falling in love with brother in law.

scared_hope

i just read a question on yahoo answers where a girl fell in love with her brother in law(sisters husband) and now she's understanding how hard its going to be to be with him. But they both want to be together. Theyve been keeping their love a secret for about 3 years, but they would do anything for eachother. (her question was about the baby their having together cuz she got pregnant) My questions are: do you think that everything is all fair in love and war? Is she just being selfish? Do you think that love blinds you into making stupid choices? Do you believe that fate is in control of all of us, and therefore there is nothing she could do to stop her love for him even if she wanted too?

It's just that this story shocked me and i want to know your opinions on this.

Chrome Barracuda

That sister is going to hell... I'm sorry, but that's your flesh and blood where do you draw the line between right and wrong?

Untouchable_Fire
i just read a question on yahoo answers where a girl fell in love with her brother in law(sisters husband) and now she's understanding how hard its going to be to be with him. But they both want to be together. Theyve been keeping their love a secret for about 3 years, but they would do anything for eachother. (her question was about the baby their having together cuz she got pregnant) My questions are: do you think that everything is all fair in love and war? No Is she just being selfish? Yes Do you think that love blinds you into making stupid choices? No Do you believe that fate is in control of all of us, and therefore there is nothing she could do to stop her love for him even if she wanted too? No

And this story has no bearing on your life?

Some people just feel the rules don't apply to them.

This story really impressed me and I really don't know what to say:confused:I just think love is to feeling a new big deep sight when u really don't see,I don't think she is selfish,man was created to love all the other creations and the brother is the nearest,I believe we make our destiny and I also think a real love doesn't belon to sex!!!:confused:

Chrome Barracuda
This story really impressed me and I really don't know what to say:confused:I just think love is to feeling a new big deep sight when u really don't see,I don't think she is selfish,man was created to love all the other creations and the brother is the nearest,I believe we make our destiny and I also think a real love doesn't belon to sex!!!:confused:

Y'all women are naive and stupid to believe it. and y'all fall for it 90% of the damn time. Y'all let your fellings take control of you blinding you to the obvious truth. but hey 'yall feelings is what is most important right?

bentnotbroken

To love what? Pain, anger, stupidity.

signedin2008
i just read a question on yahoo answers where a girl fell in love with her brother in law(sisters husband) and now she's understanding how hard its going to be to be with him. But they both want to be together. Theyve been keeping their love a secret for about 3 years, but they would do anything for eachother. (her question was about the baby their having together cuz she got pregnant) My questions are: do you think that everything is all fair in love and war? Is she just being selfish? Do you think that love blinds you into making stupid choices? Do you believe that fate is in control of all of us, and therefore there is nothing she could do to stop her love for him even if she wanted too?

I wonder what her and YOUR IQs are. :D

You can't really help who you fall in love with. If I'm understanding this correctly:

Sister is married to Husband. The person in question is in love with Husband's brother. There is no direct blood relation between the woman in question and the husband's brother. I don't really see a huge problem here. I know of 2 couples off hand that have a relationship similar to what you are speaking. If in the end they don't work out yes there would be awkwardness at say family gatherings, but it wouldn't be a huge deal.

I'm just not quite understanding what all the fuss is?

Chrome Barracuda
You can't really help who you fall in love with. If I'm understanding this correctly:

Sister is married to Husband. The person in question is in love with Husband's brother. There is no direct blood relation between the woman in question and the husband's brother. I don't really see a huge problem here. I know of 2 couples off hand that have a relationship similar to what you are speaking. If in the end they don't work out yes there would be awkwardness at say family gatherings, but it wouldn't be a huge deal.

Huh??? Brother in law as in her sister's husband!!!! That's what I'm seeing. He'd be her sister's husband's brother.

You ABSOLUTELY can help who you fall in love with.

You can't help who you're ATTRACTED to...I'll grant that.

But love doesn't form unless you feed the attraction...unless you deliberately allow the relationship to grow by deliberately interacting with the object of your attraction on an emotional/personal level.

See the difference? That's why affairs are NEVER "an accident" or "just happened".

whichwayisup
Sister is married to Husband. The person in question is in love with Husband's brother

Sister's husband IS the brother in law - Not the brother of the husband. She's inlove with her sisters husband (aka BIL).

Anyway what a messy situation to be in.. Yuck!

Huh??? Brother in law as in her sister's husband!!!! That's what I'm seeing. He'd be her sister's husband's brother.

Ahh I see. I was wondering why this was in the OM/OW forum. Ya theres a problem then for sure heh :) I had thought the person was in love with sister's husband's brother. Sorry for the confusion.

You ABSOLUTELY can help who you fall in love with.

You can't help who you're ATTRACTED to...I'll grant that.

But love doesn't form unless you feed the attraction...unless you deliberately allow the relationship to grow by deliberately interacting with the object of your attraction on an emotional/personal level.

See the difference? That's why affairs are NEVER "an accident" or "just happened".

What a great post this is, explaining it so very well. I wish I could cut and paste this post and send it by email to my H, but I am afraid his first impulse would be to google it and find Owl's post, and search the site, and find ME! Then his narcissistic side would turn revengeful and he would focus on obliterating me... I already see in the last couple of weeks he has completely stopped phoning me at night (when he returns from his pub visits) to feed on me to fulfill his emotional needs... which is indicative that he is possibly, once more, engaging in another affair...

Thus his N side is having his ego stroked and his need for admiration fed by another 'supply' source, and should he see me and my posts in here, telling the LS board about his escapades, I think he would explode in rage.

Ah, pity... because I would so like for him to read Owl's explanation which would elucidate how H's falling in love with his last OW was not inescapable, but came about as a direct effect of H pouring six months of attention into her beforehand, and offering her advice and warnings about all those other MM 'wolves' who might only have been trying to get into her panties, unlike HIM who was special (cuz he was a 'happily married man')... but of course, as he declared to me -- he couldn't help 'falling in love with her' could he?:mad:

theycallmeprincess

I honestly don't think we can help who we fall in love with (or least the emotions/feelings we equate to be love), however we definitely can chose how we act/respond to these feelings.

BTW, I don't care who you are or where you are from Y'all is NOT a word!!

signedin2008
Uh, why, because she asked a relevant question on a board that is exactly about the topic she has presented? Because she is asking people's opinion's on the topic in the article she read?

Or because your IQ is too low for you to be able to understand that, or to ever give useful comments on any thread, anywhere? You are reprehensible.

You have been reported.