Regret Cheating???

Can't wait to see some of the replies. MOW here. I didn't leave my H for my XOM, but I deeply regret the A and know deep down that my XOM and I would have been seriously mismatched. I would have regretted it 100%.

desertIslandCactus
Can't wait to see some of the replies. MOW here. I didn't leave my H for my XOM, but I deeply regret the A and know deep down that my XOM and I would have been seriously mismatched. I would have regretted it 100%.

LD, I'm with you. I honestly think God saved me from a mismatch as well.

Question for Both Secretlady & DesertIslandCactus,

Why did you feel you and the AP were mismatched in terms of a possibly relationship if you had gone with them? I'm curious to hear the reasons behind the decisions made. Not threadjacking, btw! LOL!

• Like 1
How many guys out there cheated on their really long term girlfriend, left and actually regretted it?

Thank God I got smart before I lost my wife.

Fightclub; I don't recall replying to this thread!! I guess you mean Ladydesigner as opposed to Secretlady!!!:)

LOL! Thanks SecretLady, it's true, I meant Ladydesigner, I must have mixed up the two of you while reading one of your other posts.

Cheating on my long term girlfriend many, many years ago is the only regret I have in my life. She was wonderful, loved me better than anyone ever has or will. I was a scumbag - cheated on her, then left her because I got another girl pregnant.

I always wanted to find her and apologize. 30 years later, she found me. I apologized. Now we are having an A, we're both married to someone else. I have no regrets about the A.

Cheating on my long term girlfriend many, many years ago is the only regret I have in my life. She was wonderful, loved me better than anyone ever has or will. I was a scumbag - cheated on her, then left her because I got another girl pregnant.

I always wanted to find her and apologize. 30 years later, she found me. I apologized. Now we are having an A, we're both married to someone else. I have no regrets about the A.

So why don't you do what you have to do to be with her all the time?

You are having an A with your ex, both are married???... feel sorry for your W and her H. It's not something to be proud of.

Good question BB.

I guess cheating is easier.

Cheated on my first girlfriend after nearly eleven years together. I left. While I regret causing her pain, regret losing the stability and future plans that we had made together, on reflection that relationship was fading and wasn't meant to be, and I've found myself to be happier with other people, and getting closer to finding what I want, since then.

Split with my wife? That was already on the table after her multiple infidelities. She's still here due to finances, housing market... My wife is aware of my relationship w/MOW.

I don't have any expectation that will change anything for MOW. I don't know if she will ever split from her BH. He is not aware of our A. I have no idea where this is going, but I'm willing to take it one day at a time to find out.

You are having an A with your ex, both are married???... feel sorry for your W and her H. It's not something to be proud of.

Not proud of it. It is what it is. Don't feel sorry for my STBXWW... she did everything possible to get us here. As I mentioned above, we are splitting up. That's already a done deal, no matter what happens w/MOW.

That she is M and her BH is unaware of what's going on... I think it sucks.

If everything were as simply black and white as some people think....

I guess cheating is easier.

I can assure you, it is not. It is a selfish choice we've made, among the many choices we had over a period of time. It is difficult, not really what either of us wants over the long term, ugly, deceitful... but, for now, it is what we have chosen based on other factors and circumstances.

• Author

It's hard for me to even understand why he would do this to us and our families. It isn't like it was just something he did to me he affected other people, including children, as well.

While I am not proud of my affair I am not sure if I regret it. I don't regret ending my marriage, I don't regret my relationship with sMM, and I don't regret that my xh has found someone else and is marrying again. I am very happy for him and I was not happy with him for a long time.