raise your hand if you are a OM/OW

I am genuinely curious to see how many of the regular posters in this forum are actually OM/OW. If you are or have been in the past, please post here. If not, please don't. This is not a thread to discuss who should be posting in this forum and who shouldn't. I am really just curious who the actual OM/OW posters are. I think their posts some times get buried amoungst those that aren't.

and have been for the last 4 years (except once before from age 15 to 24, with my first ex)...

• Author
and have been for the last 4 years (except once before from age 15 to 24, with my first ex)...

greetings

only one post so far. i'm really curious to see how many posters here actually are OM/OW. since i've been here i've noticed they they seem to be in the minority.

torranceshipman

There are loads of OWs that post on here-absolutely loads!! But I think its good that some BS post here too - OutOFDarkness for example, adds some really insightful stuff to the threads.

I think that if you are new here, a lot of people who really care, and who used to be OWs, or still are, really want to help open your eyes and there's a lot of 'tough love' that goes on, but it is all designed to really help you get out of a bad situation...

I used to be an OW (altho the MM lied about his situation, and I ended it quickly afterwards)

Been one in the VERY distant past as have others (BSs and OPs alike) But me not to a married guy. He was engaged and I, well, I was EXTREMELY underage.

torranceshipman

p.s. and to add to my previous post...it was advice from LSers (some of it harsh) that opened my eyes, and got me out of a bad situation very quick...I'm amazed at how similar so many of these MM's are and how they virtually say exactly the same things to every OW...quite shocking really!

• Author
:) Where's the smiley with the arm raised???

lol that would be useful

I think its important for people who come here to post about their issues to know who is either currently in the same situation or once was. No offense to those that have never been a OM/OW, but it some times easier to take advice from some one that has first hand experience in their situation and point of view.

LucreziaBorgia

Been OW many times over the years, but not recently and certainly not ever again. I was always the "Lizzie" type though, in that I was sexually involved but not emotionally. I was probably the worst sort, come to think of it. Can't say I'm too proud of it.

Been OW many times over the years, but not recently and certainly not ever again. I was always the "Lizzie" type though, in that I was sexually involved but not emotionally. I was probably the worst sort, come to think of it. Can't say I'm too proud of it.

Ahh, Lucrezia ... but you’re beautiful. In a heterosexual sisterly sort of way OF COURSE! :laugh:

It reminds me of an old saying I once heard:

“No calm sea has ever produced a good mariner.”

I was the OW until about a month ago. Now my MM is in the process of getting divorced. :D

We have been together since last February. Things are absolutely wonderful!:love:

To all the OW's, even if the way that he bacame single is odd and kind of rare, it is possible!!!

I am but hopefully not for long :love:

I don't post here much, too much drama, i have enough of that in RL!!! I come here from time to time, but i really don't have a lot of time on my hands to lolly gag around these boards anymore.

There are a lot of OW who visit, but a lot of us don't post here much anymore.

GreenEyedLady
There are a lot of OW who visit, but a lot of us don't post here much anymore.

Sad isn't it? The forum really isn't what it used to be...Although, we are only a PM away...:bunny::bunny::bunny:

GreenEyedLady

So many proclaiming to be OW...you can tell by the posts who is who...

And even though it is *supposed* to be the OW forum, I don't see that many *real* OW posting anymore...it is more like the BS forum when you read the threads...

I am an x-OM too.

After years of waiting I stopped.

Ever since I lost what was left of my concience, and don't care much anymore, there seems to be an abundance of girls who suddenly think I'm cool. I wish I learned the value of being an a**hole long ago :)

So now I'm entertaining thoughts of seeking out unhappy MW's who need some TLC. They seem to be popping up everywhere.

Oh, and it seems to me that there are some betrayed spouses who like to lurk here,

like a church deacon hanging out in front of a strip club.

They get a chance to scold us and maybe even whack us with a taliban stick.

And don't tell any of the BS types that they might have contributed to their spouse's waywardness.

They're touchy about that - they get a little pissed.

FavoriteHeadache

You can't see me but I'm raising my hand. I was an OM until about three weeks ago (early June). I'm glad it's over.

:)

outofdarkness
There are loads of OWs that post on here-absolutely loads!! But I think its good that some BS post here too - OutOFDarkness for example, adds some really insightful stuff to the threads.

I think that if you are new here, a lot of people who really care, and who used to be OWs, or still are, really want to help open your eyes and there's a lot of 'tough love' that goes on, but it is all designed to really help you get out of a bad situation...

I used to be an OW (altho the MM lied about his situation, and I ended it quickly afterwards)

Thanks for the compliment! I really needed it!

I am genuinely curious to see how many of the regular posters in this forum are actually OM/OW. If you are or have been in the past, please post here. If not, please don't. This is not a thread to discuss who should be posting in this forum and who shouldn't. I am really just curious who the actual OM/OW posters are. I think their posts some times get buried amoungst those that aren't.

Actually I am not sure whether I should call myself an OW or an xOW. I am in the process of getting out of this dead end R. The physical part stopped 4 months ago but emotional part is still very much alive for both him and I.

PoshPrincess

I am an EX-OW I am pleased to say. Don't get me wrong, I would still give my right arm to be with him but NO WAY as his OW! After a year of waiting it was time to move on. Too painful but had to be done.

BabyBird, what can I say? I am jealous as hell! ;) V V V pleased for you though! Good on ya! x