MM Acting Differently

A friend of mine has been hanging around a married guy occasionally--just as friends. He started the friendship and flirts a little with her. They did kiss once (just a peck) and that was all.

He's not happily married and hasn't been in a few years but is not planning on cheating. He's never been involved with someone else and she's never been involved with someone married.

Their flirtation was just friendly---nothing serious. This past week she said he seems more distant all of a sudden. She's not sure why. She doesn't want to lose him as a friend. It's possible he was just having a bad day but she wonders what happened. I told her I would write about it here and see what people think.

Did maybe his marriage suddenly get better so he feels they shouldn't be friends?

littleflowerpot

maybe he was feeling guilty? even if nothing really serious happened, he might have wished they had. even people very much in love can be attracted to someone else and fantasize about sex with someone other than their partner. sometimes that can lead to feelings of guilt even when nothing really happened.

• Author

That's a good point. She had told me before that after he kissed her he said he felt guilty. I wonder if that's it. Then again, he's been pretty stressed at work he says so that might be why too.

I told her I knew I'd get some good input on here.

Originally posted by liswil

A friend of mine has been hanging around a married guy occasionally--just as friends. He started the friendship and flirts a little with her. They did kiss once (just a peck) and that was all.

He's not happily married and hasn't been in a few years but is not planning on cheating. He's never been involved with someone else and she's never been involved with someone married.

Their flirtation was just friendly---nothing serious. This past week she said he seems more distant all of a sudden. She's not sure why. She doesn't want to lose him as a friend. It's possible he was just having a bad day but she wonders what happened. I told her I would write about it here and see what people think.

Did maybe his marriage suddenly get better so he feels they shouldn't be friends?

Maybe he is acting distant because he doesn't want to start an affair....

He obviously has feelings for her that are more than friendly... he has no plans on cheating right? So maybe he just wants to put some distance there so he doesn't have to tell your friend "I'm married, and this isn't right"

Taking himself out of temptation... something to be said for that.

• Author

Merin2---yeah I thought that too. I don't think he hates his wife or anyting, but he feels like they're like brother and sister---and plus he has kids and I don't think he wants to ruin that situation with them.

i can understand people doing that because when you divorce, you lose time with your kids and it's also a lot more complicated because your time with your kids is a set time.