How many posters are actually BWs/BHs

Savannahruby

I'm getting the feeling that there a A LOT of posers here, i.e. women and men who are staunch believers in marriage as an institution and are angry because they have been betrayed.

I am willing to be wrong, though. ;)

Savannahruby

I don't think they are posing :laugh:, I think for the most part majority of the people that respond/post here are BS's. The OP don't seem to post or respond regularly b/c they are attacked for the most part. I haven't seen this lately but when I was just lurking around I saw a lot of it, of course this is JMO.

See the meet & greet thread, everyone lays it out as to which camp they hail from. It's been my impression that the BS's do tend to post more than the OW's. Sometimes they can come off harsh, other times they can be very helpful with perspective. Hear them out.

bentnotbroken

I am a FBS and in no way am I bitter. I do believe in the covenant of marriage, between a man, woman and God. And no I don't believe in marriage being an institution.

bentnotbroken
Marriage is a great institution, but I'm not ready for an institution. ~Mae West

I have to agree with Ms. West. I tried marriage once many years ago, and my thought on that is "once a philosopher, twice a pervert".

What does God have to do with something that was constructed by humans? Where do you get off being a know-it-all about God. :rolleyes:

Savannahruby

:confused::confused:?????:confused::confused: What are you talking about. You asked a question and I responded with my opinion. Sheesh, get your panties out of the wad that is irritating you?

LucreziaBorgia

I've been cheated on before, but I've cheated and helped others cheat far, far more.

bentnotbroken
Nice way to avoid answering. Really, what does God have to do with something humans constructed, i.e., marriage? Too afraid to answer...?

Savannahruby:laugh:

Are you daft? I said I believe in a covenant marriage between a man a woman and God. Not the social construct that allows for nothing more than a business. It is the same as the social constructs of race, gender and class....it's just a big old pile of crap.

bentnotbroken
I have never seen covenant used like this: "covenant marriage". I have never seen "covenant" used as an adjective.

I think you are talking out of both sides of your mouth rather than answer the question.

Savannahruby

p.s. you might want to look up the word covenantal, embarrassed for you.

Since it is clear you are a child, I will leave you to the silliness. I have never seen the people of New Guinea either, do they not exist. There is no reason for me to have a conversation with you about a God you clearly don't believe in. By the way, I never said you should believe as I do. I think that is part of being an adult about differences.

I think the word you were trying to use is "CONVENTIONAL". It means established by convention or custom. Not natural, spontaneous or unusual.

The word I did use and intended to use(and was also spelled correctly) was "COVENANT". Which means a formal, binding agreement entered into by 2 or more persons or parties. In the Bible God's promises to mankind.

Marriage is a great institution, but I'm not ready for an institution. ~Mae West

I have to agree with Ms. West. I tried marriage once many years ago, and my thought on that is "once a philosopher, twice a pervert".

What does God have to do with something that was constructed by humans? Where do you get off being a know-it-all about God. :rolleyes:

Savannahruby

Okay, oh great wise one. Please educate us all about the writhing weaknesses of life and the delusion that we are all chumps. I'll be listening with the heart of an angel. You can mock love. You can mock devotion. You can mock your life and the lives of others. It doesn't make it real... it doesn't make it a universal reality. It doesn't... because as long as I don't buy into it... it isn't real to me. I believe in my heavenly father. I believe in being good true and beautiful. That is my life. I don't know why you need to cast stones at others for the beauty they see in their own lives. What happened to you that you no longer believe in love?

What was the point of this thread? To call out the BSs and insult them?

Real classy.

:rolleyes:

SR

Don't you think that in some circumstances, a BS might actually have a valid opinion that may be of use to the OW/OM in gaining some perspective on their situation?

I am a OW.... and don't always agree with the BS here ( they will atest to that)

But I am wondering what the problem is?

Do you think they are hiding who they are?? I could understand your interest or desire to know how many are hiding... but these ladies that you are dueling with ( have no idea why) are BS that are not afraid to share that and are not here on false pretense.

I have had a go with almost all of them at one time or another.....BUT, I think overall we still remain respectful and my biggest beef with them is not judging others for their opinions or equally important religious/marriage views.

So... Ruby...how about you give that a go?

:rolleyes:

I am NOT a BS.

I am a fOW to a MM (I was NOT married during the A).

I call it like I see it.

I strongly believe in marriage and have little respect for people who choose to solve their marital issues with cheating.

Seems like this thread was started to antagonize and the OP continues to do that. Why?

So what did you learn from my post?

No kidding

Glad you found what you were looking for, however simply reading their responses or a few of their posts would have done the same without the judgement or passing of your views on marriage/religion, etc.

Not like most hide what side of the fence they are on.

bentnotbroken

Yes, please do read the thread closely. I answered the questions that was asked. I stated MY OPINION. Didn't tell anyone they were wrong, didn't say convert, didn't say anything other than ;

I am a FBS and in no way am I bitter. I do believe in the covenant of marriage, between a man, woman and God. And no I don't believe in marriage being an institution.

There was nothing that I said that was attacking anyone or their belief system. Unlike this post which attacked me for answering the question that was posed;

Savannahruby

No where did I say I knew it all...If I live a 100 more years, I would never know everything there is to know about God. But I am trying to know as much as I can until HE says time is up.

As I posted: I don't believe in marriage. I, me, I don't believe in marriage. How does that equate to me judging others who do believe in marriage. Am I not allowed to post that I don't believe in marriage without that being misconstrued as judgement upon those who do?

It is okay to post one does believe in marriage at this site, but not okay to post that one doesn't believe in marriage? :confused:

Savannahruby

Actually I am referring to your response to both Gamine and Bent

IMO, condescending and out of line.

Ruby

No one can tell you how to introduce yourself here.... obviously. And I have had 'words" or disagreements with many but how about you actually post a bit, get to know them and if by chance they have an opinion regarding a post. or view of yours...discuss that on the merits

I just thinking coming in assuming or wanting to know "who you will get good advice from"... isn't going to help you much.

I don't always agree with the BS, but that doesn't mean we have not agreed or I haven't learned from them on occasion.

And also... had they been rude to you directly, many would have jumped on them...both BS and OW.

Devil Inside

Well Savannah...starting off with a bang I see....lol

I have been a BS and most recently a MM in an A.

I do believe in the covenant of marriage, between a man, woman and God.

Where do you get off being a know-it-all about God.

It would seem to me that BNB just responded to your original post but you then made a personal attack. This forum is about everybody being able to express their opinion without the need for petty, childish responses like this. If you don't like/want a BS responding to your posts, move to another forum.

GreenEyedLady
Perhaps it's that lofty perch upon which you position yourself while you chirp platitudes that I responded to with irreverence.

You are the one who brought God into it. Without posting whether or not I believed in God, you posted this:

"There is no reason for me to have a conversation with you about a God you clearly don't believe in."

After you had summed me up, you posted in as snarky a manner as possible, how I am not fit to touch the ground you walk on (the ground meaning this site, of course) and assured me that you would not be further bothered with me.

BTW, why are you still here. You wrote me off as silly and childish a long time ago. Again, embarrassed for you. :o

Savannahruby

I am wondering why YOU are still here.

There is no logical sequence in your posts. You go from your original post asking a semi-legitimate question to baiting and fighting with two posters whose arguments are far more thought out than yours.

The one you should be embarrassed for is yourself.

Perhaps you should take that chip off your shoulder and you just might learn something.

GEL

:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny: (always wanted to use those!)

What she said.

There is no logical sequence in your posts. You go from your original post asking a semi-legitimate question to baiting and fighting with two posters whose arguments are far more thought out than yours.

Perhaps you should take that chip off your shoulder and you just might learn something.

GEL

bentnotbroken
Perhaps it's that lofty perch upon which you position yourself while you chirp platitudes that I responded to with irreverence.

You are the one who brought God into it. Without posting whether or not I believed in God, you posted this:

"There is no reason for me to have a conversation with you about a God you clearly don't believe in."

After you had summed me up, you posted in as snarky a manner as possible, how I am not fit to touch the ground you walk on (the ground meaning this site, of course) and assured me that you would not be further bothered with me.

BTW, why are you still here. You wrote me off as silly and childish a long time ago. Again, embarrassed for you. :o

Savannahruby

Did you pull that one out of your Goddess Bible?

You are right I did bring God into my conversation. I don't know what other way to come from. Again you posted the above "Goddess Bible" thing. To refer to Goddess gives a connotation of that's what you believe. Since I never mentioned the word Goddess. I said nothing about you being fit or walking on any ground. I never named this site or any other. I can't make that call. I don't know what you are reading, but it is clear that having a conversation about something that so obviously irritates you, is a waste of both our times. If you don't want me to respond to your threads, sorry, public forum and if I find a post I would like to respond to, I plan to do it. If you don't want real answers from BS, don't ask. Even the AP and XAP find what you did a bit over the top. And they have been here far longer than you. Don't be embarrassed for me...I am good with every word I type.

Anyone who has been here for any length of time(or those who look at old post)no I don't apologize unless I feel I have done something wrong, and I don't apologize for my beliefs or stating them. That chip you have must really be heavy. You came in looking for a fight and there was no need for that. I took it you were asking a sincere question. As you said, I now know the minefield that you have set.

bentnotbroken

GEL

We crossed posts. I agree there is a very angry person behind that keyboard.