LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > The Other Man / Woman

xOW - an update I guess

The Other Man / Woman The other side of the story: Support and discussion for those who find themselves involved with a committed partner.

Like Tree158Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th December 2017, 2:34 PM   #91
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity55 View Post
I do want to leave it behind now - I just don't like to feel that I meant nothing or was a bit of fun. It hasn't been fun for either of us.

He has messaged me again just now..."Merry Xmas Eve. I wish I could see you today and spend time with you. This year has been special, looking forward to next year too".

I know some posters will 'tell me off' for quoting him AGAIN but I wonder if this is a genuine "let's just be friends / do right thing message" or because he's not heard from me for 48 hours. I want to believe he's a Jenkins and is now doing the right thing / trying to be cordial.

I know it doesn't matter. I know he's a contradiction and bottom line is this: (a) he's never going to leave because his wife is his family; and (b) I wouldn't want him anyway given he'd do same to me.

I just wanted to share the update.
Jenkins does not contact his AP. You can't be friends. you don't have that kind of strength.

Quote:
he's been with his W for 12 years and married for 18 months.
Was he married when you began your affair?
Old 27th December 2017, 8:53 PM   #92
Established Member

Why haven't you tried to REALLY go NC? I know it hurts but it helps end an affair and gives you your power back then you can rebuild your strength again. It will not happen if he is contacting you daily
Old 27th December 2017, 9:24 PM   #93
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydesigner View Post
Why haven't you tried to REALLY go NC? I know it hurts but it helps end an affair and gives you your power back then you can rebuild your strength again. It will not happen if he is contacting you daily
YOu are so right Lady.

NC includes all social media, emails, phone numbers. The door must be firmly shut so you cannot see him or hear from him.

I think an A is much like fire. If it has no fuel, it will eventually go out. You will eventually change your thinking patterns and begin to heal.

Poppy