The Happy Thread

It's been a while since we've had a happy thread here on the OW forum - well, one that started happy, stayed happy and wasn't closed down by the grumpy brigade :) for being happy when they feel we ought to be miserable.

So, here's a new one. The idea is for those who DO feel happy, or who have aspects of their R that bring them happiness, or for those who have happy memories of their R, or whatever, to post them here. After all, SOMETHING must be going right, surely, for you still to be in the A? :D

Anyway, I'll start with something small:

I love the way my man's eyes melt when he looks into mine, and tells me how much he loves me. :love:

wheelwright

Is happiness allowed here? Isn't it only unhappy people who take the time to hang around on LS?:laugh:

I love the way closure feels after 18 months of torment. It is only starting to take effect, but it is almost as beautiful as falling in love.

People will get it when finally with their AP, or when finally certain its over. But I think it's the most important kind of happiness for the OW/OM forum.

I am happy I have three wonderful children and a devoted passionate man.

I am happy that I am blessed in generally being a naturally happy person!

I have weathered many a storm, my husband's infidelity the most recent, but certainly not the worst of my life, and I am proud I am still strong, still standing and moving forward in my heart and my soul.

My tragedies will NOT DEFINE ME.

My happiness and the happiness in all my relationships, will!:D

Can anyone play?

I'm happy I've met so many wonderful people on LS.

I'm happy my family member with cancer is doing better.

I'm happy that I've met the love of my life, and I think he feels the same way about me.

I'm happy that the spring flowers are blooming, and I have fresh cut peonies from my garden everyday.

I'm happy that my loved ones are in (relatively) good health.

I'm happy that I have a good job.

I'm happy about the new Tiffany ring my sweetiepie bought me this weekend.

I'm happy.

I have happy memories of xMM and now we finally what seems to be the start of an real collegial relationship.

Ive suddenly become the darling of my little industry and that is making me very happy. I am fairly certain xMM had a hand in that and very surprised and happy that he is on my side despite all the water under the bridge.

Fallen Angel

I am happy that I am working my butt off these days. (So much better to get too many hours at work than not enough!)

I am happy that they are finally almost done with my new apartment! :D

I am happy that my sweet little girl is passed out next to me right now snoring away because she is exhausted from school and playing so hard at recess. :love:

I am happy that my kids are passing ALL their classes at school this year and their grades are so much better than before my divorce when we were all so miserable.

I am happy that My Sweetheart left work early in order to attend a school funcition with me for my daughter, and that when he had to leave last night to go to work he pulled out and then drove right around the block and came back. When I asked if he had forgotten something he told me he forgot more kisses. *sigh* (Yes, after all this time he still makes me sigh.) :love:

I am happy that I have Thurday night off work so I can attend an awards ceremony for my son! :bunny: (They do not have a beaming proud Momma face to put here.)

I am happy I got to see my "bestest girl friend" today, even if it wasn't for nearly long enough.

I am happy that my son is doing the laundry and cooking dinner tonight so I can just rest. *content and happy sigh* :)

crazycatlady

I'm HAPPY we had a date night this past weekend.

I'm happy that my questions come less and less, its been over a week, maybe even more since I felt the need to address things.

We both are happy that she is back to talking to us after ignoring us a month, and maybe we can work through everything so there will be no lingering issues (something important to me, not so much to him, its not often the OW tosses the MM under the bus :laugh: in a round about way to keep my post at least sorta related to the board lol). I really am happy about this. I know no one thought I should care but she's my sis. Even if she screwed up as badly as he did...I forgave him...gotta forgive her. But she's deluding herself if she thinks she's going to see me again and not have to answer my questions over this lol. He has put up with it, its only fair that she deal with her share as well.

CCL

fooled once

I guess this thread is open to anyone since the OP isn't in an affair anymore ;)

I am happily married. I have such a fantastic husband who treasures our life and does all he can to take care of me each and every day. He shows me his love through action and words. I am so blessed to be married to him and to have him with me each and every day/night. :love:

I have a fantastic son who I adore.

I can't wait to go on vacation for a week!

I get to see my 2 step kids on Friday and it has been so long since I have seen 1 of them! They live 3000 miles away and they will be joining my H and I for part of our vacation!!!!

FINALLY, things at work have turned around and my boss got his head out of his ass!! :bunny:

Fallen Angel

LMAO at the intended (and poorly disguised) digs. LMAOOOOOOOOOOO..

I am happy everyone is so yee-haw flipping happy!!! :lmao:

GreenEyedLady

I am happy and love when my H puts his arms around me at the end of the day.

And I know we've survived another round of softball practices, appointments and plays. Being parents of 5 children is busy.

I know I am right where I should be in that circle of his arms and we whisper how much we love each other and how happy we are, together.

All is right in the world.

At last.

GEL

White Flower

I am happy that I fell in love twice in my life when I least expected it the second time around. I am happy that my eldest daughter met him and adores him. I am happy, should it work out, that all my children would adore him and he them.

I am happy that I met Hopeless4U in Las Vegas this weekend. Had it not been for our affairs, I would have never met this rare gem of a human being.

People are not stupid. They don't stay in Rs if they're mostly unhappy all the time.

And for the poster that joked about not being allowed to be happy on LS it just isn't true. Most people only write in their journals or diaries when they're frustrated, angry, or sad. When we're happy, we're usually just busy living our life. Usually.

pureinheart
I am happy that I fell in love twice in my life when I least expected it the second time around. I am happy that my eldest daughter met him and adores him. I am happy, should it work out, that all my children would adore him and he them.

I am happy that I met Hopeless4U in Las Vegas this weekend. Had it not been for our affairs, I would have never met this rare gem of a human being.

People are not stupid. They don't stay in Rs if they're mostly unhappy all the time.

And for the poster that joked about not being allowed to be happy on LS it just isn't true. Most people only write in their journals or diaries when they're frustrated, angry, or sad. When we're happy, we're usually just busy living our life. Usually.

Oh man, I've got A LOT of family in Vegas...I would have gone!!! Please let me know the next time.

The last time I was on LS a bunch of us were gonna get together. I am so glad you guys met....

pureinheart

I've been under a great deal of conviction, due to the fact that recently have been extremely depressed.

Yes, there is validation for the depression as my life has completely changed in the last two years, although there is much to be grateful for, so much so that the list is way too long.

The worst is over, and the best is yet to come...

Danke shane.

pureinheart
I'm HAPPY we had a date night this past weekend.

I'm happy that my questions come less and less, its been over a week, maybe even more since I felt the need to address things.

We both are happy that she is back to talking to us after ignoring us a month, and maybe we can work through everything so there will be no lingering issues (something important to me, not so much to him, its not often the OW tosses the MM under the bus :laugh: in a round about way to keep my post at least sorta related to the board lol). I really am happy about this. I know no one thought I should care but she's my sis. Even if she screwed up as badly as he did...I forgave him...gotta forgive her. But she's deluding herself if she thinks she's going to see me again and not have to answer my questions over this lol. He has put up with it, its only fair that she deal with her share as well.

CCL

Fianally CCL...this is way cool!!!!!! (((((Hugs)))))

I am happy that my separation agreement is almost reached. My children are starting to communicate more since my stbxH has stayed out of our lives.

I am happy that my mm is sticking to his commitments and timelines to reach a decision.

I am happy I just spent an amazing hour with the man I love.

I am happy I did all the spring cleanup on my own, without feeling like my h was needed. I even cut the grass on my own!

I am happy that I am getting to a place where I enjoy time on my own. Without my H and mm.

I am so damn happy that I have amazing, loving, resilient children who have gone through more than I ever wanted them too.

FA - I am proud of you and your children too. You all deserve happiness and success in school.

White Flower
Oh man, I've got A LOT of family in Vegas...I would have gone!!! Please let me know the next time.

The last time I was on LS a bunch of us were gonna get together. I am so glad you guys met....

Darn! I should have thought of it. Next time sweetie.:cool:

I am happy that my separation agreement is almost reached. My children are starting to communicate more since my stbxH has stayed out of our lives.

I am happy that my mm is sticking to his commitments and timelines to reach a decision.

I am happy I just spent an amazing hour with the man I love.

I am happy I did all the spring cleanup on my own, without feeling like my h was needed. I even cut the grass on my own!

I am happy that I am getting to a place where I enjoy time on my own. Without my H and mm.

I am so damn happy that I have amazing, loving, resilient children who have gone through more than I ever wanted them too.

FA - I am proud of you and your children too. You all deserve happiness and success in school.

That is a damn happy post! I'm glad you're learning to be happy on your own and not relying on any man whether it be exH or MM to make you happy. Sounds like you're in a great place!

• Author
Can anyone play?

Of course anyone can play - it's the HAPPY thread!! :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

I'm happy that I only needed to spend one day in London.

I'm happy that I got enough sun to put some colour back in my cheeks.

I'm happy that I met some really nice people in London, that I will hopefully work with again in the future.

I'm happy that I didn't get lost on the Tube :)

I'm happy that one of my most bestest friends should be coming to visit soon! :love:

Just a stone's throw

I am happy about three really good things in my life right now.

Won't discuss them on a thread but suffice it to say 2 involve my H and I and one a very close family member.

But I am happy.

Thanks for this nice thread!

:) JAST

Agreed Jast, this is such a lovely thread. I read it a couple of days ago but wasn't really as happy as I usually am because of a bit of sickness, but now I'm much better and feeling positive again :)

And so:

I'm happy for the blessing of my family and friends whom, no matter what seems to happen in life, rally round amazingly. Over these last few months they have saved me from myself.

I'm happy for my career, which is really blossoming right now as fantastic new challenges and opportunities are being thrown my way.

I'm happy for the approaching summertime, which for me is the season to get out and enjoy life with those you love.

I'm happy that I did not settle for a relationship that was less than I deserved and so very stressful.

I'm happy for LS and the wisdom and support of all you guys. I honestly don't think I'd be in the same blessed position without it.

I'm happy that there is someone in my life whom has been here for a long time and is my rock. I hope I never, ever lose him.

Thank you for the thread OW :) :) :)

summerautumn

I am at peace.

I am happy that there is space around the thoughts in my head, so I can just sit and enjoy a perfect sunny morning, drinking my favorite coffee, smelling the lilacs.

I am happy to feel less attached to others' approval and disapproval, and to just be ok with both, it is not me anyway.

I am happy that I moved through the incredibly intense emotions to the other side. It is one more time proof that the monster under the bed is simply not real.

I love.

I am happy that the heart test results show I don't have heart disease (just a busted esophagus)

I am happy that we have a summer ball next week and my dress is perfect

I am happy that the sun is shining and my garden looks lovely

I am happy that Maggie, my lab puppy and her big brother Ollie are finally friends

I am happy that my son came home for a few days to see his Mum

I am happy that hubby is finishing work early and it is BBQ weather

I am happy, happy that everyone else is happy and that we can all speak as people without labels

I am very happy that I have a chocolate cream cake for my pudding

I am so happy that the antique fabric from France arrived and is perfecto!!

I am mega happy H's next tour to Afghanistan may be postponed

Happy Days to all!!

White Flower
I am at peace.

I am happy that there is space around the thoughts in my head, so I can just sit and enjoy a perfect sunny morning, drinking my favorite coffee, smelling the lilacs.

I am happy to feel less attached to others' approval and disapproval, and to just be ok with both, it is not me anyway.

I am happy that I moved through the incredibly intense emotions to the other side. It is one more time proof that the monster under the bed is simply not real.

I love.

I am happy for having met such a spiritual friend as summerautumn. :)

I am happy that I met my guru OWoman who takes all my flighty thoughts and kicks them in the ass with hard rationalizations. :laugh:

I am happy that I have had some of the most meaningful conversations in my life here at LS and have met so many friends, too many to name. :eek:

And I am happy that some of my favorite people on LS are BS. :cool:

White Flower
I am happy that the heart test results show I don't have heart disease (just a busted esophagus)

I am happy that Maggie, my lab puppy and her big brother Ollie are finally friends

I am happy, happy that everyone else is happy and that we can all speak as people without labels

Happy Days to all!!

Hope you're busted esophogus heals quickly seren!

(((seren)))

• Author

I'm happy that it's sunny today - so I can sit outside and work.

I'm happy that our elderly neighbours are coming over for dinner this evening.

I'm happy that I discovered chocolate martinis.

I'm happy that my H is such a skilled cocktail maker :)

pureinheart

Happy Days to all!!

Wow (bold), I'm happy your ok!!!!!!!!!! The esophagus will get fixed also, right????

Edited by pureinheart