LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships > Infidelity

Wife texting another married man?


Infidelity In an affair or suspect your significant other? Share your experiences and concerns here.

Like Tree35Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th February 2019, 4:58 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 10
Wife texting another married man?

Hi all,

I was wondering if I post my situation that I could get some advice,

So my wife has been texting this married guy(a guy known for cheating) for nearly 1 year now, I didn’t mind at first as I trusted my wife but he would text her most weekends and she would be sneaky about and never said she was texting him,

Then one night she got up during the night to go text him in another room,this is when I started getting real paranoid,I asked her who she was texting and she said our son,I checked and wasn’t active all night,she lied.

I confronted her and she denied it, the next day my mind was racing,I’ve done something I’ve never done,I checked her phone and found out it was this guy(this was my first time knowing who she’d been texting for months), she deleted their chat from the previous night but there was a msg from him apologizing for last night.

I told her that I’d checked her phone, and I knew who she’s been texting, she said it’s nothing like you think they are only friends,I asked her to stop texting him and to block him,she said she can’t block him and that she only texts him bk as she doesn’t want to be rude,

After this night I got into a habit of checking when she was active late on weekend night,pathetic I know but my head was all over the place.

Anyway so he was still texting her and she was responding,it was happening most weekends, I could tell as she would be hiding the phone,and acting all suspicious, she done it right in front of me and I could clearly see who she was texting but she lied and denied it, I told her I could see it was him and she then admitted she was only texting him back,it was the first time in ages and it won’t happen again.

I told her this was messing with my head, I was feeling so paranoid and I needed her to stop

Anyway last night, it all came to a head, she was texting him again last weekend,and this weekend and I’m pretty sure the weekend before too, I lost it and done something I’d never thought I’d do,I text him asking why he was always texting my wife, in fairness he admitted it straight away,said it was harmless fun and they were only friends,he could see that it wasn’t right and he would stop.

I now know that it was only just a friendship, my wife can’t believe I let it get this far and is disgusted with me.

To be honest I’m pretty disgusted with myself,the checking her phone,checking up on her to see if she’s active and then texting him are completely out of character for me,

I need to know to other people get this paranoid and was I right to be a little paranoid?

My wife thinks I should have trusted her, my argument was the fact she kept lying made that very hard,as it turns out I should trusted her and feel like an absolute fool now.

Cheers

Last edited by Disgruntledhubby; 11th February 2019 at 5:05 AM..
Disgruntledhubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 5:42 AM   #2
S2B
Established Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 4,783
NO, don’t you dare allow her to make you feel silly checking on her!

If she wasn’t acting so shady - you wouldn’t be suspicious!

And she has now chosen to communicate with him (which she knew was hurting your feelings). She chose that over your marriage!

Check her phone bill! Get copies of her text conversations!

When people have nothing to hide - they hide nothing! She’s cheating. Dig further.

Read “Not Just Friends”

This is a completely inappropriate relationship that’s violating your trust and harming the marriage.

If she’s not willing to be honest and transparent you may want to end the marriage - as she’s choosing him over you.

Does she work? Do you have kids? How long married and where did she meet him?

I see he’s married - tell his wife. Expose the inappropriate contact so you have someone else helping you keep an eye on what’s happening.


Assume they’ve had sex - she at least wants to - but don’t be surprised if she has already had sex with him.

Your wife is acting like a jerk to you - treat her appropriately instead of taking the blame that should be on her!

Stop bowing down to her treating you so poorly!

Last edited by S2B; 11th February 2019 at 5:48 AM..
S2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 5:55 AM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 10
Hey S2B,

We are married 6 years, together for nearly 13 and we have 4 kids.

She works, she knows him from growing up in the same town,they were never together.

I 100% know they are not having an affair and that they are actually just friends,

She said she lied as she knew I would get all paranoid and she admits she shouldn’t have lied.

I don’t want to go down the route of checking up on her or informing anybody else, I really just want to stop being paranoid.

My whole argument(while I not condone my behavior) is that all the lies lead me to not trusting her,

Regards
Disgruntledhubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 6:53 AM   #4
Established Member
 
PegNosePete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 9,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntledhubby View Post
I 100% know they are not having an affair and that they are actually just friends
How do you know that? Do you know that almost every single person who comes to these forums says the same? And in every case, they are wrong, there is an affair going on. Because the feeling that leads people to your situation (which you call paranoia, some call it gut feeling, I call it instinct) is there for a reason. It almost always turns out to be correct.

As S2B said: if there is nothing to hide, why is she hiding it, and lying, and deleting chats? She LIES to your face, but you believe that she is not cheating? My friend, I have a bridge to sell you!

It is not paranoia when there really is something going on. It is instinct, your gut feeling, your self protection mechanism. You should listen to this feeling because it is telling you that something is not right. And your wife is trying to make you think it's all in your head. Don't believe her!

Here is what you need to do. Lay low for a while. Like 2 weeks maybe. Tell her you're sorry and paranoid due to stress from work or some such excuse and you just want to forget about all this and go back to normal. Make her think you've forgotten about it entirely. Don't make any comments when she is texting or taking her phone to the bathroom or doing any other highly dodgy stuff that she's been doing. If she thinks you've forgotten about it then she will drop her guard and maybe stop being so careful, and stop deleting the chats. So in 2 weeks or so, after she's been on the phone with him, check her phone. I am sure you will find something.

Alternatively you could try to get the deleted text message contents from the phone provider. Although that will not work if they are using whatsapp or another such encrypted app. If they use actual SMS text messages and you have access to the bills, this is a good option.

Another option is to attach a voice-activated recorder by velcro under her car seat. People who are in affairs love to talk in the car.
__________________
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
-- Douglas Adams
PegNosePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 7:09 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 10
I know this sounds crazy but I just know, she tells me the texts are completely innocent,she showed me a few before and they were, also I just know in my gut,I could tell when she was lying about the texts and I just know sheís telling the truth in this instance.

Iím certain there is no affair,call me a fool but itís wierd but I just know.

I guess what Iím trying to ask is, am I wrong for checking up on her and for texting him?

Because I feel awful for doing it.
Disgruntledhubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 7:13 AM   #6
Established Member
 
PegNosePete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 9,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntledhubby View Post
I know this sounds crazy but I just know, she tells me the texts are completely innocent
You're right, it sounds crazy. You should not believe her because as you've said, SHE LIES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntledhubby View Post
she showed me a few before and they were
Well as you also said in your original post, she has a history of deleting texts. So she showed you the "cleaned up" version. What do the deleted ones say? The ones that she didn't want you to see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntledhubby View Post
I guess what I’m trying to ask is, am I wrong for checking up on her and for texting him?
No you are not wrong. There is definitely something going on here and you need to find out what it is. Your wife lies to you, so the only way you can find out what's going on, is self help.

Or you can just carry on being in denial. Up to you...
PegNosePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 7:25 AM   #7
Established Member
 
standtall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntledhubby View Post

Iím certain there is no affair,call me a fool but itís wierd but I just know.

.
No you don't. She is lying to you repeatedly in regards to this guy and you feel guilty...why? I would be digging more, because here are the scenarios, and none of them are good.

1. She is already in a PA and EA with this "friend"
2. She getting deeper and deeper into and EA with this "friend", and it will soon be a PA.
3. She doesn't respect you enough that she will not stop here secret relationship with him. Flip it around...if she requested that you do the same with a female friend, would you do it? I know I would...heck, I would never be secretly texting another woman to begin with out of respect for my wife PERIOD.

This is your wake up call Jack.
standtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 7:27 AM   #8
Established Member
 
giotto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 2,468
she wouldn't lie and hide and/or delete message if she didn't have anything to hide... it's also disrespectful towards you... "she got up during the night to go text him in another room"? Man... what more do you want?
giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 7:34 AM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 10
I agree with what you guys are telling me and the lying is what messed with my head, I think going by the responses so far, my paranoia was warranted.
Disgruntledhubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 8:16 AM   #10
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 8,110
People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing.

I donít think you are wrong for asking her to stop. Itís quite disrespectful of her to be texting another man on the weekends, during what should be family time.
__________________
If they love you, you will know. If they don't, you will wonder all the time if they do...
BaileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 8:19 AM   #11
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,464
Of course your paranoia was warranted. Her being "disgusted" with you is unbelievably offensive. She lied, she acted shady. Because she knew she was doing something wrong.

I don't believe they are just friends, not for a second.
Finding my way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 9:04 AM   #12
Established Member
 
elaine567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 16,592
Women can be just friends with guys and can be surprised when the guy makes a move..
BUT here we have a married guy known for cheating and your wife acting all suspicious (who gets up in the middle of the night to go to another room to text a "friend"?), so whilst I may not bet my house on this being a fully fledged affair, I would certainly not bet any money on there being nothing going on either.
Lay low, eyes and ears open, get a PI if you can afford one.
Say nothing, let them assume you are happy, they will make a mistake...
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 9:33 AM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 10
Wow, I was completely expecting to backlashed for checking her phone/checking online status and texting the guy but instead itís been the opposite, certainly has me looking at this in a different light.
Disgruntledhubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 9:41 AM   #14
Established Member
 
elaine567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 16,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntledhubby View Post
Wow, I was completely expecting to backlashed for checking her phone/checking online status and texting the guy but instead itís been the opposite, certainly has me looking at this in a different light.

Checking phones obsessively for no good reason is not good, but when there is valid suspicion, then putting your head in the sand is no good either.
You did this to protect yourself in light of your wife acting shady. There is nothing wrong with that, you would have been stupid to ignore it.

First line in the cheater's handbook is deny deny deny so evidence is always required.
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 9:44 AM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 10
I only checked her phone once after the night she snuck out of the room to text,
Since they might I have been checking her active status at night st the weekends out of paranoia.
Disgruntledhubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My ''Married man'' texting back? Nathaly Second Chances 6 28th November 2016 4:25 PM
Texting & occasionally with a married man but you don't know his wife. Inappropriate? candycane0116 Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy 10 1st October 2015 6:45 AM
Would you date a divorced man if his wife had run off with another man? musicalsteve82 Dating 13 9th January 2015 12:33 PM
Married woman having sexual feelings for another married man Curiousgal The Other Man / Woman 11 6th August 2013 10:07 PM
wife texting another man tomile Second Chances 17 8th April 2013 5:11 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 1:53 PM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2018 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.