Married Men Won't Stay Away

The MM and I were friends at work for nearly 3 years, we were very intimate (emotionally) and I cried and laughed on his shoulder many times.

We were both attracted to each other but did not pursue anything because he was married. Last summer things got intense and proposed to have an affair, which I said no. I am guilty of making out with him (which was wrong) but we never had sex.

I have tried to stay away from this man but it is difficult b/c he is the IT is always on the run helping other people. I have stopped chatting w/ MM and only disucuss business-related topics. But it is uncomfortable b/c MM gives me looks and had recently admitted privately he still lusts for me and would still want to pursue a sexual realtionship with me. He has told me that we would never leave his wife, but he wouldn't feel guilty about having a sexual relationship.

I feel very uncomfortable at work and stopped socailizing b/c I think people suspect I had an affair with the IT guy. I am seriously considersing leaving my current job, but I feel I shouldn't b/c I have worked hard to get into the position that I am now. But at the same time I do not my reputation damaged over this.

I don't know what to do. I am a christian and know that it is fundamentally wrong to due this and do not wish to pursue a sexual relationship with this man. I also want to be married one day and do not want my husband to lust after the office intern.

I said to him that its wrong. That he should get over this, but he says that I give him that what his wife doesn't.

How can you love someone and lust after another?

I am very confused. I thought once I said no that it would be the end of the story. I ended our friendship b/c of the danger of the situation but he still pursues.

What do I do? :(

It is very easy to love someone and lust another one. Lust is purely physical. It's part of your instinct. You can't really blame him. He just can't control himself. He has probably done this many times, if not currently with other women. You are smart not to pursue this. You would regret it SO much, and you know that. Especially since you are a Christian. Just keep things professional and if you start to feel uncomfortable with the way he talks, let him know. If he keeps it up, go to human resources, etc. You know the drill...

Chris