Flaws

There has been a bunch of threads starting arguments and pointing fingers at other posters.

It really has gotten to the point where this forum feels like a battle field at times.

I'm starting this thread in hopes that OM/OW BS/FBS and any other posters will join me in listing our flaws.

I'm hoping that this will show that we are all human, we are all flawed and we can all be objective enough to see ourselves.

I hope that we can see that although our life experiences are different, our attitudes towards some issues greatly differ, in the end, we're all flawed, and we are the same (to a certain extent) ;)

Also, this thread is meant for posters to list their OWN flaws, and not anyone else's ;)

I'll start with me: TigerCub is:

- Impatient

- Short tempered (had a very short fuse, but its getting a lil longer) ;)

- Cynical (especially about Rs - but trying to have a better outlook)

- Blunt (I tell it like it is - maybe too often, will work on still saying the truth, but not saying it so harshly)

- Gullible at times (sometimes I really want to believe/see the best in people despite what my logic tells me) - gladly that doesn't happen often.

I'm sure there's more, but that's a start...

Come one, come all, and tell TC your flaws - no judgments here :)

You are soooo precious BTW...I don't think you have any flaws, although if you say you do, you do....

LS doesn't have enough space for mine...although the worst IMO are I don't trust God enough...to let go and let God is what I need to do at this point in my life:) ((((((((hugs))))))))

That priddy much sums it up for me, all fall under this category IMO.

• Author
You are soooo precious BTW...I don't think you have any flaws, although if you say you do, you do....

Aaaawww, thank you, that's super sweet :)

LS doesn't have enough space for mine...although the worst IMO are I don't trust God enough...to let go and let God is what I need to do at this point in my life:) ((((((((hugs))))))))

Don't feel bad about that - I don't even believe in god. My mom sees that as one of my greatest flaws :)

But honestly, I do understand what you're saying and I hope that if you do initially believe and that if your faith gives you strength to go on and be happy, I really hope that you go out there and get more of it!! :)

what r ya waiting for???!! mush! mush!!

haha :)

That priddy much sums it up for me, all fall under this category IMO.

We all got somethin' to work on...

Thanks for sharing Pure :)

I worry way too much.

As Pure said, I need to let go and let G-d. That is one rule of the 12 the step program my H is committed to.

Truth is, when I do let go, I enjoy life more and things tend to go my way.

However, it's not as easy as it sounds.

• Author
I worry way too much.

That can be a bitch of a flaw!

my mom worries too much too, and I see what it does to her. She can't enjoy much if she's constantly worrying.

In my 'Angry Phase' I used to get pissed off at everything, but now, I'm more the 'It's not the end of the world - it'll work out or it'll just pass' and I find that's a much better way of lookin at things.

As Pure said, I need to let go and let G-d. That is one rule of the 12 the step program my H is committed to.

Truth is, when I do let go, I enjoy life more and things tend to go my way.

However, it's not as easy as it sounds.

I believe that! I would imagine it would be hard to just let go and leave it to god/fate/the universe (whatever powers one believes in).

Thanks for sharing Herenow :)

• Author
I'm arrogant and convinced I'm always right...that my way is the right way, or the best way.

Really?? I so don't get that from your posts...

I DISAGREE WITH YOU OWL - what r ya gonna do about that huh? huh?!! :p

I can have a short fuse sometimes.

It's difficult to convince me otherwise once I've formed an opinion unless you present me with irrefutable facts.

Those are the two that stood out for me, at least where LS is concerned.

I'm sure there are more, but they're probably easier for others to see. :laugh:

I'm arrogant and convinced I'm always right...that my way is the right way, or the best way.

But your way is pretty much the right way most of the time :love:

My fault? Jump in too quick at times when I see hypocrisy or back stabbing. Sometimes it's better to let it go.

• Author
Tell you that you're wrong, and I'm right! Q.E.D!!! :D :D :D :D :D

haha - well that certainly fits the pattern ;) - Hey!! at least you don't disappoint! :)

what does Q.E.D mean btw?

• Author

It's difficult to convince me otherwise once I've formed an opinion unless you present me with irrefutable facts.

I'm like that too. I've had complaints about that one. But yeah once I think something, I become convinced of it, unless its proven otherwise.

Thanks for sharing Donna :)

• Author
But your way is pretty much the right way most of the time :love:

No...Noooooo!!

you're only feeding the ego monster!! :p

My fault? Jump in too quick at times when I see hypocrisy or back stabbing.

That's not a bad flaw - you're just calling out people on their bulls**t, or sticking up for the little guy - I do that too.

I guess sometimes its better to let things go, but I understand where that comes from..

I'm like that too. I've had complaints about that one. But yeah once I think something, I become convinced of it, unless its proven otherwise.

Thanks for sharing Donna :)

Me too. I base my thinking on my own experience. It's pretty hard to argue with ones experience. I guess that is the problem with many of the disagreements here on LS. We are all basing what we believe on our own experiences. So I guess we are all in the right.

• Author
I guess that is the problem with many of the disagreements here on LS. We are all basing what we believe on our own experiences. So I guess we are all in the right.

I don't know if that's totally true (for me at least). If I'm listening to a new story, I would ask questions to understand more where the person is coming from and what the details are, I wouldn't just assume they are either good or bad, right or wrong based on my own past experiences (even if the story sounds an awful lot like a past experience of mine was). I still try to be a objective.

I think I meant it more with regards to people in real life. I give people a clean slate in the beginning, but when they prove that they aren't as sincere or good to me as they claim, then yeah - I become convinced, unless its proven otherwise (and that is really hard to prove after the fact).

Especially when I become convinced that someone is a compulsive liar - what can they say to that "uh, no I"m not" - haha:)

Not sure if I explained myself well - if not, then we have something new to add to the list :)

• Author
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q.E.D.

"I have proven what I set out to prove".

:)

Thanks for the link OWL. WOW, guess its been a Loooooong a$$ time since my 1 proofs course!

And Anne...if I'm your LS hero...you need better heroes, my friend! :) :) :)

I'd say that's funny, but it will only feed the ego monster :p

Not sure if I explained myself well - if not, then we have something new to add to the list :)

You explained yourself perfectly.

What I am saying is that our opinions are based on our own experiences, good or bad. That is what makes us individuals IMO.

For example, someone who has suffered abuse as a child, will see the world differently than someone who has not. Or, on the flip side, someone who has a loving family may have a different opinion when faced with the same question. Both "good" people with different experiences.

If there is anything hanging around here that is larger than my ego, I want it shot, killed, and stuffed immediately!

On second thought...if you see something bigger than my ego...you're probably better off just running! :)

Ummm, I'm probably not as objective as I should be because of my recent experiences, but yet I get that we are all colored by our experiences and past. I try......but I'm lacking. Sometimes I'm a little too snappy for my own good, sometimes it's regretted most times it's not. :) I was pretty damn pissed off and everyone and everything for a while, but I'm past that now. :)

I get frustrated when I have trouble making myself clear or someone twists what I'm saying, which is it? Twisting or me being frustrated?

I've been too trusting of what someone says as being true...here at LS and in R/L, but yet I'm cynical. I'm a walking contradiction at times, I suppose. :)

Me too. I base my thinking on my own experience. It's pretty hard to argue with ones experience. I guess that is the problem with many of the disagreements here on LS. We are all basing what we believe on our own experiences. So I guess we are all in the right.

Part of it, also, is people are expected to accept as fact what an already proven liar is telling one of the people they would have good reason to lie to. An example: "My spouse and I NEVER have sex," and this being said to the AP who they MUST lie to in order to keep them dangling.

I'm sorry. You can recite that line over and over, but in very rare cases is it actually true. Thus, I am reticent to change my opinion.

Edited by donnamaybe
  • Author
You explained yourself perfectly.

What I am saying is that our opinions are based on our own experiences, good or bad. That is what makes us individuals IMO.

For example, someone who has suffered abuse as a child, will see the world differently than someone who has not. Or, on the flip side, someone who has a loving family may have a different opinion when faced with the same question. Both "good" people with different experiences.

I totally see what you're saying now.

Thanks for the examples - they help me learn :):bunny:

And Anne...if I'm your LS hero...you need better heroes, my friend! :) :) :)

True but you don't know who I am comparing you against :D

• Author

I've been too trusting of what someone says as being true...here at LS and in R/L, but yet I'm cynical. I'm a walking contradiction at times, I suppose. :)

I find that really odd - I'm the same way too with that!

Thanks for sharing BB