Happy Moments

wellwhynot

Although being involved in an affair is not always easy, I thought it would be nice if for a change we talked about some of the happy things that come out of it.

What is a really happy moment you had with your partner?

I love how he's always there for me when I'm having a bad day. He will let me vent away all my stress and always makes me feel better, and the kisses are nice too! :p

• Like 1
pureinheart

There were many happy moments, it's hard to pick one. There still are as we are friends.

During his separation and divorce we used frequent all of the thrift stores looking for treasures. We both collected rare glass and antiques...that was sooo much fun and everyone knew us and loved us...

• Like 1

The fact that we can talk about anything and make each other laugh

The amazing kisses that always made me feel like I can kiss him all day every day for the rest of my life. (hours would pass and we're just kissing and it only felt like its been 10 minutes)

When he'd finish making me a CD. We have the same taste in music and he used to make CDs for me to listen to in my car (because I was always sick of the radio and needed good tunes), and he'd mix all the songs & it flowed so well - man!! those were awesome CDs.

There were a lot of great things shared between us.

The hurt, the lessons learned and the NC can't change that.

• Like 1

I learned what it felt like to be in love and care more about another person (besides my children of course) than myself. I learned for the first time what it felt like to feel alive!

Sadly, it came with a price much too high to pay!!

• Like 2

The fact that she can't nag about leaving dirty dishes in the sink....

• Like 1
  • Author
wellwhynot
That is wonderful.

But what if you had a horrible car accident and landed in the hospital. Would he be able to drop everything and "be there" for you?

It is amazing and wonderful. :) I'm sure he would be. He has been before when there have been things that have happened, and he was my biggest support system!

It's so thoughtful of you to ask

• Like 1
Summer Breeze

I remember very few moments that weren't happy. Once the balance started to shift and I saw the happy ones start to dip in number I addressed it, gave him his chance to change things, and then I ended it when he didn't. He made me very happy overall and I believe I did the same for him. It's funny because even the fights and the mundane things managed to bring out something good for us.

Stephanie

This thread was going off topic, albeit in another informative direction with a topic worthy of discussion. However; it doesn't relate to this thread.

If anyone would like to start a thread on "times the MP has been there for you", please do so. There were some good responses.

The topic of this thread is "What is a really happy moment you had with your partner?".

Carry on.

I had a whole lot of happy moments as an OW. I didn't want MM to leave his W, didn't want commitment, and didn't view him as a life partner, so any accumulated damage to him from whatever deception he was weaving at home was not of concern to me. I liked the intensity, the focus on romance. Theatre, shared poetry, music, trips, sex, all was happy and fun.

From where I sit now, though, it seems shallow and selfish and embarrassing and, in hindsight, I would have liked to have been a more positive influence on him, myself, and to not have contributed to the deception and hurt of his family. But, I didn't see that at the time.

• Like 6

Our second rendez-vous which took place a long time after the first. We had been communicating long distance for a long while, and I was unsure how it would actually be to have sex with him again. But when we did I just knew I was with the right guy at the right moment at the right place. It was perfect. :love:

• Like 1
It's funny because even the fights and the mundane things managed to bring out something good for us.

I recognize this. We've noticed that even fighting together makes us feel good because it means we are communicating and spending time together.

• Like 1

Oh gosh so many wonderful moments, the laughs, and the memories. He has given support and love to me more than I could imagine. He is the most wonderful man alive. :love:

• Like 1

St.Patrick's Day.....I had just found out my sister had terminal liver cancer. He cried right along with me.

VivienViolet

I did not know it at the time, but my happiest day was when I ended the affair! :bunny:

• Like 2
SoMovinOn

Every moment with her is a happy moment, whether it's a 15 minute smoke break during work, or a week vacation at the beach.

Even the times when one of us is there to support the other during a tough time... those are happy moments too. Not because what's going on is a happy thing, but because we have each other to get through them.

• Like 3
Gentlegirl2

I still remember the poems he wrote me. At the time I thought they were so wonderful . If there had been a particularly memorable time, shortly there would be a poem waiting in the mail box and I don't mean on the computer.

GG

• Like 4

Every moment. And even though I know they have to end soon, every moment we spend together is amazing.. He is the most beautiful man I've ever met, and the way he caresses me and details me is incredible. I've never been looked at the way he looks at me. His eyes just reach in and touch my soul. He's also an amazing friend.

So even though the intense connection we have must end, I know that I've met someone who has changed me..

• Like 4

There were so many happy moment in the A! I think the happiest may have been when he packed his things and moved into the little cottage we'd found. I had sent over flowers and champagne so that he did not arrive to a totally empty house and he sat outside in the garden in the sunshine talking to me on his mobile while the kids unpacked their stuff laughing with joy at the new beginning. It was so exciting! We had waited so eagerly for that moment and everything just seemed to be taking so long so it was really great when it arrived!

Another really happy moment was when we realised we were in love. We had hired a cottage on the beach just before the summer holidays and we had the whole beach to ourselves. We took a long walk and then lay down close to the water's edge with the spray tickling our faces with the flow of the tide. We snuggled and I put my head on his chest and he held me tightly and started to cry, softly, because he had never been so happy in his life.

• Like 3
PeineDeCoeur

There were happy moments.. mostly of the comfort he gave, of the interest he showed (at least in the first few months) of nurturing me as a person, of how happy and natural it felt to be close to him. I have never felt so free with my body with another. I learned a lot about myself. It's been hard to disengage and I still believe that I must, but I won't ever regret it.

• Like 2
Although being involved in an affair is not always easy, I thought it would be nice if for a change we talked about some of the happy things that come out of it.

I love how he's always there for me when I'm having a bad day. He will let me vent away all my stress and always makes me feel better, and the kisses are nice too! :p

Is this only for Other Women / Men or can any affair partner post?

If not, apologies.

A really happy moment I had with my partner during the affair was going for a moonlight walk at the botanical gardens near a holiday home we'd hired. It was a small village mostly retired people and some artists, very few holiday makers as it was out of season, so most people knew each other and we were obviously not locals. People were very friendly and chatted to us and many of them commented on how in love we looked, and I looked at her and she was simply radiant, glowing brighter than the moon, and everything else just faded away.

• Like 2

It's so refreshing to hear all the positive good moments ppl have with their affair partners. Thanks for starting this thread OP.

I remember our first kiss and how happy it made me. I hadn't been kissed like that in over a decade. I felt like I melted into him.

• Like 6
Summer Breeze
St.Patrick's Day.....I had just found out my sister had terminal liver cancer. He cried right along with me.

I'm so very sorry to hear about your sister. I'm very happy to hear he's being supportive.

• Author
wellwhynot
Is this only for Other Women / Men or can any affair partner post?

If not, apologies.

A really happy moment I had with my partner during the affair was going for a moonlight walk at the botanical gardens near a holiday home we'd hired. It was a small village mostly retired people and some artists, very few holiday makers as it was out of season, so most people knew each other and we were obviously not locals. People were very friendly and chatted to us and many of them commented on how in love we looked, and I looked at her and she was simply radiant, glowing brighter than the moon, and everything else just faded away.

That sounds wonderful. :)

The thread topic is about happy moments within an extra-marital or extra-life partnered affair. The forum is for people who find themselves in an affair with a committed person. It is possible for those people to be committed themselves. As an example, two married people having an affair.

When moderators have to delete numerous posts and both moderators feel compelled to make statements in the thread to keep it on-topic, then members should feel compelled to reflect upon their posting behaviors. I hope they do. Keeping this open for now but my finger is resting firmly on the 'close' button.

• Like 1