Any thoughts or experiences on this?

Breezy Trousers

Breezy Trousers

I was on another unrelated forum. They were discussing child abuse.

Someone posted that child abuse is about taking something innocent and teaching it corruption. The corruptor needs an innocent. There's no fun in having a relationship with someone who already knows "sin" because there's no ensuing sense of power from that. It's the victim's naivete that enhances the abuser's sense of control and power -- in those circumstances, corruption is genuinely being taught or introduced.The corruptor sees himself/herself as a teacher of sorts. It's not so much about the sex as it is about seducing and ultimately dominating another person's life experience.

Wow.

Maybe it's me, but this reminded me of the manner in which some MM target OW.

For example, my MM appears to have a definite preference for submissive, naive "good girls." And he is power/domination/control personified.

I now see that my attraction to MM was a replication of ancient childhood sexual abuse issues.

I wonder how many affairs are actually replications of unhealed sexual/narcissistic childhood abuse issues for OW/OM?

Does any of this resonate with any of you out there?

KarmasTestDummy
I was on another unrelated forum. They were discussing child abuse.

Someone posted that child abuse is about taking something innocent and teaching it corruption. The corruptor needs an innocent. There's no fun in having a relationship with someone who already knows "sin" because there's no ensuing sense of power from that. It's the victim's naivete that enhances the abuser's sense of control and power -- in those circumstances, corruption is genuinely being taught or introduced.The corruptor sees himself/herself as a teacher of sorts. It's not so much about the sex as it is about seducing and ultimately dominating another person's life experience.

Wow.

Maybe it's me, but this reminded me of the manner in which some MM target OW.

For example, my MM appears to have a definite preference for submissive, naive "good girls." And he is power/domination/control personified.

I now see that my attraction to MM was a replication of ancient childhood sexual abuse issues.

I wonder how many affairs are actually replications of unhealed sexual/narcissistic childhood abuse issues for OW/OM?

Does any of this resonate with any of you out there?

Not child abuse but definitely child neglect....always fighting for the attention of my parents...and then watching how they behaved in unhealthy relationship after another. Then living in a physically abusive marriage myself. Sure I see the why. I really do, probably always have. Doesn't necessarily change what the heart wants.