emotional affair, or just good friends???

lawrence angel

lawrence angel

I know it is difficult when you have been hurt in a relationship to give opinions without going into manhater or womanhater mode, especially when we all find ourselves here in this area with some kind if turmoil going on in our lives. I am looking for some opinions preferably from a happily :D married person, but welcome others as well. I will try to be to the point. My husband and I have been together for 10 years, we had a great sex life with good communication until 3 years ago when our son was born, with the year before our sons birth being by far admittingly by both of us to be the best of our lives. I left town to visit relatives about 6 weeks after my son's birth. While I was gone, my husband met another woman, who he happened to be dispatched to work with that day. They ate dinner along with others that night, but he failed to call me as he was supposed to. I found out the next day that he met this really cool girl who can actually do a man's job and they have everything in common. About 2 weeks later, she and her boyfriend went camping in the area where we lived, which happened to be very far from her home. My husband invited a friend to come visit and go see her at her camp site. When he came home, he said her boyfriend was a #!%$ and he acted like he did not want them there. I told him it is not appropriate for 2 men to show up at a girls campsite with her boyfriend there. He said they were just friends. As time passed, my husband became distant and caught up in his work, he stopped making the 2 hour drive home on the weekends and staying with his male friend who was closer to his work. At the time I did not see this as much of a problem because he assured me he was making 5x the money because he worked longer hours, and he was. I decided to move to the area of his work so we could be together, and he agreed. We were moved right after our son turned 1. On his first birthday, my husband blurted out that we have nothing in common anymore, and that I was never going to be the person who wanted to do all the fun things that he wanted to do. I was completely crushed, given that just 1 year prior we were both so happy about our son we were in tears. Over time, my husband began to work constantly, and never be off the phone. He started belittling me, calling me names, and was constantly angry. This led to him cursing at his 2 year old as well. He began to say negative things about me to his best friend. I thought I was losing my mind and became suicidal. At the time I wanted to go back to the place where we had created our happiness that led to our son, and end my son's life and my life. Will finish in next thread........................

• Author
lawrence angel

For those avid readers, this thread is the first half of another one. I see it gets confusing to try and cont. threads.:confused:

AMBERINVEGAS

In My Humble Opinion, He Did Have Something Going On With This Girl. He May Have Never Touched Her In That Physical Sense, But Emotional Cheating Is The Same. If You Look Back Since He Met That Girl, Every Thing Changed In Your Life. He Changed For Sure. Happily Married, Sure At One Time Or Other We Are All Happily Married. But That Does Change. I'm Not Saying This To Be Mean But You Can't Force Someone To Love You Back. And If He Is Being Rude To You And Saying Horrible Things, Is That Love? Does That Sound Like The Man You Married? Staying Away From Home To Be Closer To Work And Saying He's Staying At A Friends House Is A Wake Up Call. Girl Don't Even Think About Suicide. We Are So Much Stronger Than That. It's Devestating And Hurtful And Of Course You Think To Youself "what Did I Do Wrong" "what Did "i" Do To Make Him Act This Way". It's Not You. It's Him. If You Have To Start Taking The Magical Mystery Tour Of Cell Phone Bills And Cell Phone Numbers That Are Dialed Through Out The Day, Both Incoming And Outgoing..you Need To Check Into That. See Who That Is. Once You Have Sufficient...let Me Say That Again..once You Have Actual Proof Whether You Catch Him Together With The Girl Or If The Girl Calls You (they Do That Sometimes, We Girls Can Be Terrible And If They Want You Man Bad Enough, They Will Stop At Nothing To Get Him) Get The Proof And End It. You Need To Take Care Of Yourself..you Need You. Be Positive...about Yourself. You're A Good Person. Suicide Is Not The Answer. It's Like Going To A Hockey Game And Leaving Before You Know Who Wins. Support Groups, A Good Friend..confide..do Not Keep This Bottled Up. And Most Important Of All. You Make Sure Your Child Does Not See Or Witness Any Fights Between You. Your Child Needs You.

AMBERINVEGAS

I Agree 100% Can We Not Go By The Current Date Of When It Was Posted, And The Date The Answer Was Posted. Why Go Back To The Original Date Of The Question.