Love languages during an affair

Just thinking about this. My equal top love languages are quality time and touch; in fact the others barely score at all. MM's is quality time (followed by touch and then words of affirmation).

Since early 2014 we've been long distance. While we still spend at least an hour or two a day together via phone and/or Skype, we only spend one or two nights a fortnight together in person. And since we've both moved career-wise, we no longer have as many coincident work trips. I get enough of MM's time.. but not enough touch.

This didn't really hit home until I recently started taking other lovers. Just the hugest relief and I'm so much more relaxed! Like having a thirst quenched.

Got me to wondering about you other OW/M out there. How does your love language play out in your A? Is it spoken? If it is, is it spoken enough? Can it be in an A?

• Like 1
Just thinking about this. My equal top love languages are quality time and touch; in fact the others barely score at all. MM's is quality time (followed by touch and then words of affirmation).

Since early 2014 we've been long distance. While we still spend at least an hour or two a day together via phone and/or Skype, we only spend one or two nights a fortnight together in person. And since we've both moved career-wise, we no longer have as many coincident work trips. I get enough of MM's time.. but not enough touch.

This didn't really hit home until I recently started taking other lovers. Just the hugest relief and I'm so much more relaxed! Like having a thirst quenched.

Got me to wondering about you other OW/M out there. How does your love language play out in your A? Is it spoken? If it is, is it spoken enough? Can it be in an A?

Hi SolG

I'm not sure how you define love language. Is this from a book or is there a list of language types?

thanks

• Author
Hi SolG

I'm not sure how you define love language. Is this from a book or is there a list of language types?

thanks

Sorry NL. I should have been clearer. I'm referring to Chapman's Five Love Languages. It's an easy Google to find out more.

• Like 1

I've often wondered what my MM's love language is! I'm not even sure he has heard of the book.

Mine is words of affirmation, followed by touch and quality time. We don't get much "real" quality time but I enjoy what time we do get.

Like you, quality time and touch are my top two, they have equal ranks, then I think gift giving and then I forget where the rest fall.

This made the A quite difficult for me. Not only were we long distance, but even if we weren't, I wasn't able to have the amount of quality time I would have had had he been single.