Am I the OM?

WorldInMyEyes

So I'm in a situation that I'm not sure what to make of. A former client of mine (MW) has been emailing/calling me for over a year since we've stopped working together. She initiated first contact with me after she quit. All innocuous stuff like "How are you?", "What have you been up to?", etc.

There's no reason at all for her to contact me these days, but her excuse has been that she's just "checking in". She kept asking to meet up in person and we finally did that after a year plus of chatting. We met at a restaurant and we stared into each other's eyes for two hours and barely ate. I don't remember everything we talked about, but none of it was flirty or sexual. Just friendly/casual/work stuff. She was dressed provocatively though and it turned me on. I felt intoxicated/drugged during our convo and I lost my appetite for a couple of weeks after that.

Also, the physical attraction between us is off the charts. Our personality types are the same and we're on the same level intellectually. I'm 10 years younger than her husband and objectively way more physically attractive.

Is this something like what I see here on the forum described as an "EA"? Or is it all in my head? Kind of confused.

Darren Steez
objectively way more physically attractive.

And yet you're digging on another man's woman and she has you not eating for weeks?

You know what this is and what is happening, why pretend like you're naive?

• Like 2

WorldInMyEyes I think you should probably spend some time figuring out why you are so drawn to married or otherwise unavailable women, it seems to be a pattern from what you've written. You're apparently emotionally unavailable yourself and so you can only be comfortable being involved with someone with whom there's a built-in barrier.

Just because it's offered to you on a platter doesn't mean you can't say no thank you.

Is this something like what I see here on the forum described as an "EA"? Or is it all in my head? Kind of confused.

IDK, do you consider it one? IME, the vast majority of MW's I've had personal contact with consider this stuff 'I'm married but not dead' and nothing approaching an affair. Anything they can explain away (that smell of semen on them is a bit tougher) is, well, explainable.

So, who paid for lunch? ;) That usually determines for me orbiter status versus EA. Attractive women who feel like it can put plenty of males into orbit and keep them circling. It just takes a bit of the sex smell and some crafty words and the guys (there are billions of us so always some) will keep coming back around on the outside chance that they can break up a deteriorating marriage. Sounds cruel, right? That's mating!

Fill us in on some more details of the interactions, both prior when working together and beyond what was shared. Met her H? You seem to know how 'attractive' he is. Has she told you she loves you? (Common!) Physical affection? Interest in your life? Future faking? Etc, etc.

Hey, if she's paying for lunch and looking hot, I'd keep showing up. Women are attracted to men who are with other attractive women. The single ones don't need to know she's married. You're single not dead, right? ;)

• Like 1

you went on a date and you ask if you are the om.

[]

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Topical content
So I'm in a situation that I'm not sure what to make of. A former client of mine (MW) has been emailing/calling me for over a year since we've stopped working together. She initiated first contact with me after she quit. All innocuous stuff like "How are you?", "What have you been up to?", etc.

There's no reason at all for her to contact me these days, but her excuse has been that she's just "checking in". She kept asking to meet up in person and we finally did that after a year plus of chatting. We met at a restaurant and we stared into each other's eyes for two hours and barely ate. I don't remember everything we talked about, but none of it was flirty or sexual. Just friendly/casual/work stuff. She was dressed provocatively though and it turned me on. I felt intoxicated/drugged during our convo and I lost my appetite for a couple of weeks after that.

Also, the physical attraction between us is off the charts. Our personality types are the same and we're on the same level intellectually. I'm 10 years younger than her husband and objectively way more physically attractive.

Nothing has actually happened here apart from in your own mind.

• Like 2
  • Author
WorldInMyEyes
Nothing has actually happened here apart from in your own mind.

Thanks, that's kind of what I've been thinking. I'll just leave it alone and move on.