LoveShack Terminology

Fallen Angel

There have been a lot of fresh new faces on the board lately, and to all you that are new to Love Shack, WELCOME!!!

Now since there are a lot of new people, and I have seen several threads of late where a new person has had to ask about the acronyms used here on LS; I thought perhaps it is time for yet another "WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?" thread.

So I will start off with a few basics, and since I am sure that there are sevral that I will forget about, please add to the list to help all the new people be able to get more from LS by being able to understand, fully, the things we say to them.

OW,OM - Other Woman, Other Man

fOW,fOM - Former OW, Former OM; anytime you see the lower case f in front of one of the acronyms it stands for "former"

OP - This can have two meanings. Other Person, or Original Poster (The person who started the thread.)

rOW,rOM - Reformed Other Woman, Reformed Other Man. You may also see the lower case r in front of WS, WW, or WH. This is one that is highly debated here, and is most often thought to be an insult, but I put it here because you are likely to come across it at some point.

BS - Betrayed Spouse. (It also occasionally used for what it is most commonly used for, and we all know what that BS stands for.)

BW,BH - Betrayed Wife, Betrayed Husband.

MM,MW - Married Man, Married Woman.

MOM,MOW - Married Other Man, Married Other Woman. These are people who are married and in an affair with someone who is also married.

WS - Wayward (or Wandering; either works) Spouse.

WW,WH - Wayward Wife, Wayward Husband.

IC - Independant Counseling.

MC - Marriage Counseling.

NC - No Contact. (There is an excellent thread about how and why to go NC. I am sure someone will be glad to post a link to that thread for us here so anyone considering NC can access it.)

TROLLS - People who come to the boards in order to be intentionally rude, or mean. The hope is to stir up in-fighting amongst the regular posters. Also, sometimes they post outlandish remarks, just aimed at shocking people, so they can sit back and watch the fallout.

I am sure I have missed quite a few, but I hope this helps a bit.

Again, welcome New People, to the boards. You will find lots of great advice here, if advice is truly what you seek. :)

jennie-jennie
rOW,rOM - Reformed Other Woman, Reformed Other Man. You may also see the lower case r in front of WS, WW, or WH. This is one that is highly debated here, and is most often thought to be an insult, but I put it here because you are likely to come across it at some point.

I just want to add that although the abbrevations rOW, rOM and rWS are often perceived as insults, they are generally not meant as insults by the posters using them, but as a way to define a subgroup of OW, OM and WS.

• Author
Fallen Angel

I thought of a few more...

IMO - In My Opinion

IMHO - In My Honest Opinion

T/J - Thread Jack(ing) - used to describe going off topic or using a thread to carry on what may appear to be a "personal" conversation between people who can not PM.

PM - Private Message

LC - Limited Contact (for those not ready to commit to NC.)

xH, xW - Ex-husband or ex-wife.

D-day - Discovery Day. The day when the affair is found out by the BS.

• Author
Fallen Angel
I just want to add that although the abbrevations rOW, rOM and rWS are often perceived as insults, they are generally not meant as insults by the posters using them, but as a way to define a subgroup of OW, OM and WS.

Agreed. However since they are percieved as insults, I felt it necessary to address that. :)

Does anyone know what IIRC is? I know IRL means in real life.:)

If I recall correctly, it means "If I Recall Correctly."

STBXH, STBXW, STBX - Soon-to-be-Ex-Husband, -Wife, or -<generic> (i.e. someone you are in the process of divorcing.)

I think of that stuff as internet terminology quite unspecific to LS. HMA is the only one I can think would be specific to LS and most people will never understand that one

Just a stone's throw
I think of that stuff as internet terminology quite unspecific to LS. HMA is the only one I can think would be specific to LS and most people will never understand that one

Having Many Alias's = HMA

Sorry, phrase it in the form of a question - what is having many alias's?

jennie-jennie

EMR = extramarital relationship

PA = physical affair

EA = emotional affair

• Author
Fallen Angel

And for the record (FTR) you will often see acronyms that still make no sense at all, until you get to know some of us by our screen names. For example, if you see people saying "FA's post on..." They are talking about something I wrote. Many of us regulars are often referred to by only our initials. Stick around awhile and you will get to know us. :)

FWIW = For What It's Worth.

IMHO = can also mean in my HUMBLE opinion. (usually anything but! And I should know!!)

JMTC = Just My Two Cents.

MiL, FiL, SiL, BiL, DiL = Usually Mother/Father/Brother/Sister/Daughter-in-Law. SniL is Son in Law....

IDK = I don't Know

WGAF = Who Gives A F*(K. (Not common, thankfully, and normally in response to a trolling post/thread, anyway.....!)

MORON = Moron. I just felt like saying it. :laugh:

I saw

TILISI on another forum.

I'm going to start using it....

TILISI Gal/Guy = Tell It Like I See It Gal/Guy

I'm afraid that would be me.....!:o:D

AP = Affair Partner. (same as OW/OM, but more on an equal footing.... maybe....I dunno...it was part of txtspk....!) :laugh:

NITTIGABFF.= Now I Think This Is Getting A Bit Far-Fetched

(OK, I confess. not a real acronym, but it has its place.....!):laugh:

For those who have been here for a few years, remember this one?:laugh:

TYASAFAHICSI

He was a LS member but it also stood for something.