I lied so I could go see his best friend

Last night I went out and played pool with two guys..Mark and Josh. I have a post on here about the situation..but, to sum it up...Mark has feelings for me, but I like his best friend Josh..anyway when we all left the pool hall last night, Mark invited us to his house. I thought Josh was going too, but we ended up meeting at the gas station, and he said he wasn't, then asked if I wanted to go to his house. I ended up calling Mark and telling him I was just gonna go home b/c I knew he wasn't feeling good and I was tired..but I went to Josh's. Nothing happened b/t us...we were just hanging out...but I feel bad about it b/c I lied to Mark when there was nothing to lie about. Josh and I just don't want to hurt Mark....but what should we do at this point??? Mark and I AREN'T together, so I have a right to date Josh, right?? I don't wanna ruin a friendship though!!!

I've gone through a similar situation although they were brothers and I was serious with the younger one (but in love with the oldest). There was no solution in my case. I walked away from my relationship with first brother, leaving other brother (that I was in love with) behind.

In your case, you say you are all just friends. Well, I would sit down with Mark and explain the feelings you have for Josh (if you really feel Josh is worth it). Mark might be hurt at first but if he is your friend, he will understand that Josh makes you happy. That is your option #1. Option #2, just stay friend's with both of them and forget about Josh. Good luck.

DerangedAngel

Josh doesn't sound like a very good friend if he would try to 'mack' on the girl his best friend was interested in (without even so much as mentioning it to him that he was interested in you as well). And he obviously knew as you said...

Josh and I just don't want to hurt Mark....but what should we do at this point???

Bad friends don't make good lovers. I know you won't take my advice but I just thought I'd put my 2 cents in!

Best of luck...

-Deranged

Could be a contest, they want to see who gets you first?

Stranger things have happened.

You're in very troublesome terrority. Tread softly. I'd avoid both of them beyond friendship levels, personally.

• Author

It's definately not a contest..though I could see your point. Honestly, I met Josh by hanging out with Mark...I never expected to like him, but we really seemed to connect. We left it alone for a LONG time, but Mark found out how we both feel on Saturday night, and now it kinda seems as though it's okay for Josh and I to hang out b/c it's all out in the open. Yet, at the same time, we are not sure if we should date b/c of Mark and we are leaving Mark with the impression that we aren't..(just so he doesn't get hurt)...I dunno what to do at this point. I shouldn't have to lie, but I am doing it anyway..why is that?

I recall an episode of Saved by the Bell when Lisa and Zack start going out and it really pisses off Screech.

Don't piss off Screech!

• Author

But, Lisa didn't like Screech...and her and Zack might have been meant for each other...if UC what I mean???

You are setting the two best friends against each other. It is just a matter of time and he will find out. You have to decide for yourself who of the two you want to go out with. You will not be able to have both of them. I hope you know that.

I have to agree with Kevin.....

I have a friend who learned that her guy friends at a local club were betting money on who could "sack her" first..... and she was just as shocked as you might be......because she also swore that could never happen. She did end up marrying one of the guys in the betting pool though. Maybe it's a game you want to play ?

stinky_81JL

Look I've read about this crap for a while look If you really like Mark tell Him that you like his friend what you are doing is very cruel stop it If you value Marks friendship and you have a Mr. jimmy cricket then just stop flirting with disaster stop talking to Josh you need to stop take a day off and figure out what you really want what is more important to you friendship or this guy Josh If you think that he is the one go for It If not stop being such an inconsiderate person damn :mad:

• Author

I happen to believe that I am NOT so inconsiderate. I have ALREADY told Mark that I am not interested in him as more than a friend and that I DO have feelings for Josh..the thing is, he STILL acts like we are in a relationship and gets mad if he sees me talking to Josh w/o him there..or if he's with me and Josh calls....he's posessive over me, yet we aren't together.

Darkangelism

Mark will be hurt at first, he might get mad, but you have to let him go through the rejection process.

My two best friends hate each other now because of a situation like this; and I can't talk to either of them anymore without the other being pissed off about it.

women. Eesh.

Don't worry about lying. I don't feel that it's bad that you had to lie, to avoid hurting his feelings.

YOUR feelings and happiness come first. Not Marks. If you don't like Mark, that's something that he is gonna have to deal with. And if he is a true and good friend, he will understand that and let the two of you be.

If you want to go for Josh, go for it and if Mark doesn't like it, that's too bad!

~V

• Author

I definately don't like to lie..TO ANYONE...but I don't like hurting anyone either. The thing is...Mark has been talking to me lately as though Josh likes EVERYONE...which could just be trying to convince me NOT to like Josh...but Josh has yet to ADMIT that he likes me...should I just leave them both alone for a while??

Sounds like Mark is trying to cockblock Josh. How typical! See what some guys will do to get a woman? Sell their buddy out, over a woman! No offense to you, my dear, but I'm sure you understand what I mean.

~V

• Author

Well, the thing is...I was talking to Josh the other day, and I jokingly said "well, you're the one messing with my head"..he said "how am I doing that?? Where do you get that from?"..I said "I get it from me..you just are"...all he said was "well, that's what Mark is telling you...I know how Mark works"..then ended the conversation at that. Should I be bold and say "HEY, do you like me or not??" How do I find out w/o pissing anyone off??

It shouldn't matter whether or not you piss anyone off. If they get pissed off, oh well. If you are getting impatient with Josh, just tell him -- 'look, i'm interested in you -- if you don't feel the same, no biggie -- I won't waste any more of your time'.

~Vivid