How do I Restore "Emotional Intimacy" after an Affair?

SandraDeeDee

How does one restore "emotional intimacy" back into a marriage that has suffered from an affair? As a wife, what do I have to do to allow my husband to feel for me the way he did when we married? I know what he has to do, but what do I do? I find myself "making up' for things by giving him LOTS of wild and cazy sex (OK, I LIKE IT TOO). I know I am doing this mostly to keep him interested. I know its wrong, but if we are going to have sex anyway, why not make it something willd and fun so he can think about ME while at work. But, what I really want to know is from a mans point of view, what do I do to keep him happy and in love with ONLY me? He tells me the sex is great, but what more do I need to do?

Have you read "Not just friends" by Shirley Glass? I highly recommend it. Other than that, I have no real advice. I'm just getting started on this recovery path. It sounds like the sex you are having is 'hysterical bonding' -- almost a primal, physical way to reconnect and keep each other from leaving. The emotional part is a lot harder.