Sh*T has hit the pan

I think we have been busted good and proper

I received a text today by an unknown number saying my name, then going on to say I know you have been f**king my husband, dont you dare try to contact him or come within 100ft of my house.

obviously his wife, I dont know what to do, i am awaiting my husband coming home from work I dont know if i should tell him or just flee. I dont know if she is planning on telling him or not.

• Like 1

I received a text today by an unknown number saying my name, then going on to say I know you have been f**king my husband, dont you dare try to contact him or come within 100ft of my house.

obviously his wife, I dont know what to do, i am awaiting my husband coming home from work I dont know if i should tell him or just flee. I dont know if she is planning on telling him or not.

Well, do you intend to try to stay married to your H, or not?

I've not read your backstory.

Bottom line is...if your marriage is over...then flee. If you think you want to rebuild your marriage...tell your H and figure out how to handle things from there.

Either way...the affair is likely over at this point.

• Like 4

Looks like d-day.

There is always a 5% chance it was someone else other than the wife. Maybe someone knows about your affair. It could also be your every own MM that wants to let you down easy.

And lastly, it could be your very own H. Maybe he has known for a while and was pretending.

In any event I suspected you were going to get busted sooner or later because you were too careless. I told you about getting an affair phone, remember? Many of these affairs are discovered through the cell phone.

Please stay calm and safe.

Have you heard from MM? If not he is probably defecating on his pants and cannot call you.

• Like 3

OW:

You may hear from MM after the dust settles a bit.

When your H comes home from work you may find out if the BW said anything to him.

Please stay calm. If you hear from BW again I advise you apologize to her and please be truthful. By doing the right thing you will improve your self esteem.

God Bless!

• Like 5
  • Author

Thanks Pierre

Just received a text from MM saying "stay calm, will contact soon"

No its over I wont allow this charade to continue any longer. Time to confess

• Like 6

Good call. End it. You're really going to have your hands full focusing on repairing your own marriage...which in a lot of ways is a good thing, because that can help you change your focus on 'him'.

• Like 4

Flee? OWN your choices and what you've done, don't run away from this. Of course your H will be told by her. Better him hearing it from you rather than your now EXMM's wife. Edit to add, just read that you are going to confess. that's a good thing.

I'm sure on some level it's a relief that this is all over, no more lying and sneaking around.

• Like 4
  • Author

Im shaking, panicking and crying so much I think im going to faint, its fear ! Husband wont be home for a while yet, im still deciding wether to up and flee or stay, i will tell the truth the whole of it but im a very defensive person and i am not ready for the wife. I dont know about my marriage havent i been saying for ages now i wish i was caught so i didnt need to do it myself - karma!!!!!!

Based on this opening statement in your first thread:

Where to start ! We live in a small community and have known each other (just a "hi" in the passing) but we have always been attracted to each other. Anyway he's been married for 30 years and has 3 kids, they seem the perfect couple. I am in a long term relationship (10 years) and have been unhappy for a while - i also have 2 kids! He is 48 i am 27. Thats the basics

I'd say go ahead and properly end your partnership, being transparent about the affair if that is your choice for you (not because you feel 'forced' into it) and discontinue contact with this MM who is old enough to be your father. Focus on your two children and get centered and then proceed to next steps.

• Like 1
Im shaking, panicking and crying so much I think im going to faint, its fear ! Husband wont be home for a while yet, im still deciding wether to up and flee or stay, i will tell the truth the whole of it but im a very defensive person and i am not ready for the wife. I dont know about my marriage havent i been saying for ages now i wish i was caught so i didnt need to do it myself - karma!!!!!!

It will not be as bad as expected.

Your H probably feels something has not been right for a while, but he could not imagine an affair. Just be truthful and let him know first. See if you can find the path to truthfulness. Hiding and lying will devastate your residual self esteem.

Take your time to decide if you want to stay married or not. No need to make a rush decision unless your H wants to end the marriage ASAP, but I doubt it. Your H may need months to assimilate all of this.

Don't panic, these things happen and you will be OK.

• Like 2

Just remember that no matter what happens, you will get through it. Think to a year from now. This will be in the past, no matter what your life looks like then.

Stay focused on that which is in your control, and do not give others power to make your choices for you. This means being honest to your DH, so that your MM's wife has no power in your life.

• Like 1
Good call. End it. You're really going to have your hands full focusing on repairing your own marriage...which in a lot of ways is a good thing, because that can help you change your focus on 'him'.

Actually bird brain (:)), I don't see where OP stated which way she was going - to either file for D or reconcile.

Just that she was going to confess.

So OP....are you looking to R with your H or file for D?

Thanks Pierre

Just received a text from MM saying "stay calm, will contact soon"

No its over I wont allow this charade to continue any longer. Time to confess

To clear up my response, oh "initially-challenged-one"! :) :) :)

She noted she was going to confess...which in context to my previous response caused me to believe she was also considering reconciliation.

Although it's (REMOTELY!!!) possible that I could have been mistaken. :)

Fallen Petals

So sorry :( Just breathe and think of where you want to be in a year, make that plan and work backwards from there. Everyone wants to skip over it all and just land there...but you have to know where there is to know where to aim.

In retrospect, having read your other thread comparing the physical aspects of your two relationships, I think I'm having some second thoughts about my advice.

If you really feel the way that you seem to about your H from what I've read in that other thread...flee.

I don't mean run away...but I do mean you might as well use this as your catalyst to end what you believe is a highly unsatisfactory relationship. Regardless of whatever damage control the MOM does, whatever outcome he strives for...you might as well go ahead and use this crisis as your 'changing point' to end your marriage.

It's going to come out in the end...might as well get what you want out of it, right?

• Like 2

You're likely better off confessing. It won't be just his W coming after you, it will also be MM throwing you under the bus and the things he'll say. Your H may instinctively protect you in the mess.

Whatever you do, don't talk to MM. You'll only hear things you don't want to or he'll try to use you to cover his behind.

SunshineToday

Just come clean and be honest. You might not see it now, but the being honest RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW thing, will save you so much heartache in the future.

In hindsight (trust me) you will be so glad you didn't trickle truth or minimize, just come out with it all--and then the healing will begin.

Best of luck.

• Like 3
Looks like d-day.

There is always a 5% chance it was someone else other than the wife. Maybe someone knows about your affair. It could also be your every own MM that wants to let you down easy.

And lastly, it could be your very own H. Maybe he has known for a while and was pretending.

In any event I suspected you were going to get busted sooner or later because you were too careless. I told you about getting an affair phone, remember? Many of these affairs are discovered through the cell phone.

Please stay calm and safe.

Have you heard from MM? If not he is probably defecating on his pants and cannot call you.

5%? Can you cite your resource for that stat?

Your husband needs to know so he can decide what he wants. Maybe he'll want to D too and this could be a good thing for both of you. Obviously you're not happy or in love with him anymore.

When his wife calls and if you do speak to her all you have to do now is own your part in all this and don't justify it. Answer all that she wants to know.

I get you're scared and all but this was bound to happen eventually, for the truth to come out. I'm sure she wasn't/isn't ready either, I mean she's probably shocked and going through a hell of a lot of emotions right now and her whole world as she once knew it has changed without her consent.

• Like 2
5%? Can you cite your resource for that stat?

:cool::cool::cool:

Is this a variation on trying to refute a post because there was a spelling error?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Truthfully, one must cover all angles.

• Like 2
:cool::cool::cool:

Is this a variation on trying to refute a post because there was a spelling error?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Truthfully, one must cover all angles.

I was curious on the 5% and where you got that number. It is an interesting proposal.

Is that common? Do BSs often keep quiet as they gather evidence?

I did. I hired a PI to gather more than what I had via GPS. I wanted phtographic evidence for the divorce.

• Like 2

Most BS's don't reveal the evidence/info they've got until they have PROOF. Partially because often they don't want to believe that it could be true until they finally see that irrefutable proof, and partially because anything less is often "talked down" by the WS.

So yeah, it's pretty common that they'll keep their mouths shut and gather evidence until they're ready to confront.

• Like 2

TheOW,

The MM is likely to want you to support him as he lies, denies, minimizes, and lies some more. Considering your emotional state, you're going to be likely to grab onto anything that makes the world stop spinning.

That short-term fix will cost you and others dearly. The only one that wins is your MM. For everyone else, they die a slow death of a thousand small cuts, yourself included.

Put all the cards on the table. Let each person choose their path.

• Like 7