Have you blocked your xMM on Facebook?

Well..have you? I never considered blocking my xMM after our A ended (we weren't friends on FB at any time). Instead I kept looking at his photos, missing him etc. Until one day where I came across his Ws profile and saw some pictures of them on vacation together. The pictures made me so angry and sad, and I blocked them both.

After some weeks I had cooled down and I unblocked them. I thought that if I kept looking at the vacation-pictures it would eventually stop hurting so much. It actually did, but after a while with total NC I didn't want to know what was going on in his/their life anymore. So I blocked them again. They're both blocked now and I'm feeling good about it. His and her name don't pop up anymore, when I'm searching for people with names similar to theirs. They're just gone ;) I'm really curious, but I think it's for the best this way.

I never blocked him and I was never friends with him on there. Like you, I once saw a picture of them together and it actually helped me to move on.

Well..have you? I never considered blocking my xMM after our A ended (we weren't friends on FB at any time). Instead I kept looking at his photos, missing him etc. Until one day where I came across his Ws profile and saw some pictures of them on vacation together. The pictures made me so angry and sad, and I blocked them both.

After some weeks I had cooled down and I unblocked them. I thought that if I kept looking at the vacation-pictures it would eventually stop hurting so much. It actually did, but after a while with total NC I didn't want to know what was going on in his/their life anymore. So I blocked them again. They're both blocked now and I'm feeling good about it. His and her name don't pop up anymore, when I'm searching for people with names similar to theirs. They're just gone ;) I'm really curious, but I think it's for the best this way.

You've done the right thing for yourself. Blocking prevents you from looking at their pages and being curious about their life. Not blocking makes exMM stay in your head and prevents you moving on, on all levels.

• Like 1
  • Author
Seriously. You are worrying yourself about Facebook posts? Do you not understand how fake that is?

What do you mean?

I was never friends with him. However, we used to leave each other cryptic messages on Face Book.

I haven't blocked him and neither have I looked at him. I have made myself a promise that I won't. Difficult at times but it would set me back no end.

It doesnt matter what he's doing anyway. It's nothing to do with me.

Poppy

What do you mean?

The pictures made me so angry and sad, and I blocked them both.[\b]

Many people try and present a false illusion of happiness.

eye of the storm

I blocked the heck out of my ExH. It was vital to my recovery. I even did it in a therapy session with my doc cheering me on. When looking at something gives you pain, stop looking at it. So I removed the option.

My MM rarely posts anything so if we ever split I will probably just unfriend him if necessary.

Lovemesomehim

No. When I made the decision to end it (based on his lies) I knew I wanted to move forward and not stay stuck on "what if's" and "I still love him" bs.

When I search for people on fb, I type in a name, and that's what pops up, not him nor his wife. Never had the interest to harp on the past...