LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships > Infidelity

Best Years of our Lives blown by Old Flame

Infidelity In an affair or suspect your significant other? Share your experiences and concerns here.

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st March 2019, 6:30 PM   #31
Established Member

Why are you leaving? See a lawyer. Love is an action word. Her actions say she doesn't love you, at least not more than she loves skankboy.

Don't talk to her about anything other than untangling finances, preferably by text or email so you have a record.
BTDT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2019, 10:39 PM   #32
Established Member

This was going on for much longer than you think
Luvmykidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2019, 10:58 PM   #33
Established Member

You can go NC except for communication about splitting any assets and dealing with your divorce.

If she's interested in a useless man like her old flame, let her go to him. You deserve better.
Old 2nd March 2019, 11:01 PM   #34
Established Member

Not to thread jack but great to see you, sandylee1! Has been awhile!
LivingWaterPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2019, 9:25 PM   #35

Hey, all. I just wanted to say thank u. Some very great thoughts were here. Some good advice.

I have, only for a few days now, reclaimed my own life. I know that I have to move on. I think I took my wife somewhat by surprise by going on my vacation even without her. I am on Marco Island, in Florida, enjoying the beaches and the sun and the food - and even enjoying my parents, who I am on this vacation with - while wifey is back home in the freezing cold, but Iím sure sheís keeping warm with Old Flame. Nothing I can do about that, so itís onto the next
Phase.

I am trying to figure out what direction my life should take next. This is a good time for that. Time to reflect, sometimes grieve, but often just enjoy my newfound freedom. Hey, life ainít so bad after all. Iím getting ready to go to the movies, alone, and I kinda like it.

While Iíve been gone, she has texted twice. I havenít responded. Maybe I will later, but right now I am concentrating on me. Should she ever come around and see the error of her ways, perhaps I will be open to that discussion. But she hasnít yet, and youíre right - I canít wait. Iím so glad I got away from the craziness. And i do not intend to go back, the way things stand right now.

Thanks again.
Murnaufau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2019, 9:49 PM   #36
Established Member

Good for you... and no don't respond back to her while on vacation.. grab some power in that..
Art_Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2019, 11:15 PM   #37
Established Member

Ignore anything other than business or divorce related issues.

You don't know who this other man has been with so get an STD test ran immediately and don't touch your stbx wife again.

The only one keeping you in this mess is you.
Marc878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 1:01 AM   #38
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murnaufau View Post
I have, only for a few days now, reclaimed my own life. I know that I have to move on. I think I took my wife somewhat by surprise by going on my vacation even without her. I am on Marco Island, in Florida, enjoying the beaches and the sun and the food - and even enjoying my parents, who I am on this vacation with - while wifey is back home in the freezing cold, but I’m sure she’s keeping warm with Old Flame.
Good for you. Make sure you take some of this new-found resolve with you when you head back home.

Try Snook Inn while you're there, great seafood ...

Mr. Lucky

Eleanor Roosevelt
Mr. Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote