Is he serious?????????????

hello everybody. I wanted your take on this. My MM took me out for my birthday lastnight. We actually had a great time, but while we drove home we had the "Are you honestly ever going to leave you wife?" discussion. Well, the end result was not now. I then told him that I would have to begin to date others. He actually said that he understood because at this point he could not give me what I want. He said that if that is what I wanted, he does not like it, that I should, but that I should not let him know. He said that It would hurt him too much.

GreenEyedLady
hello everybody. I wanted your take on this. My MM took me out for my birthday lastnight. We actually had a great time, but while we drove home we had the "Are you honestly ever going to leave you wife?" discussion. Well, the end result was not now. I then told him that I would have to begin to date others. He actually said that he understood because at this point he could not give me what I want. He said that if that is what I wanted, he does not like it, that I should, but that I should not let him know. He said that It would hurt him too much.

I'm sorry this happened on your birthday...:(

How do you feel about him? How long have you been together? Are you in it for the "long haul" or are you ready to end it?

Either way, you need to go out and date...You've told him you're going to and you need to follow through or it sets the stage for him not believing what you say you're going to do and then they're just empty threats...

I'll wait to see what else you have to say before I say anymore...

Happy Late Birthday by the way!:bunny::bunny::bunny:

P.S. FYI: You should save those talks so they don't fall around holidays or birthdays or any other day of significance...

My MM and I had the dating conversation about 2 years ago but I don't do it much. He told me he can't hold me back from it and it's not fair for him to. It wasn't easy in the beginning for either of us but you should do it I think.

Are you serious? He is married... you are single... and he wants YOU to be faithful... you got to be kidding me... What a jerk!

He wants his own 'harem'... LOL

Never mind him... no need to ask permission.. come on... you're old enough to make your own decisions about YOUR life...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Author

Well, we have been together for almost two years. I sometimes think I can actually see myself being his mistress for the next 10 years. I do love hime very much. He is what I always wanted in a partner, well other than being married. I know i should date others, but I guess I just do not want to.

• Author

My husband and I do not live in the same town. He works about 2 hours away, and lives another hour away from work. We do not see eachother very often, and when he does come in, I want hinm to be with our children. He will be going overseas by the end of the year. I want to be with someone wfo wants to be with me. So, all I really want is one. Where is he?

I am married to. We are actually still married for financial reasons...
Every married woman who I've ever met who wanted to play said the same thing... ...still married for financial reasons...
  • Author

My husband affords me the ability to be home for my children. I can take them to school, go on field trip, have the house clean, prepare their meals, pick them up from school, do homework with them , play with them, and put them to bed. If I left, I would not have that.

GreenEyedLady

I can't really help you...it's out of my expertise...

It just seems to me that you have to be dependent on someone and it might be a better idea for you to become independent...

why is it so hard to believe he is serious? He told you he couldn't leave his wife and if you need to date others...so be it.

So whats the problem?

You're married too.. then why would you want to date other guys? How many do you need?

:confused:

You of all people are asking her this question?

My husband affords me the ability to be home for my children. I can take them to school, go on field trip, have the house clean, prepare their meals, pick them up from school, do homework with them , play with them, and put them to bed. If I left, I would not have that.

Well boo hoo. Your husband sounds like a great guy and busts his ass to do the right thing for his family. And you have the nerve to do this to him?

Just divorce him and quit being so damn selfish. He deserves better than to be taken advantage of this by you.

• Author

I know that her is serious, but I guess that it floors me to hear him say these things. But, I guess the best thing to do is date someone new. Who knows what will happen.

GreenEyedLady
I know that her is serious, but I guess that it floors me to hear him say these things. But, I guess the best thing to do is date someone new. Who knows what will happen.

I probably shouldn't even go there but: why do you want to cheat on your H? Do you want to end the M?

I'm just asking questions, not trying to do anything more than find out your mindset...

Love4Eternity

If you were actually single i would say date because he is married he isnt able to devote himself to you 100% but since your married I would say just leave well enough alone..its risky enough to have a husband and be with a mm let alone be married, be with a mm and date...

I was a stay at home mom too and staying for financial reason among other reasons but i put my foot down last week and went and got a job and my husband isnt too happy about it but owe well i need my independance and I can still be a mother to my kids as well....good luck with what ever you decide to do

• Author

I no longer love my husband the way that I should. Our relationship has been strained for over 12 years. With my MM i saw the way I should be treated. I want someone to come home to me at night and want to share a bed with me. I want someone who will share with me. I wish I felt for my husband the way that I should, but I do not.

• Author

I do not want a job outside the home. Not just now. I have actually thought about going back to school, but with my husband going over seas, I do not know. I am having such a hard time with one of my children, I think time taken away from hisschool activities,or him knowing that I am always there may upset him. I actually had a job for a few months this year, and my children did not like that fact that I was unable to be there for them at all times.

I no longer love my husband the way that I should. Our relationship has been strained for over 12 years. With my MM i saw the way I should be treated. I want someone to come home to me at night and want to share a bed with me. I want someone who will share with me. I wish I felt for my husband the way that I should, but I do not.

I know how you feel and what you mean... but remember that you're not "living" with this MM... you only see him under his best behaviour...

• Author

You are right. I guess that it seems that I do know him well because we have a short but brief history prior to me getting married.

GreenEyedLady
I do not want a job outside the home. Not just now. I have actually thought about going back to school, but with my husband going over seas, I do not know. I am having such a hard time with one of my children, I think time taken away from hisschool activities,or him knowing that I am always there may upset him. I actually had a job for a few months this year, and my children did not like that fact that I was unable to be there for them at all times.

How old are your children?

I think that you going back to school is a fabulous idea...

I think that it is time that your child is introduced to the fact that Mommy loves him very much, but also has a life of her own...

I have two children and I went to school since before they were born until last year...We're talking 9 years of university level education...By showing them education is important to you, they're much more likely to go on to get a college education as well...

If going back to school is really a goal of yours, go for it! Don't put it on your children for them being the reason you didn't go back to school...

• Author

My children are 5years and 8years old. I am going to find out about a part-time schedule.

GreenEyedLady
My children are 5years and 8years old. I am going to find out about a part-time schedule.

Some universities offer an evening college that is a part-time schedule, with full-time credit or some are even web-based...Check it out...