From the beginning I knew it was wrong but there was magic and just no stopping.

I too am glad to stumble across this site, in my quest for some answers. I have been involved with a married man for over 3 months and we have had an amazing time and amazing sex. From the beginning I knew it was wrong but there was magic and just no stopping. Despite being married for 12 years, he always empasizes that he and his wife argue all and have no marriage left. As a result, he has been working abroad and away from his wife and two children for several years and that is how he and I became involved. I never thought I would be in such a situation and I truly would never want to hurt his family. It seems that he doesn't know what he wants for himself but says that he cares for me and has apparently fallen for me. To complicate matters more, he is a known flirt and I have heard through social circles that he has been involved with other married women. In fact last week, a friends husband walked out on her suspecting that she has more than friendship with him. I am single and have been for a few years, after my fiance passed on. We decided to stop all of this twice and it didn't work. Finally we spoke again and decided to stop it all. How do I get through this and how do I stop feeling fo him? I would appreciate your comments and help.

He sounds like someone you're better off without. How do you do it? Try to distract yourself as much as possible. You do need to mourn, but try not to get caught up in it. See your friends, take up a hobby, do what you can to keep your mind busy. As time passes, it will get easier.

Thank you moimeme - you could be right. Last night I lost my patience with him and told him to call me when he figures out what he wants. I feel like apologizing to him... have I been unfair or am I just too soft? I know the best thing to do now is just cut it off. It's painful... but it may save me even more pain later.