LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > The Other Man / Woman

My EA has transitioned to PA plus I've asked for divorce

The Other Man / Woman The other side of the story: Support and discussion for those who find themselves involved with a committed partner.

Like Tree495Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th December 2017, 11:55 PM   #451
S2B
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteandfog View Post
Ok we're both terrible people. I have to live with that. My Stbxh gave me his blessing today, he says now that I've explained it all, it makes sense to.him.
Gave his blessing for what?

Did you tell him about your affair?
S2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 2:03 AM   #452
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2B View Post
Gave his blessing for what?

Did you tell him about your affair?
Yes I did, every single detail. He think I might have shot at happiness but it won't be easy, so we won't make it difficult for me
niteandfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 8:09 AM   #453
Established Member

Quote:
Ok we're both terrible people. I have to live with that. My Stbxh gave me his blessing today, he says now that I've explained it all, it makes sense to.him.
you just don't get it.

The ones who have to live with the consequences of your choices really aren't you, because, quite frankly, I really don't think you care at all. You pay lip service, but there is nothing behind the words.
Old 11th December 2017, 8:47 AM   #454
Established Member

Quote:
Yes I did, every single detail. He think I might have shot at happiness but it won't be easy, so we won't make it difficult for me
Sounds like he is as done with the marriage as you are.
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 9:26 AM   #455
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine567 View Post
Sounds like he is as done with the marriage as you are.
We are, which over all is a good feeling.
Old 11th December 2017, 9:49 AM   #456
Established Member

Alot of people it seems need to live out the consequences of an affair before any real understanding kicks in.

I know now this was the case for me. Reading this board more likely is a good resource for people who have stopped their affairs and are continuing to learn about their own actions and thoughts.

I think once you are hooked into this particular addition the only way out is going through to the bitter realization. It was for me anyways!
Maddieandtae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 10:01 AM   #457
Established Member

Quote:
You know, this is the third time in this thread that you've said you've told your husband "EVERYTHING" it's becoming less believable by the post.
DKT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 10:07 AM   #458
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKT3 View Post
You know, this is the third time in this thread that you've said you've told your husband "EVERYTHING" it's becoming less believable by the post.
He's just asked for more detail each time. Originally I just said I had an affair/ was in love with someone else, and he was satisfied with that. He had been asking that I leave my AP, but i said I couldn't so he asked what our relationship was like, so I told him. He thought the coincidences were uncanny, he saw why i would want to give it a shot, and he basically gave me his blessing.
Old 11th December 2017, 10:14 AM   #459
Established Member

Life is just really working out for you, huh?
BaileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 11:16 AM   #460
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Thread starter, if you're getting the sense that you're being made out as a 'terrible person' here, feel free to call us in for a review. We have the tools to handle such issues. I've already posted three statements in the thread and have a start point for turning those tools on and members had plenty of advance notice. I'll stop back by later to see how things are going.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 12:02 PM   #461
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Thread starter, if you're getting the sense that you're being made out as a 'terrible person' here, feel free to call us in for a review. We have the tools to handle such issues. I've already posted three statements in the thread and have a start point for turning those tools on and members had plenty of advance notice. I'll stop back by later to see how things are going.
Thanks! I mean yeah I'm used to all this backlash. I know everybody thinks their story is unique... And I guess we all have the right to think that way, until proven wrong.
Old 4th January 2018, 11:49 PM   #462
Established Member

Whatever happened to niteandfog?
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2018, 2:00 PM   #463
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
Whatever happened to niteandfog?

A lot of people asked that in the 1930's.....
Space Ritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2018, 10:49 PM   #464
Established Member

Well there wasn't much to report til now. I'm finally moving out on Monday. AP has finally asked for divorce tonight, but she wants to go to couples therapy, and he accepted so they can part ways in peace.

And that's pretty much it. There were a few messy situations between STBXH (please if anybody reads this move out, even if you have to live under a bridge that's a better option!)

So my new life starts on Monday
Old 18th January 2018, 11:14 PM   #465
Established Member

Thanks for the update .

Are you believe that the couples therapy is so they can "part in peace?" Why do you believe this man?
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote