Girlfriend won't leave inmate ex

Hi

My girlfriend of 5 years broke up with me and she starts seeing a drug trafficker. She date it him for like a year and half and then she and her two daughter move in to a new apartment with him. He was arrested three months after that and she has being helping him and visiting him ever since.

I contact her about 8 months ago and we both decided that we should give it another try since I realized that I wasn’t a good boyfriend to her in the five years we were together. I leave my country to be with her since she said that she was going to leave her in 15 days after I came.

I have being with her for 6 months and she doesn’t leave him, she has change her reasons as to why she can’t do it. She said that she is using his car and I pay the down payment to a new car that she has.

We have had many fights over this, and she claims that she’s only helping him because he help her, and that she has no heart to leave him since he doesn’t have anyone. She talks to him over the phone and visits him in jail every 15 days. She also says that he doesn’t help her financially anymore and that he knows about us and that she doesn’t respond in any romantic way to him

Can someone please tell me what you think about this, since I’m clearly not seeing all this with an objective mind.

Sounds like an episode of C*O*P*S or Springer. Do you really want to be a part of all that dysfunction? Run run away. Do it now!! :p

• Like 1
Jessie1231

Why do you want a girlfriend who depends on you and inmates to support her? I'm assuming she's a grown up. She needs to take care of herself.

That aside, why would you want to be involved with someone who can't let go of an ex boyfriend? Regardless of whether he's in prison, she won't let go of her ex when she knows it bothers you. That's not ok.

She was with a drug trafficker Whois now in jail and she had her two daughters around this guy?? That's disgusting.

• Author

Thank you very much for your responses. This woman has destroyed mi pride and self-steam and I know now that I should have never being involve in this. The fact that I am alone in this country and I don’t know anyone has made more difficult for me to end things. I will end with this relationship and hope to be strong to not fall for her again.

GirlStillStrong

Moving to a different country to be with someone is generally not a good idea, as you seem to have learned. You have left all of your support, your friends, your family, and all the places you know, to support another person who is neither loyal nor committed to you. I can't tell you what to do but I think you should move back home.

Anyone involved with such a person who lacks judgment such as a drug trafficker is not making wise decisions. And by associating with her so intimately, you have placed your own self at risk. It does not matter what her excuses for continuing with the drug trafficker are. What she says and what she does do not matter. What matters is the poor decisions YOU have made for yourself and your life. You know what you need to do to regain your self-esteem. You know what decisions are the healthiest choices for you. Now start making those sane, healthy, non-dysfunctional decisions for YOU.