Men..men.. men

I tell you...

Last Saturday, I was shopping for plants.. I almost bumped into this really tall black guy... at one point, we were 'bumping' way too much into each other and each time, he was giving me this huge smile.. I checked him a little bit closer, he was with this tall black woman. They were probably in their early 40s... good looking guy.

After I got everyting, I went to the cash, paid and left.. my car was right accross the street from the store entrance.

He followed me to the car.. said 'I have to tell you that I really enjoyed watching you shop'... how weird is that..

I looked at him as if he was from another planet.. he then said 'you are a very beautiful lady and I would love to see you again' he then asked me for my phone no.. I told him that I didn't want to give my phone no. to people I didn't know.. I asked him for his.. he said 'sure'.. then long story short.. I left.. the woman came out of the store.. looked at me and continue.

He didn't seem nervous that she was behind him.. (he said she was his girlfriend and asked me if I had a problem with that).. LOL

I told the story to my daughter.. she warned me (of course... :laugh: ) but then said it was rather flattering to have strangers

I have not called him yet.. but I'm curious.. to know his 'excuses' for hitting on much older women in public places...

It's either they have an open relationship or he will lie to her about our little conversation.. (he might tell her that I was asking him for directions :laugh:).. who knows.

ah les hommes!

JaneyAmazed

This situation doesn't seem unusal at all to me. If you are an attractive woman (old or young, attractive or not), there are always men out there (married or not) who smile, say corny things, try to get a number, etc, etc.

• Author
This situation doesn't seem unusal at all to me. If you are an attractive woman (old or young, attractive or not), there are always men out there (married or not) who smile, say corny things, try to get a number, etc, etc.

I agree that it's not unusual.. what is, in this case, is the fact that the girlfriend was almost right behind him...

• Author
These guys act like telephone marketing employees. They hit on a 100 women and usually 1-2 fall for their moves.

The other 98 women would not pay any attention or even speak to men like this.

That is life!

I think you're right..

pureinheart

Hey Lizzie...as my mom used to say...when you got it, you got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You go girl!

Lizzie, I don't know your whole back story. I see you have an xMM.

I'm very surprised you feel any intrigue for a man who tries to pick you up at a store while shopping with his GF.

Personally, I would have handed the number to the GF when she came out and asked her if she could verify that it was correct?

I do hope you don't call this guy.

• Author
Some women like to know they attract men------even if they are not planning to date these men. She was flattered by the attention.

Well I have to admit that it is kind of flattering in a way.. the guy was in his early 40s (probably) and I'll be 59 very soon (July)..

• Author
Lizzie!!!!!! Where you been boo? :p

Hiya.. I've been extremely busy at work.. and at home.. since about a year.. not too much time for the net anymore.

but I miss you all.. :love:

Well I have to admit that it is kind of flattering in a way.. the guy was in his early 40s (probably) and I'll be 59 very soon (July)..

Hubba hubba! You should be flattered ;)

• Author
I agree with SG.. You should be flattered. I certainly would be!! You go girl!!

In a way.. I was.. but on the other hand.. I found it kind of weird.. the way it was done.. with her behind him.. but maybe she didn't notice anything.. I don't know.

Oh please he did that behind her back... I've seen men do it right in front of their woman's face at a bar. Right in front of and play it off. SMH... Men don't believe in being gentlemen anymore. Do not call him.

I tell you...

Last Saturday, I was shopping for plants.. I almost bumped into this really tall black guy... at one point, we were 'bumping' way too much into each other and each time, he was giving me this huge smile.. I checked him a little bit closer, he was with this tall black woman. They were probably in their early 40s... good looking guy.

After I got everyting, I went to the cash, paid and left.. my car was right accross the street from the store entrance.

He followed me to the car.. said 'I have to tell you that I really enjoyed watching you shop'... how weird is that..

I looked at him as if he was from another planet.. he then said 'you are a very beautiful lady and I would love to see you again' he then asked me for my phone no.. I told him that I didn't want to give my phone no. to people I didn't know.. I asked him for his.. he said 'sure'.. then long story short.. I left.. the woman came out of the store.. looked at me and continue.

He didn't seem nervous that she was behind him.. (he said she was his girlfriend and asked me if I had a problem with that).. LOL

I told the story to my daughter.. she warned me (of course... :laugh: ) but then said it was rather flattering to have strangers

I have not called him yet.. but I'm curious.. to know his 'excuses' for hitting on much older women in public places...

It's either they have an open relationship or he will lie to her about our little conversation.. (he might tell her that I was asking him for directions :laugh:).. who knows.

ah les hommes!

Was he Jamaican? :rolleyes::laugh:

I was at a family BBQ for Memorial day about 3 years ago and there was a guy there who could be my father, who is a family friend who was hitting on me the entire time and telling me to come sit by him so he could cook and stare at me and I was drinking a beer and he told me to tell him when I was drunk so he could "take care of me".....:rolleyes:

Later on at the BBQ a woman and 2 young men came to the BBQ, the older was around my age and then it was mentioned by someone that that was his wife and kids! I wasn't interested in the first place but thought...ofcourse...what a loser. When I was about to leave the BBQ, his wife is sitting 5 steps away and in ear shot and he comes up to me and places his phone on top of the fridge and says "Put your number in it and leave it there". I was SHOCKED that he could really be that "slick" and brazen with his wife in earshot! But he was...and back then with a different mentality, I was like "Hmmm...ok...let me see what he is really up to" and I did give him my number! SMH... After he called and left me a voicemail once, I never returned his call and left it at that because it was too much. But back in the day "curiosity" was how I got myself in some strange scenarios also the flattery of attention from much older, powerful or taken men was exciting to me. Not anymore though ..

These guys act like telephone marketing employees. They hit on a 100 women and usually 1-2 fall for their moves.

The other 98 women would not pay any attention or even speak to men like this.

That is life!

LMAO! Soooo very true :laugh:

Was he Jamaican? :rolleyes::laugh:

I was at a family BBQ for Memorial day about 3 years ago and there was a guy there who could be my father, who is a family friend who was hitting on me the entire time and telling me to come sit by him so he could cook and stare at me and I was drinking a beer and he told me to tell him when I was drunk so he could "take care of me".....:rolleyes:

Later on at the BBQ a woman and 2 young men came to the BBQ, the older was around my age and then it was mentioned by someone that that was his wife and kids! I wasn't interested in the first place but thought...ofcourse...what a loser. When I was about to leave the BBQ, his wife is sitting 5 steps away and in ear shot and he comes up to me and places his phone on top of the fridge and says "Put your number in it and leave it there". I was SHOCKED that he could really be that "slick" and brazen with his wife in earshot! But he was...and back then with a different mentality, I was like "Hmmm...ok...let me see what he is really up to" and I did give him my number! SMH... After he called and left me a voicemail once, I never returned his call and left it at that because it was too much. But back in the day "curiosity" was how I got myself in some strange scenarios also the flattery of attention from much older, powerful or taken men was exciting to me. Not anymore though ..

It really isn't flattering at all. "Hi chick, you willing to be a side-piece? I've got a rockit in my pocket if you want a ride along with the otha's I'm apleasin'"

I was more flattered by a man with a real excuse for mentally challenged to tell me I am beautiful than any man who has ever seemed otherwise 'capable' that tried to pick me up in a store, even without a GF.

Lizzie, this guy isn't for anyone until he grows up, alot!

Truly, do not be flattered by him or call him for your own good sake.

It really isn't flattering at all. "Hi chick, you willing to be a side-piece? I've got a rockit in my pocket if you want a ride along with the otha's I'm apleasin'"

I was more flattered by a man with a real excuse for mentally challenged to tell me I am beautiful than any man who has ever seemed otherwise 'capable' that tried to pick me up in a store, even without a GF.

Lizzie, this guy isn't for anyone until he grows up, alot!

Truly, do not be flattered by him or call him for your own good sake.

Lol...now I realize that.

But back in the day I had some delusion that I was just soo freakin fabulous why a married or taken man was trying to be all up on me...instead of thinking, "What a douche, if it isn't me it'd be someone else" :rolleyes:

But back in the day I had some delusion that I was just soo freakin fabulous why a married or taken man was trying to be all up on me...instead of thinking, "What a douche, if it isn't me it'd be someone else" :rolleyes:

Yup, I agree. Some MM or attached man just looking for a fix.

While shopping after the gyn this morning the married guy behind me in line told me "you need a man to help you carry those groceries". Ugh, I went home, took a shower and made a note to never shop in my gym clothes again.

Seems the more revealing my clothing, the more I get hit on. Flattering, no. More like disgusting IMO.

However, there was a time when this younger guy approached me at the mall with a flattering compliment. As soon as he saw my ring, he apologized and said the compliment still stands as he backed off. I was very flattered by that one.

So, flattery is in the eye of the flattered I guess.

Edited by herenow

:)

I can see by your posts you have learned plenty. To the underlined, weren't we just the hottest when some man wanted us, but wanted no one to know he went there :p

Is it a copyright issue to say 'free at last'? It is so great to be done with men like that. I'm no longer concerned about being polite to anyone trying to pick up at a store. No, you can't have my number and I have no interest to have yours. Have a nice day :)

:)

I can see by your posts you have learned plenty. To the underlined, weren't we just the hottest when some man wanted us, but wanted no one to know he went there :p

Is it a copyright issue to say 'free at last'? It is so great to be done with men like that. I'm no longer concerned about being polite to anyone trying to pick up at a store. No, you can't have my number and I have no interest to have yours. Have a nice day :)

Girrll...yes!

Yup, I agree. Some MM or attached man just looking for a fix.

While shopping after the gyn this morning the married guy behind me in line told me "you need a man to help you carry those groceries". Ugh, I went home, took a shower and made a note to never shop in my gym clothes again.

Seems the more revealing my clothing, the more I get hit on. Flattering, no. More like disgusting IMO.

However, there was a time when this younger guy approached me at the mall with a flattering compliment. As soon as he saw my ring, he apologized and said the compliment still stands as he backed off. I was very flattered by that one.

So, flattery is in the eye of the flattered I guess .

My standards for flattery and for what is a true compliment to be proud of has changed.

pureinheart
Oh please he did that behind her back... I've seen men do it right in front of their woman's face at a bar. Right in front of and play it off. SMH... Men don't believe in being gentlemen anymore. Do not call him.

A lot of people from work used to have parties, or meet at bars. One time it was a really big get together and this guy asks me to dance...not thinking anything of it, and he was kinda cute, started dancing with him. My best friend came up and told me that his W was over there and pointed to her, I guess she had just walked in the room. I got really pissed and looked at him and said WTH and he played dumb.

His W was the sister of a supervisors W that I worked with...they both were black belts (supervisor and W, she was better than him from what I heard)...his W (the supervisors W) wasn't real crazy about my friend and me because her H used to flirt with us all of the time (he flirted with everyone).

To me that is extremely rude. I have had H's and BF's that couldn't keep their eyeballs in their head...I'd say, "get your eyeballs back in your head", to let them know I saw what was up...

Both men and women will look, but I say do it on your own time, and DON'T be rude to me.

Seems to me one can analyse the crap out of anything and turn it negative.

Lizzie wasn't planning to marry the guy! But she's hot and he told her so. Bit of fun. End of. Take it at face value.

I don't mind if men wish to approach me to tell me how sexy I am ;)

Seems to me one can analyse the crap out of anything and turn it negative.

Lizzie wasn't planning to marry the guy! But she's hot and he told her so. Bit of fun. End of. Take it at face value.

I don't mind if men wish to approach me to tell me how sexy I am ;)

No one barged into her life to comment on what happened...she thought it fit to post on LS about what happened, so I assume she must think something less than run of the mill of it. Men tell me I am attractive all the time and I never think to post it on LS...

I do realize that most of your posts come from a certain position, either depicting everyone else as being too uptight, bullies or just entirely wrong in general...which is fine..but this is crazy lol to make it seem like everyone is embellishing her story and taking a simple compliment and turning it into something extra. No one is making a big deal out of a man telling a woman she is hot....Lizzie wanted people's opinions on a man with a girlfriend asking her for her number while his gf was around and also commenting to Lizzie that she was indeed his gf and hope she didn't mind. I'm not sure what you meant by taking it at face value...but from your synopsis of what you interpreted, your definition seems to include omitting key facts.

I suppose we all have issues, save for you, since everyone else found those key details as something to raise an eyebrow about and NOT the compliments themselves. Sorry we can't all be "positive" like you are. I suppose if your man tries to pick up other women while you're around you see nothing strange about it as well....and if so...well to each her own.

Edited by MissBee