On the infidelity board

I have read so many times on this board that OW don't go over to the infidelity board and insult BW, so why are the BW here with our opinion. Well, I had some time today to go read the infidelity board and anyone who has said that OW aren't over there bashing BW are full of it. I just read one where the BW were called pathetic. It's no different there than it is here.

Once again, a few OW holding BW to a higher standard. Not that I mind that, but the fact is, OW do go to the infidelity forum and they do voice their opinions and they should have no problem when the BW come here and do the same. Open forum, free speech so don't be so disappointed when you get harsh reality here from the BW, because you sure give it on "our" board.

annabelle75
I have read so many times on this board that OW don't go over to the infidelity board and insult BW, so why are the BW here with our opinion. Well, I had some time today to go read the infidelity board and anyone who has said that OW aren't over there bashing BW are full of it. I just read one where the BW were called pathetic. It's no different there than it is here.

Once again, a few OW holding BW to a higher standard. Not that I mind that, but the fact is, OW do go to the infidelity forum and they do voice their opinions and they should have no problem when the BW come here and do the same. Open forum, free speech so don't be so disappointed when you get harsh reality here from the BW, because you sure give it on "our" board.

Time to let it go. You're putting way too much time and effort into justifying whats been going on here. Its starting to reach a point of it just being pathetic around here. Go pick a fight some where else. We're done.

• Author

Actually, if you read my posts, I don't fight. This is just an answer to the many posts and statements that OW don't go there. I have found that those statements are simply not true and hopefully this will put an end to OW telling BW that they don't belong here.

• Author
My apologies, however this is probably a pointless argument.

Sorry If it sounds like an argument. It's more a clarification about a fact that has been stated on this board many times that is not true.

And if it's pointless, why are there so many threads about it started by OW?

IfWishesWereHorses

HN,

I mentioned that twice on the other board but it wasn't responded to. It wasn't about how well we treat each other, it was that only certain people deserve respect, if they are ugly then others should take the high road.

I wonder whether these same people tell their kids that it is ok to treat people however they like in their back yard.

It was then pointed out to me that you can't argue logic with someone who it does not behoove to see it.

Probably a better place for this would have been infidelity. The game is bait and switch. Ask the question on OW/OM of BS's, then call them over and blast them for being there.

• Author
HN,

I mentioned that twice on the other board but it wasn't responded to. It wasn't about how well we treat each other, it was that only certain people deserve respect, if they are ugly then others should take the high road.

I wonder whether these same people tell their kids that it is ok to treat people however they like in their back yard.

It was then pointed out to me that you can't argue logic with someone who it does not behoove to see it.

Probably a better place for this would have been infidelity. The game is bait and switch. Ask the question on OW/OM of BS's, then call them over and blast them for being there.

I see what you are saying, but I just wanted to point out to those who say "we never go there", how false that statement is.

What I should have done is posted this as a reply to one of the threads where this is being discussed. My bad.

I know as well as you that this could kick off an argument. I think both BW and OW are just packed with pain and termoil, some lash out, some dont.

Here is a question I want answered. Why dont BW and OW just kick these douchebag guys right in the nuts. For heavens sakes, this guy jerks them around for years in some cases, and they get mad at each other. Makes no sense to me.

annabelle75
Actually, if you read my posts, I don't fight. This is just an answer to the many posts and statements that OW don't go there. I have found that those statements are simply not true and hopefully this will put an end to OW telling BW that they don't belong here.

Ummm ....... no. The percentage of posts in this forum from BS is like 10 times more than the OM/OW posting in the Infidelity forum. There isn't even a comparison. And those that have gone in and made attacking remarks to the BS I believe are wrong and don't belong there.

So .... my position still stands. If you are a BS and come into this forum to attack or pass judgement, than you don't belong here. Two wrongs don't make a right. Nice try.

• Author
Ummm ....... no. The percentage of posts in this forum from BS is like 10 times more than the OM/OW posting in the Infidelity forum. There isn't even a comparison. And those that have gone in and made attacking remarks to the BS I believe are wrong and don't belong there.

So .... my position still stands. If you are a BS and come into this forum to attack or pass judgement, than you don't belong here. Two wrongs don't make a right. Nice try.

Once again, I was just correcting those who say that OW never go voice their opinion on the infidelity forum. I don't think anyone's opinion is wrong. Everyone is entitled to live their lives how ever they want and to voice their opinions in an open forum. I can only voice my own opinion and that is all I have ever done here. There are mods here at LS that do a good job when things get out of hand.

• Author
I know as well as you that this could kick off an argument. I think both BW and OW are just packed with pain and termoil, some lash out, some dont.

Here is a question I want answered. Why dont BW and OW just kick these douchebag guys right in the nuts. For heavens sakes, this guy jerks them around for years in some cases, and they get mad at each other. Makes no sense to me.

Good point. If I had time, I'd answer that question for you from my point of view, but kids are home from camp and I'm going to sign off now. If you read some of my posts, you may get an answer. If not, I would be happy to answer when I have more time.

IfWishesWereHorses

I don't believe that percentages were mention, and if you are going to use statistical data, please confirm it. How many BS's posting on either forum, how many OW, pecentage of bashing post per poster compared to totals? Lots of statistics being thrown around lately. And you are correct, two wrongs do not make a right any more than one wrong makes a right but we have established that right and wrong are not allowable arguments on this forum.

annabelle75
I don't believe that percentages were mention, and if you are going to use statistical data, please confirm it. How many BS's posting on either forum, how many OW, pecentage of bashing post per poster compared to totals? Lots of statistics being thrown around lately. And you are correct, two wrongs do not make a right any more than one wrong makes a right but we have established that right and wrong are not allowable arguments on this forum.

:rolleyes:

I only go to ONE place... 'New Posts' I rarely look what forum it is...

So it really doesn't matter... it's a free world...

If BS and OW go into 'each other's' forum... so be it.

There is no 'regulations' about who's forum it is... and who can post where... geeezzzzz :rolleyes:

"There is no "regulations' about who's forum it is"

Truer words never spoken.

HN isn't trying to make an argument, she's simply pointing out that the pot is calling the kettle black....again

we have established that right and wrong are not allowable arguments on this forum.

I don't understand. Who is "we"?? And if right/wrong are not allowable arguments, then why do you keep making them?

Love4Eternity

I havent been over here long enough to know whats going on between boards but I think people should be able to go to what ever board they wish to and express themselves but the kind of person I am I prefer to do it politely and not cause problems with others. Personally being the OW and being a MW myself with a MM, I tend to sympathize with the MM wives although at the same time, I cannot turn on and off my feelings for someone either. Its just to hard to do...I might go over there and see whats going on when I get use to this place...

hmm this is a tad generalised because what about OW who may have been BW's themselves 10- 15 years ago. Sure we know the pain of the BW .we've been there..

Unfortunately though, i later failed to see or chose to ignore the big flashing neon light that said.. "Don't listen to a married mans lies".

Squabbling over who is allowed to post where doesn't really help anyone here ..JMO

PoshPrincess
I havent been over here long enough to know whats going on between boards but I think people should be able to go to what ever board they wish to and express themselves but the kind of person I am I prefer to do it politely and not cause problems with others.

My sentiments exactly. I have no problems whatsoever with the BS posting on the OM/OW forum. I value everyone's opinion. It's the judgemental bashing I can't stand. I feel that if we are going to give our POV on another board do it in as nice a way as possible.

Impudent Oyster

When it comes to infidelity and the "proper" forum to voice opinions, I think all bets are off.

If people don't want to hear about how gut-wrenching or damaging affairs can be, they don't have the stomach to enter into one.

Seriously, do they think it's a day at the beach to participate in the destruction of a marriage?

I do think that it is inappropriate for someone that is currently in the middle of an A to go into one of the "just found out" kind of threads on the Infidelity board.

I typically don't post on the OW threads where they are hurting from finding out that their prince was a frog, or that their story really was just as typical as the others (even the long term ones 2+ years have been dumped following d-day), because at some point something I say may be taken the wrong way. In fact, in a recent thread it was. I said "let it go" and was accused of being mean-spirited when I would have said that to someone holding on to the pain of the A too. "Let it go" is far better than "Get over it".

The only real problem I would have with folks posting on the infidelity forum is if they took the line that the betrayed was at fault for the WS cheating (be they an OP or not). That's just rude and insensitive and down right mean.

I don't have a problem with coming here. Its quite entertaining most days. But it does get very monotonous, different posters with similar stories.