Why can't he look me in the eyes?

A few years ago I got involved with a friends brother.

We had been friends for years.

Told me he loved me but at the same time found out he was going to be a dad.

Anyway long story short erased me from his life coldly but still kept bringing me up to his sister when drunk how he loves me etc.

Saturday I was out with my boyfriend,we were holding hands and kissing and out of a shop walks this guy and his son and partner and her daughter.

We catch each other's eye (he was a few steps away) then we both look away,he walks past me with his eyes to the floor.

After all the years of being friends now we can't even say hello.

He always said he would hate when I met someone.

Do you think it bothered him?

Darren Steez

If he's such a douche why does it matter what he thinks?

Everything else is speculation as no one knows this dude other than how you describe him.

You were with your boyfriend, him with his partner, you didn't bound up to him to say hello and vice versa.

It is what it was...awkward.

• Like 1
RecentChange

You expected him to say hello?!

In front of your boyfriend.

In front of his girlfriend which it sounds like he was cheating on with you....

Personally I would expect eyes to the floor. Saying hello would be disrespectful of your boyfriend and his girlfriend.

You two stopped being friends when you started having sex together.

• Like 5

You give this guy way to much head space. That indicates you aren't over him. If you were you wouldn't give a damn.

Enjoy your new man and stop trying to figure the other one out.

• Like 1

And why should be look you in the eyes anyway?

It's something he wished never happened and feels embarrassed probably.

It's not a place he wants to go back to. I used to do the sane when I saw some Exes I wished I was never with for one reason or another... or the simple fact that I'd been intimate with them was enough to make me not want to look them in the eye.

• Like 2
FoundMyStrength

Honestly, I think if I ran into my xMM and his wife, I wouldn't be able to look either of them in the eyes. I feel pretty ashamed of what I did and said during that time. Seeing him (and especially her) would remind me of a time when I chose to act like a pretty terrible human being.

Maybe that's what he was feeling.

• Like 2
healing light

Eh. I think if he still gets drunk and professes his love for you that looking down could have been the only thing he thought to do in that moment. I am not convinced he does or doesn't have feelings still. There's no real way to know.

denwickdroylsden

I once randomly ran into a former AP at a shopping center. We saw each other, both looked down, went on our way. That's how it's supposed to work, when you are done with each other. Maybe you're not??

D.D.

He probably didn't look you in the eyes because he doesn't want you to get the wrong idea and start all of this mess up again in his life. He wants to let sleeping dogs lay.

• Like 3