I've gained 12 pounds and felt indifference!

So, the first part isn't so good. Since I've been recovering from the collapse of my relationship with exMM starting in March, I've strapped on the feed bag and packed on a whopping 12 pounds. None of my pants fit.

BUT!! The exMM emailed AGAIN today, a long, lovey bullsh*tty email about how I am the love of his life and he will never move on. That he will come and find me once he extricates himself from his "terrible" place in life. FYI, I've come to figure out his "terrible" place is living in a very nice home with a smart, attractive woman who happens to be his WIFE and their cute son. Whatever. I read the email, deleted it and felt the MOST WONDERFUL FEELING...INDIFFERENCE!!!!

As you may recall, I've struggled with strict NC...I've instead been weaning myself off of him, doing a lot of IC and reading about this stuff. Today I read his email and instead of having sadness or glee, I just thought.."yeah, right."

I know this is just a start, and I'll still go back and forth, but I have to believe I am healing.

Now if I could lay off the carbs...

• Like 15

Only youself can save youself.

Lay out what you want, then just do it, and stick with it!

I lost 20lb by doing some light exercise daily. From size 6 to size 0/2.

I love chips, icecream..etc, but I have not eaten a single chip from year 2007!. Why, willpower!

I only ate chocolate or icecream once every two months. I love chicken wings, but only eat once every 6 months.

If you don't care about yourself, who give $$%^, correct? And when you have willpower, you can conquer everything.

So, the first part isn't so good. Since I've been recovering from the collapse of my relationship with exMM starting in March, I've strapped on the feed bag and packed on a whopping 12 pounds. None of my pants fit.

BUT!! The exMM emailed AGAIN today, a long, lovey bullsh*tty email about how I am the love of his life and he will never move on. That he will come and find me once he extricates himself from his "terrible" place in life. FYI, I've come to figure out his "terrible" place is living in a very nice home with a smart, attractive woman who happens to be his WIFE and their cute son. Whatever. I read the email, deleted it and felt the MOST WONDERFUL FEELING...INDIFFERENCE!!!!

As you may recall, I've struggled with strict NC...I've instead been weaning myself off of him, doing a lot of IC and reading about this stuff. Today I read his email and instead of having sadness or glee, I just thought.."yeah, right."

I know this is just a start, and I'll still go back and forth, but I have to believe I am healing.

As for me, gaining weight is worst thing a female can happen on herself.

That means she does not care about herself.

Guess for guys, the same.

Yeah, well I was mostly kidding about the weight gain stuff. Sarcasm.
  • Author
As for me, gaining weight is worst thing a female can happen on herself.

That means she does not care about herself.

Guess for guys, the same.

There are far worse things in life than packing on 12 pounds. The point is...I'm recovering from having my heartbroken after participating in an affair. Didn't mean this to be a diet thread. But, what the heck...anyone have any good low fat recipes?

• Like 6
latergater

I love chips, icecream..etc, but I have not eaten a single chip from year 2007!. Why, willpower!

I only ate chocolate or icecream once every two months. I love chicken wings, but only eat once every 6 months.

If you don't care about yourself, who give $$%^, correct? And when you have willpower, you can conquer everything.

A size 0? C'mon. I want you to eat a big mac. Who the hell is a size zero these days? Yes, I am kidding .. and JEALOUS! :)

I bet those are twelve beautiful pounds! Good for you! Your inner health is much more important than what you look like. One step at a time and when you are strong inside, you can take off the weight if you so desire.

Nowdays, can you believe some brands' size 0 is bigger than size 2 or size 4...

There has no honesty at all in the world, business manipulates people, people manipulates people. Even data, result can not be trusted, don't know whatelse can be trusted.:(:(:(

A size 0? C'mon. I want you to eat a big mac. Who the hell is a size zero these days? Yes, I am kidding .. and JEALOUS! :)

One thing helps (me) is that - do not eat dinner, you can have any soups, just no formal dinner.

There are far worse things in life than packing on 12 pounds. The point is...I'm recovering from having my heartbroken after participating in an affair. Didn't mean this to be a diet thread. But, what the heck...anyone have any good low fat recipes?[/QUOTE]
thefooloftheyear

12 lbs vs, Indifference....hell thats a deal ANYONE would make..

Just limit simple carb intake and watch your food "combinations"..I am well versed in these areas, but Id spare you the dull details..Just dont starve yourself like everyone else does..That DOESN"T work!!

I am glad you are putting it behind you..Eff the weight..They'll be a time to deal with that later when your head is fully clear. Keep healing, thats what is most important. Id do just about anything at this point for indifference..I am close, but not there yet,

TFY

• Like 3

Great soup. If sticking with the soup, I am sure the weight will come off.

I'll put up a recipe:

Lentil & Veggie Soup

Onion

Zucchini, grated

Carrot, grated

Can of tomatoes

Couple of spoons of tomato paste

Can of lentils, drained & rinsed

Garlic

Some chilli

1 litre veggie stock

A little salt & pepper

Bay leaves

Chuck it all in the pot, simmer for 15-20 mins. Yummo! Freezes really well too.

I'm down almost 25lbs in the last three months. Well...I take that back. Make that roughly 225lbs...the first 200lbs of ass disappeared instantly! :laugh:

I've found that sitting in bars and restaurants making googly eyes at someone else husband is hell on the waistline...I now spend that time at the gym where I've taken up boxing. Not the girlie kind...I'm beating the sh*t out of that heavy bag with the big boys and it's fantastic!! If you have any aggression...I strongly encourage it.

Edited by who_am_i
  • Like 5

erm... you might be concentrating on the wrong half of the post, mount.

OP, good to hear you're one step further in healing and getting away from a toxic situation! who cares about a few pounds - we all deal with stress differently. as long as you're healthy, doesn't matter :)

• Like 1

My perspective is that OP is having willpower to do NC, she will have willpower to easily get ~10lb off very soon too. Persistence is the key to SUCCESS of everything.

erm... you might be concentrating on the wrong half of the post, mount.

OP, good to hear you're one step further in healing and getting away from a toxic situation! who cares about a few pounds - we all deal with stress differently. as long as you're healthy, doesn't matter :)

DelusionalOne
I'm down almost 25lbs in the last three months. Well...I take that back. Make that roughly 225lbs...the first 200lbs of ass disappeared instantly! :laugh:

I've found that sitting in bars and restaurants making googly eyes at someone else husband is hell on the waistline...I now spend that time at the gym where I've taken up boxing. Not the girlie kind...I'm beating the sh*t out of that heavy bag with the big boys and it's fantastic!! If you have any aggression...I strongly encourage it.

LOL... first 200 lbs of ass... OMG I almost peed my pants!

I've lost about 5 lbs. But I've taken up yoga and kickboxing. One centers my mind and calms me... the other, I get to kick the sh*t out of a heavy bag for 40 minutes. I did take up some unhealthy eating habits, sitting alone at night...thinking. But I'm over that.

Indifference. I would love to be a resident of the Land of Indifference. I'm just so tired of feeling hurt and feeling really, really stupid.

• Like 1

I dropped from 127lbs last June down to 116lbs in 3 weeks after my ex-MM left me the first time.

Then I went down to 108lbs in December when he left me permanently.

Now thanks to a heap of junk food, I am back up to 123lbs. :)

I dropped from 127lbs last June down to 116lbs in 3 weeks after my ex-MM left me the first time.

Then I went down to 108lbs in December when he left me permanently.

Now thanks to a heap of junk food, I am back up to 123lbs. :)

hey stevie!

well, you gained lost weight back, doesn't matter which way :)

hope you're well.

• Like 1
Washingmachine1980

Don't worry about your weight right now just work on healing yourself. You can work on the weight when you feel better.

• Author
Goodbye,

I've followed your story, haven't responded much, but you can so extricate yourself from this madness. Others come and happily grovel, and live in the lies and bull. You've not done that. Hang in there sweets, don't buy into the BS that you will somehow, miraculously be the 00000.1%, who gets the prize. (?). I for one am proud of you. And really, would you want this man, who lied to you? I'm happy for you, for demanding more for yourself. Keep posting, and stay strong. :bunny:

Thanks wisernow. I feel much better now that I accepted the conclusion that MM is in love with fantasy and not action.

ComingInHot

goodbye,

Note: I've lost the SAME twenty lbs thirty times in the pat twenty years, so No worries, alright?! ;)

TIP: DON'T EAT ANYTHING AFTER 6:00pm, PERIOD.

TIP 2: DRINK A BIG GLASS OF WATER BEFORE YOU "CHEW" ANYTHING.

• Author
goodbye,

Note: I've lost the SAME twenty lbs thirty times in the pat twenty years, so No worries, alright?! ;)

TIP: DON'T EAT ANYTHING AFTER 6:00pm, PERIOD.

TIP 2: DRINK A BIG GLASS OF WATER BEFORE YOU "CHEW" ANYTHING.

Yeah. I've been having this night eating thing. I'll do ok during the day...eat reasonably. In the middle of the night I'll decide that it is a fantastic idea to have a giant snack. Not good.

I hear you and then some... I just had fettuccini alfredo for breakfast. :confused: