Married coworker.

How do you differentiate between genuine interest, and a woman merely knowing she's attractive and playing around with you?

I don't converse with this woman too often, but it's strange she almost stares at me sometimes. She once made some comment about her breasts, and I didn't know how to take it.

I know it's a terrible thing to get involved with a married woman, though I've done it before.

Also, I know it's probably BS, but doesn't it seem like if they smoke they're more susceptible to sleeping around?

threelaurels

It is almost impossible to differentiate between the two in many situations. If she's interested in you, she will go out of her way to talk to you and spend time with you. She will try to find out more about you beyond the workplace context and the usual conversation pieces. She might also frequently touch you (gentle pat on arm, hugging you, etc), but some people are just naturally touchy-feely so you can't read too much into this unless you're the only one she does it to.

Have you thought about the consequences of pursuing her? Does your company's HR allow coworkers to date or fraternize? Would your company fire one or both of you for having an affair if they found out?

Even if she's attracted to you, it doesn't mean that she is willing to cheat on her husband. Additionally, flirting and asking her out can be construed as sexual harrassment in workplace contexts if she complains about it. Most companies would rather fire you than hear your side of the story and risk a lawsuit.

• Like 1

I am a MW who just ended an affair with a MM coworker. I don't know your exact situation, but more than likely nothing good will come of this. Luckily I don't work with mine anymore, but if I did, I would be in absolute hell right now. If and when this ends badly or becomes complicated, it could affect both your jobs.

Your last paragraph made me chuckle. I give you props for originality, as I've never heard that women who smoke are more "susceptible" to sleeping around. Just curious, does the same logic appy to men? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Perhaps you should alert the

surgeon general, so they can put that warning on the pack.

hahaha :lmao:

How do you differentiate between genuine interest, and a woman merely knowing she's attractive and playing around with you?

I don't converse with this woman too often, but it's strange she almost stares at me sometimes. She once made some comment about her breasts, and I didn't know how to take it.

well it could be 50/50. although i don't think women just 'play around'.

one thing's for sure, she's 100% classy if she talks about her boobs to men she works with :rolleyes:

• Like 2
whichwayisup
well it could be 50/50. although i don't think women just 'play around'.

one thing's for sure, she's 100% classy if she talks about her boobs to men she works with :rolleyes:

Many women 'play around' for an ego feed. Flirt and say stuff (aka boobs obviously some are more blunt than others) for attention but have no intention of a follow through. C.ck tease/ego tease is more like it.

Your last paragraph made me chuckle. I give you props for originality, as I've never heard that women who smoke are more "susceptible" to sleeping around. Just curious, does the same logic appy to men? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Perhaps you should alert the

surgeon general, so they can put that warning on the pack.

Lmaooooo :lmao:

• Like 1
Many women 'play around' for an ego feed. Flirt and say stuff (aka boobs obviously some are more blunt than others) for attention but have no intention of a follow through. C.ck tease/ego tease is more like it.

i understand that some women will flirt... but she sounds quite aggressive about it...

maybe it's because i'm an ice-queen at work - if someone around me acted that way in the workplace i'd definitely think she's after some action :o