Did spouse leave for OM/OW

I'm curious to hear anyone's stories when the cheating spouse left for OM/OW. How long did he/she stay in marriage and what happened afterwards. Are they still together etc?

thanks

HappyAtLast

I left my spouse many many years ago for my OW (although my marriage had been dead for many years before I met my OW). Have been married to my OW ever since.

• Author
I left my spouse many many years ago for my OW (although my marriage had been dead for many years before I met my OW). Have been married to my OW ever since.

Would you mind giving more info. Were children involved in marriage. How long was she your OW? Etc. I like details.

HappyAtLast

My son had just turned 18. I met my OW about seven months or so prior. She and I were involved for two months when I left. I married her two weeks after my D was final.

Obviously, every situation is different. In my particular situation, she is definitely the one I was meant to spend my life with.

My ex-husband left me for his OW. She was the sister of his best friend, I was best friend's with his wife. They were merely acquantainces at first. They seem to be happy -- married about 4 or 5 years now. But something happened along the road (I don't know what) in which that her brother (best friend -- his ex-best friend now) and his wife will no longer have anything to do with them. But for whatever reason, it was meant to be.

Even on the other woman site they call it the 3% club. Not very good odds. And that's not just leaving the spouse but marrying the OP. Even when they leave most go back and forth for however long the OP and spouse let them.

PoshPrincess

In my personal experience my MM didn't leave his W, even though she found out about me. As far as I know, they are trying to work on their M.

However, I know of a few situations where men left their Ws for the OW. Firstly I had a cousin who was seeing a MM with a child when she was only 16. He left his wife, she got pregnant (not sure which way round that happened), the got married, stayed together and now have 4 children and 2 grandchildren.

I have a friend who was having an A with a MM since she was 16. He had one child and then another one came along while he was still married and still cheating with my friend but he did end up leaving his W. Him and my friend have now been married for over 10 years and have 2 children together.

My third example is my ex-father-in-law. He left my mother-in-law for someone else when my ex and his sister were teenagers. He went back to her temporarily (whether he was still seeing the OW or not during this period I don't know) but then left again after a short while. Him and OW have now been married for about 15 years and are very happy.

I'd love to know though whether some men don't leave simply because they don't have the courage (ie the men that DO leave are more selfish) or that they just don't love their OW as much as the other MMs. I shall start a thread on this one......

the first time my now sMM left his wife, he said it was because he was in love with someone else. He and I were not physically intimate at the time. He left her 3 weeks after professing his love for me and went back to her 4 months later.

8 months later, he told me that things were not working out at home and he was very unhappy. I told him that if he leaves, that he leaves for himself and that I might not be with him as I was trying to work out some issues with my now stbxh. After a couple of weeks, my M fell apart (stbxh, rightfully so, have trust issues with me and I had certain ENs that he refuses to meet). A week after that, sMM's wife told him that she isn't happy with the way their M was going and that in order for the M to work out, he needs to continue to work on himself. He said he was happy with who he is and doesn't see what more he could change (at least that's what he's told me). She told him that in that case, they should go their separate ways.

We've been each other's support system and we've been back together for approx. 8 months now. There are ups and downs and rough patches due to both of us going through some of life's most trying journeys. I can only hope that we grow closer together and that he feels the same way.

Things aren't easy, that's for sure, but its better than to be married with someone who isn't the right match for me.