LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships > Infidelity

Wife had a 5yr affair

Infidelity In an affair or suspect your significant other? Share your experiences and concerns here.

Like Tree62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th March 2019, 9:40 AM   #31
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willski View Post
I just hope my soon to be ex has the decency to do the same. Like I said, it’s in our culture. She even said she wouldn’t dare try to take what’s not hers. I think she knows word will spread fast in our asian community and it will destroy her and her family even if they are in NY.
Decency? You know she has none of that by her actions with other man. If I were you I wouldn't care what her family thinks of her. I don't know how you can live with her and look at her every day.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 11:38 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turning point View Post
I don't know where they are located but, if the divorce proceeds with her relying solely on HIS attorney that could be grounds to modify the settlement even after the divorce is final. So, while I agree "playing nice" could work out for him, it's not a fool-proof strategy since nothing in divorce ever really is.
I am in Texas. We are doing an uncontested divorce.
Willski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 11:42 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillafool View Post
Decency? You know she has none of that by her actions with other man. If I were you I wouldn't care what her family thinks of her. I don't know how you can live with her and look at her every day.
That is what is killing me. Then she starts playing the poor sad, crying girl thing.
Old 5th March 2019, 2:10 PM   #34
Established Member

Quote:
That is what is killing me. Then she starts playing the poor sad, crying girl thing.
So what? She lied to you for 5 years - every single day - and pushed you away when you wanted to be intimate with her. She deserves everything she gets now. I’d tell her cry her heart out and that I hope she learned her lesson for the next sucker who’s unlucky enough to be in her life.
bathtub-row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 5:34 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathtub-row View Post
So what? She lied to you for 5 years - every single day - and pushed you away when you wanted to be intimate with her. She deserves everything she gets now. I’d tell her cry her heart out and that I hope she learned her lesson for the next sucker who’s unlucky enough to be in her life.

Just in case you didn't read this the first time.
doyathinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 6:31 PM   #36
Established Member

Quote:
Regret at getting caught. So what?
Marc878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 1:04 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc878 View Post
Regret at getting caught. So what?
No. I mean having to hear the drama till the D is finalized. She has been hinting bout moving out and hope she does soon.
Old 6th March 2019, 12:44 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathtub-row View Post
I told her that as well. “For 5yrs you lied to my face and played a game with our marriage. I hope you learn your lesson for the next guy”. She kept telling me that she has never cheated before (I knew that she was always the one being cheated on with her passed boyfriends). I guess She thought she can try out being the cheater this time around. I told her I hope it was worth it since it cost her, her marriage and now has to work more hours so she can move out and support herself.
Old 6th March 2019, 12:49 PM   #39
Established Member

This is her 1st time cheating and she only did it for 5 years? I guess in cheater logic that makes it ok? Not

Let her be someone else's problem.

Cut as much contact as possible
Marc878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 12:53 PM   #40
Established Member

Quote:
I told her I hope it was worth it since it cost her, her marriage and now has to work more hours so she can move out and support herself.
I wouldn't tell her these things if I were you until she's moved out and the divorce is final. This could backfire.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 1:16 PM   #41
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turning point View Post
I don't know where they are located but, if the divorce proceeds with her relying solely on HIS attorney that could be grounds to modify the settlement even after the divorce is final. So, while I agree "playing nice" could work out for him, it's not a fool-proof strategy since nothing in divorce ever really is.
Yes I think the OP needs to assume his wife will at some point want her legal half share.
Whatever the morals of the case, she will be "poor" and will need every cent she can get.
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2019, 11:03 PM   #42

Just an update... my lawyer said we can set a court date for the divorce finalization after April 10th. Fingers crossed, I hope everything will be going smooth.
Old 25th March 2019, 11:41 PM   #43
Established Member

Well, I’m never one to rejoice over a divorce but this one is much-needed. I hope all goes smoothly.
bathtub-row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2019, 4:09 AM   #44
Established Member

Quote:
Just an update... my lawyer said we can set a court date for the divorce finalization after April 10th. Fingers crossed, I hope everything will be going smooth.
Good job sticking to your guns. You will find someone better and loyal...they do exist.
standtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2019, 9:13 AM   #45
Established Member

Quote:
She kept telling me that she has never cheated before (I knew that she was always the one being cheated on with her passed boyfriends).

Twisted Up is offline   Reply With Quote