LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships > Infidelity

Wife had a 5yr affair


Infidelity In an affair or suspect your significant other? Share your experiences and concerns here.

Like Tree62Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th March 2019, 9:40 AM   #31
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 18,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willski View Post
I just hope my soon to be ex has the decency to do the same. Like I said, it’s in our culture. She even said she wouldn’t dare try to take what’s not hers. I think she knows word will spread fast in our asian community and it will destroy her and her family even if they are in NY.
Decency? You know she has none of that by her actions with other man. If I were you I wouldn't care what her family thinks of her. I don't know how you can live with her and look at her every day.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 11:38 AM   #32
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turning point View Post
I don't know where they are located but, if the divorce proceeds with her relying solely on HIS attorney that could be grounds to modify the settlement even after the divorce is final. So, while I agree "playing nice" could work out for him, it's not a fool-proof strategy since nothing in divorce ever really is.
I am in Texas. We are doing an uncontested divorce.
Willski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 11:42 AM   #33
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillafool View Post
Decency? You know she has none of that by her actions with other man. If I were you I wouldn't care what her family thinks of her. I don't know how you can live with her and look at her every day.
That is what is killing me. Then she starts playing the poor sad, crying girl thing.
Willski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 2:10 PM   #34
Established Member
 
bathtub-row's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willski View Post
That is what is killing me. Then she starts playing the poor sad, crying girl thing.
So what? She lied to you for 5 years - every single day - and pushed you away when you wanted to be intimate with her. She deserves everything she gets now. I’d tell her cry her heart out and that I hope she learned her lesson for the next sucker who’s unlucky enough to be in her life.
bathtub-row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 5:34 PM   #35
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathtub-row View Post
So what? She lied to you for 5 years - every single day - and pushed you away when you wanted to be intimate with her. She deserves everything she gets now. I’d tell her cry her heart out and that I hope she learned her lesson for the next sucker who’s unlucky enough to be in her life.



Just in case you didn't read this the first time.
doyathinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 6:31 PM   #36
Established Member
 
Marc878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willski View Post
That is what is killing me. Then she starts playing the poor sad, crying girl thing.
Regret at getting caught. So what?
Marc878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 1:04 AM   #37
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc878 View Post
Regret at getting caught. So what?
No. I mean having to hear the drama till the D is finalized. She has been hinting bout moving out and hope she does soon.
Willski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 12:44 PM   #38
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathtub-row View Post
So what? She lied to you for 5 years - every single day - and pushed you away when you wanted to be intimate with her. She deserves everything she gets now. I’d tell her cry her heart out and that I hope she learned her lesson for the next sucker who’s unlucky enough to be in her life.
I told her that as well. “For 5yrs you lied to my face and played a game with our marriage. I hope you learn your lesson for the next guy”. She kept telling me that she has never cheated before (I knew that she was always the one being cheated on with her passed boyfriends). I guess She thought she can try out being the cheater this time around. I told her I hope it was worth it since it cost her, her marriage and now has to work more hours so she can move out and support herself.
Willski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 12:49 PM   #39
Established Member
 
Marc878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,044
This is her 1st time cheating and she only did it for 5 years? I guess in cheater logic that makes it ok? Not

Let her be someone else's problem.

Cut as much contact as possible
Marc878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 12:53 PM   #40
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 18,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willski View Post
I told her I hope it was worth it since it cost her, her marriage and now has to work more hours so she can move out and support herself.
I wouldn't tell her these things if I were you until she's moved out and the divorce is final. This could backfire.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 1:16 PM   #41
Established Member
 
elaine567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 18,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turning point View Post
I don't know where they are located but, if the divorce proceeds with her relying solely on HIS attorney that could be grounds to modify the settlement even after the divorce is final. So, while I agree "playing nice" could work out for him, it's not a fool-proof strategy since nothing in divorce ever really is.
Yes I think the OP needs to assume his wife will at some point want her legal half share.
Whatever the morals of the case, she will be "poor" and will need every cent she can get.
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2019, 11:03 PM   #42
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 22
Just an update... my lawyer said we can set a court date for the divorce finalization after April 10th. Fingers crossed, I hope everything will be going smooth.
Willski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2019, 11:41 PM   #43
Established Member
 
bathtub-row's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,008
Well, I’m never one to rejoice over a divorce but this one is much-needed. I hope all goes smoothly.
bathtub-row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2019, 4:09 AM   #44
Established Member
 
standtall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willski View Post
Just an update... my lawyer said we can set a court date for the divorce finalization after April 10th. Fingers crossed, I hope everything will be going smooth.
Good job sticking to your guns. You will find someone better and loyal...they do exist.
standtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2019, 9:13 AM   #45
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willski View Post
She kept telling me that she has never cheated before (I knew that she was always the one being cheated on with her passed boyfriends).

...........................................
Twisted Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 1.5yr gf cheated on me shootmyheart Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy 20 5th July 2007 7:54 PM
Ex exposing 5yr old son to internet girlfriend Indigo Siren Parenting 7 6th December 2004 8:28 AM
5yr affair does he love me? heartsdesire Marriage & Life Partnerships 12 2nd June 2004 2:01 PM
The end of a 5yr relationship Elysium Coping 7 1st March 2004 5:34 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.

Contact Us - LoveShack.org - - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top

Copyright © 1997-2018 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.