I have been lurking a little while, and have only met a couple OM over on the Infidelity section. Are there not that many here at LS? I am a former OM still in "recovery" so to speak....

• Author
What are you looking for? A tally? Or just advice or support?

Well, honestly, I was disturbed by the "one size fits all" attitude towards Om and Ow un the thread that I was involved with. Specifically "that ALL OM are blood sucking Vampires". So I guess I am looking for a little validation that even though I was at "fault" for my part "at a certain point" of the affair, but at the beginning, I was "normal"...

White Flower
Well, honestly, I was disturbed by the "one size fits all" attitude towards Om and Ow un the thread that I was involved with. Specifically "that ALL OM are blood sucking Vampires". So I guess I am looking for a little validation that even though I was at "fault" for my part "at a certain point" of the affair, but at the beginning, I was "normal"...

That is so interesting. Usually we hear that the OW 'lured MM away' from the W. The truth is, all MPs make the firm decision to cheat. It's all about free will and choices.

Hi Ima Texan!

I know that being the OP can be a lonely existence. Curious by what you meant by "normal" in the beginning.

• Author
Hi Ima Texan!

I know that being the OP can be a lonely existence. Curious by what you meant by "normal" in the beginning.

I guess what I meant by "normal" is that I met a woman, who was "in a marriage that was ending, one foot out the door, blah, blah, blah". But, she wasn't.

TEx, My story is about the same. My MW has been leaving her husband for over three years now. They have now "reconciled", and she texts, e-mails and calls several times a week to get back together with me. JEEEEEEZUS. BTW, I'm a Texan, too.:)

• Author
Oh my goodness are all the OM Texans?:eek:

Just kidding.:laugh:

Seems that a way, maam!

"all my exes line in Texas....."

WF, that doesn't say much for us, does it. Either we're way dumber, or way hotter, in Texas.:laugh:

Fallen Angel

Welcome to the board, Texan. You are not alone, while the mahority of us here are OW or BW you are welcome here.

And I understand perfectly what you mean by just a man who fell in love with a woman, that is how my relationship with my Sweetheart started. I was just a woman who fell in love with a man. That is how I still view myself. I spent a time lamenting what a "horrible, evil" person I was until I remembered that about myself. Now I accept that while it isn't perfect, i am still just a woman in love with a man, who is in love with me.

Try not to beat yourself up too badly, there are plenty of people here willing to do that for you. Take the advice that you think will work for you, ignore the rest and settle in, cause it gets bumpy from time to time. But you have found a good place to be and I, for one, am glad you are here.

Fallen Angel
WF, that doesn't say much for us, does it. Either we're way dumber, or way hotter, in Texas.:laugh:

Hey Joe, let's go with way hotter!! My Sweetheart is a native Texan, too! :love:

Tex, Fallen Angel is one of the good ones. I haven't been here long , but she seems a real Angel (forget about the "fallen", part).:)

Fallen Angel
Tex, Fallen Angel is one of the good ones. I haven't been here long , but she seems a real Angel (forget about the "fallen", part).:)

Awwwwwwwww :o

• Author

I don't understand why 2 hours of posts were removed from my thread?? Some of the people here showed their true colors and "poof" its all gone.. I've seen this in my lurking, so as I said in my last post here (that is now gone) I don't think this is the place for me... Its too bad, I was hoping for more. I was simply asking if there were some OM stories I could relate to.

Edited by Ima Texan
White Flower
I don't understand why 2 hours of posts were removed from my thread?? Some of the people here showed their true colors and "poof" its all gone.. I've seen this in my lurking, so as I said in my last post here (that is now gone) I don't think this is the place for me... Its too bad, I was hoping for more. I was simply asking if there were some OM stories I could relate to.

Ima Texan,

it is very rare to see OM and MM posting here. Generally, (I said generally:)) men don't communicate and open up like women do. It is in their nature to keep their feelings to themselves unfortunately. But I would like to see them post more often as well.

Oh, and THANK YOU mods for doing your job. Mean people need to spend their time elsewhere.

Fallen Angel

They removed the posts that were rude and off-topic, and the ones in which the rude remarks were quoted.

I had also left you a post asking you to not allow one person's bad behaviour cloud how you view LS. Things like that do happen. People known as "trolls" will stop by with no intent other than to be hateful and ugly to OW/OM and occasionally to the BW as well. Hateful posts are a violation of the agreement we made when we join the site, so they are removed if they are reported.

I for one hope that you change your mind and stay.

Sometimes, things said here are hurtful, but for the most part, people here post genuine feelings, and try to offer support, even if sometimes that is stated in a manner that we do not want to hear.

Please stay. LS can be a helpful place for someone who wants to heal, but can sometimes stand tough-love from the group.

(((hugs)))

Just a stone's throw

Tex,

I hope that you will consider staying. Have been on the site since early March and find it very helpful in my situation. I have received much advice some harder to take than others but it's always thought provoking and a good balance so that it's not just me in my own head with a one-sided view. Even those with stronger opinions (and less popular in my view) have something that I can glean from their posts.

Good luck!

• Author

I think at best I will just keep lurking for a while, see if any OM stories pop up. I have come a long way in my recovery, but still have a long way to go. I have a lot of worries moving forward for myself. I know I will be ok, but I am sure pooped...

I think at best I will just keep lurking for a while, see if any OM stories pop up.

Mine should have popped up. And in fact, your thread was the one that pushed me over the edge to actually go ahead and post here.

I have come a long way in my recovery, but still have a long way to go. I have a lot of worries moving forward for myself.

Interesting phrase at the end there...

ps. Not from Texas - but spent the last 13 yrs in another pretty big state to the west...

• Author

Thanks for the replies guys. I have been doing some digging too and found a couple of interesting stories. Movingfwd, why was my post "interesting"?

Anyway, basically my story is that I am post affair, a many year affair, in which I believed we would end up together but we didn't, and now what do I do? So many lives affected, and we all know what a "small world" this can be....