I have some good advice. Tell both the father and the bf that you are interested in a 3-some with them. Don't worry, guys like this kind of stuff so it will be cool for them. You never know until you ask them.

Why not include the mother as well? And of course, the sister! :rolleyes:;):p

:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

I replied about the 3-some thing too but Record Producer's reply is better, I think and FUNNIER and gets the point across. :D

mazza32cott

I really believe that you should stop this infatuation with his father now. You will only break up a family to take it any further.

It is a feeling but one that is not hopeless. I cannot help how I feel? Yes you can!!! And you certainly DO NOT have to act on them. Control your feelings, do not spend anymore time than you HAVE to with his dad and move on.

Don't even think of his father and you anymore.

Maz

I agree with Maz, yes you can help your feelings!!!

and please consider all that are involved!!!! and don't disrespect yourself, you are certainly worth more than that!!

:bunny:

You need to be miles away from this. regardless, i dont see how you think anything could actually happen. Obviously your boyfriend will freak out, what do you expect, his dad is going to write off his entire relationship and family for a 20 year old girl?

It is the forbideness that you lust for, possibly him the same. But i can gurantee when it comes down to it, he is going to choose his own son over you.

• Author

I know what your all saying is right, i know its wrong to be feeling this. I dont suppose it makes any difference but his son is adopted. Its probably the excitement that I want, the fact I know it cant happen makes you want something more.

Justagirl2008
Originally posted by VirginiaBob

Hah hah hah hah :laugh:

Unfortunately the real culprit is likely to be the father. He is no spring chicken and is likely aware of your feelings to some degree. He can read your body language. He needs to get a hold of what he is doing. If he were a responsible dad who cared about his son, once he perceived your infatuation with him, he would make sure to sabatoge the situation. But men have ego`s and you are probably a pretty young thing. He cannot let it go. He should, for the sake of his son.

mazza32cott
Originally posted by winnie_05

I know what your all saying is right, i know its wrong to be feeling this. I dont suppose it makes any difference but his son is adopted. Its probably the excitement that I want, the fact I know it cant happen makes you want something more.

OK so you know what is being said is right. No it makes no difference whether the son is adopted or not. If it's excitement you want then look for it elsewhere.

I don't see what the problem is. You know it is wrong, you know it would break up a family. Put it out of your head. You can help your feelings so you should do something about it. Don't see him anymore than you have to and if your bf does not give you what you need then perhaps leave the family alone altogether and move on to find what you want.

Don't think about his father, it is out of the question. Seems to me you are brooding on it???

Maz