Hi. Ok long story short. About 4 yrs ago my H had an EA with my long lost niece. We stopped all contact with her and have somewhat reconciled. Haven't spoken to niece since.

So here is the dilemma. Last night was creeping her facebook page and must have unknowingly sent friend request. This morning I wake up and she has accepted!! OOPSSSS

Unsure how to proceed now. Don't know what I want to do. I still have REALLY bad feelings for her....but she is my niece and is apparently very Fked up. I would NEVER bring her around again but do I leave it or message her and tell her it was an accident and I don't want to be her friend. Lmao. I have to laugh. I'm such a dumbass. Lol

Any input would be great

TaraMaiden2

...Unknowingly....? :confused:

How do you 'unknowingly' send a 'Friend' request on FB...? Genuinely, I'm asking!

• Like 2
...Unknowingly....? :confused:

How do you 'unknowingly' send a 'Friend' request on FB...? Genuinely, I'm asking!

Not only that, you can delete the request before they accept.

Just delete and block. You don't need that garbage in your life.

• Like 1
  • Author

It was late and on the iPhone swiping. When I closed it I must have swiped the request. It was late and I guess I wasn't paying attention. ****.

I sometimes use my phone in bed as I'm going to sleep, and I occasionally drift off to sleep in this situation and the phone falls out of my hands or falls on my face if I'm on my back. Anyway, I had navigated to some friend-of-a-friend's FB page when this happened once, and the next morning, they had accepted my friend request! ( What friend request??? ;) ) I must have hit the request button as I dropped my phone, or it hit me in the face and my nose hit the button or something, because I sure didn't do it consciously!

Oh yeah, and one time, I ordered an Amazon book (into the Kindle app) in my sleep. It was something that had been recommended, and I was browsing as I went to sleep. Next morning, there it was, in my Kindle library!

• Like 5
It was late and on the iPhone swiping. When I closed it I must have swiped the request. It was late and I guess I wasn't paying attention. ****.

I can agree. Happened to me twice. Once was just a friend of a friend. The other was a romantic interest of an ex.

Awkward! Thankfully I noticed I had done the invite and unlicked the friend button... Hopefully before he noticed.

• Like 1
TaraMaiden2

Oh, I see.... that figures....

Thanks!

IfWishesWereHorses

Or you start clicking when the pages isn't fully loaded then it jumps and you hit the wrong thing! Unfriend her. I know several people who have complained of people who they don't know or didn't friend! Let her assume it's a glitch.

I feel you.

Last year I was peeping on my MM'S middle, twenty year old son's fb page, because he had posted some family photos, including those of MM'S wife, and i was morbidly curious. All of a sudden FB told me, "friend request sent."

I literally almost had a panic attack for a couple of minutes.

Then I realized you could delete the request.

No good would have come out of that. I still think of those two minutes of horror and shudder.

Fb is crap.