Cheating boyfriend now going out with my (former) best friend

hi ppl

im really glad to find this site tonight bcz it is one of my most sleepless and depressing nights ever...i had boyfriend and we went out for a couple of yrs after which he cheated on me and was having a physical relationship with me at the same time that he was having an affair with another girl..ofcourse i didnt know abt it but was always suspicious and i know i hv driven myself crazy over the past few yrs...now hes going out with my best friend and i just cant see them together...im so hopeless that i think ill never b really happy or ill never b over him...furthermore, it has terribly damaged my relationship with my best friend...wat to do ? how to think? plz help !:(

Write off your "best friend," heal from this situation and do a better job of picking partners (and friends) in the future. You mae a mistake with this one but that doesn't mean there isn't an ideal, loyal guy out there for you. Your ex was a jerk. Shxt happens! This is a time for you to be strong.

thanx tony, but the thing is, we are all in the same class in the same university...or actually in the same medical school...im a smart, pretty girl witha lot to give but i just cant seem to get over the infidelity...i hv never been physically involved and this was my first time...i cant help myself out of it although i am the besy person to tell myself that i deserve much better in life...pretty, smart, rich, medical student...wat else can anyone ask for? but i dont blv myself crying over this ****ty guy...anything that i do to get myself out of it is only temporary...and then i get really bad outbursts of guilt, anger and self pity..

So your best friend is with your ex. That wont last long.

Like Tony said write her off. You dont need friends like that.

Was she the one he was cheating with? Did it to you he will most likely do

it to her.

There are some really great guys out there and one is out there for you.

Hang in there !

Happiness does'nt come from other people you must find it within youself.

Good luck and be strong!! :)

Because this was your first time, the feelings will indeed be intense. Don't beat yourself up over any outbursts you're having - accept them as part of the territory that comes with this situation, and their intensity will lessen and ultimately disappear as time goes on.

Not sure how med school dynamics work, but unless you're lab partners or something with these people you should be able to write them off through simple avoidance. And write them off you will need to do. He's cheated on you before, as you said, and even if he came back he'll do it again. And as for your so-called friend? Let's just say any language I could come up with to express that thought would be saltier than any ocean!

You are not without support here!

hi reasontosigh..

none of them is my lab partner but i do see them SOME time of the day and on class events.im so terribly in need of help that i hv thought of seeing a psychiatrist but i dont want to b put on antidepressants...its like wenever i c them together, i start nauseating so bad that i actually hv to sit down or divert my attention to sumthing else or i might hv a nervous breakdown...i am a girl with a lottt of self respect..and physical abuse like this one is killing me..i hv been very prominent throughout my school life and now im completely shattered...im doing bad at my studies and most of all i cant think straight or keep my head clear of these thoughts....plzzz...anyone..help me...or the world will lose a gr8 doctor:((((